DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    where do old "retired" race cars go
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

where do old "retired" race cars go
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Here is one for ya. My 1978 Toyota built back in the day.Complete Moly chassis. Shoe horn deal.
8.90 all day. Wild ride.... Hate to see where it landed after i sold it. I think the Feds got it.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Lot of them wind up getting slammed on the ground with air bags and 28 inch rims. Eek

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
Here's one I'm restoring now Razz

It's a 18K original mile 70 L78 Nova. Last raced in 1977. Tree fell on it and left for dead ....
I bet some older NJ racers remember this car.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Monroe twp nj | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dragkid1990:
where do old "retired" race cars go

HS professor's shop Laughing Hard

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Glad you saved one You Da Man

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Hey some of them would make badass street rods with little work. Save a classic hot rod an old race car.LOL

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4184 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J69:
So if you had an option of the following stock or super stock cars, which one would you choose from top to bottom and why?

69 Camaro Stocker 427
69 Camaro Super Stocker 427
69 Corvette Super Stocker 427
98 Firebird Super Stocker LT1 350
Cobalt Super Stocker SB2
GrandAm Super Stocker LT1 350

As a bracket racer, the Cobalt, seems to have the best visibility for looking back if getting chased.

As a classic muscle car fan, the '69 Camaro.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of sc4087
posted Hide Post
They are at Prescott raceway in Arkansas. LOL

Mike Greene

Posts: 509 | Location: Burleson, TX | Registered: March 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I'd love to get my car into HS professors hands!!!
Needs quarters unless can be fixed.

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post