DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    best place to live and race in florida?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

best place to live and race in florida?
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
just curious where would be the best place to live in florida that's reasonable,safe,centralized to all the drag strips and maybe the beach?
is there such a place?

Posts: 1425 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Florida's full..........

Uncontrollable Laugh

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Seriously though. Bradenton, Orlando and Gainesville are the 3 big tracks. Then there is SGMP about 50 miles into Georgia.

As far as location somewhere north of Orlando/Tampa and south of Gainesville would be the most centrally located.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
I live in Ocala. It's 150 miles to Bradenton, 120 to Orlando Speed World, 45 to Gainesville and 150 to SGMP.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
hmmm
you may be my new neighbor!!

Posts: 1425 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Only if you bring your crew chief....

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

DRR Pro
Picture of Don Higgins Crew Chief Pro Software
posted Hide Post
There are great tracks all over Florida. I am staying just north of Ocala and it is very nice. I have been to Immokalee, Orlando, Gainesville, and plan on West Palm.

I stayed at the northern tip of Lake Okeechobee a few years back and it was a nice area. 30 minutes to West Palm and 80 minutes to Immokalee.

Just remember the Alligators and the fire ants. Both are just as dangerous.

Crew Chief Pro 7.980. It is not an evolution in Crew Chief Software, it is a Revolution in Crew Chief Software
Drag Racing Software and Professional Weather Stations(309) 688-2990

Visit us on the web at http://www.crewchiefpro.com

Are you a Producer or a Parasite?

Author of the book, "But Who Will Save The Children."

Posts: 1381 | Location: Bartonville Illinois | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
If you like racing maybe once a month, then Florida may just be the place for you. Bradenton/Sarasota area is growing and getting heavily populated. I would think north of Tampa to Gainesville would be nice area to live. One thing to consider for racing, its to hot and very good chance of rain everyday from roughly Memorial Day to Labor Day.

Shane Carr

"Sugar Shane"

Posts: 119 | Location: No clue | Registered: March 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
i live in new port richey fl. got room to keep all my junk here at home and a workshop. it’s about 2hrs 15 min to gainsville. 1hr 45 min to bradenton and 3hrs 30 min to immokalee. but like sugar shane said, the summer time is like winter time up north no racing happening. most tracks are a once a month bracket race.

Posts: 17 | Location: palm harbor fl | Registered: October 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
I live in Melbourne on the Space Coast...45 minutes to orlando, 1:30 to palm beach, 2:30 to bradenton and gainesville...I am 1 mile from I-95 to get anywhere and 4 miles from the beach...

Posts: 1277 | Location: Florida (FL) | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:
best place to live and race in florida?

there is none! Talk to bracket racers that used to live in flordia.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
ed
I'm that guy that would fly down on weekends from January through april.then stay up north for the summer.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
you can fly to florida now from our airport for 59 to 89 bucks.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
that's crazy cheap! what airport, what airline and how far in advance do you book?

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Niagara falls international airport
spirit airlines and allegiant airlines

they really only have a regular schedule from December through april

rest of the year if you fly out of buffalo on say jet blue its around 108 dollars

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
great deal and great place to hang out for a weekend during those months but live there? NEVER

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
for sure ed...would be a weekend deal during the winter months for racing,then rent her out the rest of the year.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I think 1/2 the population of NY is down there in the winter---can't blame them

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Mike.....rent who out?.......bahahaha.....Doing any D1 racing with us this year?

Posts: 72 | Location: SYRACUSE,NEW YORK | Registered: October 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Coral Gables, Florida... south of Miami. Back in the 1950’s we lived on Andalusia Blvd. near the “Miracle Mile”. Great area to live in, or at least it was back then. Different World, loved it!

Bob

Posts: 3082 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post