DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    What To Keep/Not Keep Drag Racing
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What To Keep/Not Keep Drag Racing
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
I'll start with time slips/log books. I use to have a 10 - 15 year archive of these. I got tired of the sheer volume of unused/non-relevant documentation. The crap was sent to the burn pit!

Now, I might have some slips from last year & a log book or two. What do you guys do with your slips/log books?

The subject is open & I plan to share other topics to keep/not keep. Like:

Trophies/awards
Photos/videos
Race vehicles

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2539 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I have some time tickets from 75&80 and Aquasco. They have been closed 25-30 years

Posts: 6202 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I keep last years log book for reference. And because the time slips are entered into the log book, the only ones I keep are the special ones, like perfect rt's, .0001 mov win or lose, and specialty race win slips. I dont get many trip zip slips, so the ones I do get are special to me, lol.

Scott Horsley

Posts: 295 | Location: Nevada | Registered: February 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
I have time slips and log books going back to 1993/1994. Time slips are in a container / tub.

I'm a pack rat, what can I say. lol

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 739 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Chip Horton
posted Hide Post
I kept all my write ups, and magazine stories about my racing career!! The ones that were less important, I did not save. After five decades of wins, I have a "KILLER" trophy room!!! There are hundreds of other racers, besides me in my trophy room!!! You may can find yourself, or other friends, if you want to look thru, all the write ups. There are five decades of them!!! Google, chiphortontrophyroom, Some of them are a "HOOT" I hope all yalls dreams come "TRUE" Mine did, LETS RACE!!!

FIRST INDUCTEE DRR "LEGENDS HALL OF FAME" www.handhatvridepark.com
My favorite track to race at, is one with "LOTS" of chevys!! WORLD CHAMPION, Division Champion, Race of Champions, 29 Time Track Champion. Have won a NEW Car, Motorcycle, Enclosed trailer!!!

Posts: 516 | Location: Jesup Ga | Registered: February 07, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Brktracer
posted Hide Post
I find timeslips stuffed in drawers, tool boxes, trailer, my desk, my computer bag, filing cabinet, etc. Those things are everywhere. I quit keeping log books years ago. Basically, never looked back at them so I concluded it was a waste of time. No time to even look at weather when running a jr. and a big car.

Matt Ward

Posts: 1389 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: March 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by qtrrcr:
I keep last years log book for reference. And because the time slips are entered into the log book, the only ones I keep are the special ones, like perfect rt's, .0001 mov win or lose, and specialty race win slips. I dont get many trip zip slips, so the ones I do get are special to me, lol.

Scott Horsley

That's what I'm finally doing! The only slip I would keep now is a perfect run. I wish I had one & seems like I would/should have one in almost 35 years of racing.

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2539 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Same thing here I keep the previous year for reference. The rest are in the laptop from other years if I need to look at them. I have kept a few over the years. All of the final round ones from divisional stuff, my run to win the 2013 division championship, and I kept the one that cost me the 2012 Championship when I lost in the semis of the last race that year.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 988 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I came close to a perfect run once about 10 years ago at a PSCA, triple index 11.60, qualifying pass.I went dead zero with a 1 light. The only way I got that light is I accidentally bumped in to far but left the same time I usually do. Its a 5/10 pro tree and I have never been able to hit a pro tree. I did save that time slip.

Posts: 295 | Location: Nevada | Registered: February 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post