DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Vaccine approved, any takers?
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 85
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vaccine approved, any takers?
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Bob is much older than me so he will be first, I'm second.

When everything is coming your way, your probably in the wrong lane.

Posts: 1001 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Since I work in the medical field at some point I will be forced to take it, same as they force me to get a flu shot and TB test

Posts: 2394 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 57 Vette
posted Hide Post
Since, I am a front line worker teaching High school automotive. I will be one of the first ones with my sleeve rolled up for this one!!

IHRA ACDELCO Canadian Nationals
Top/et Iron man Champion Wink
57 Don Davis Super Gas roadster Cool
SDPC Race Shop 582 Head Hunter on Methanol

Posts: 268 | Location: Toronto Ont/Surprise AZ | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Larry is only kidding folks, he was my first grade teacher.....honest.......he's first!

Bob

Posts: 3058 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
Never had a flu shot in my life and not planning on starting now.

Mike

Posts: 1562 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I have you all beat. I work at a nursing home so I will be first in line. my company will make it a requirement.

Also I was talking about this with my wife and I told her a month ago that it would not surprise me if places and government make you show proof of vaccine before you can go anywhere or do anything. I just saw on the news last night that airlines were going to make you show proof you have had the vaccine before you can fly anywhere.

ep

Posts: 757 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
Oh come on now, surely everyone knows the shot will alter your DNA, put a computer chip in you and it's made from aborted fetus. This is all a gov't plot to actually infect you and then surrender all of your rights for the cure. We all know this has all been about taking away your rights.

Posts: 1447 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just saw on the news last night that airlines were going to make you show proof you have had the vaccine before you can fly anywhere.

To vaccinate or not to vaccinate is (should) be an individual decision. For corporation to enforce would-be government mandates is fascism pure and simple.

Our rights are beginning to resemble the Brundle museum of natural history.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2322 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
We all know this has all been about taking away your rights.

Incrementalism is an insidious process. Do you define the below as "home of the free"?

"No one knows how many laws there are in the United States. Apparently, no one can count that high.

They’ve been accumulating, of course, for more than 200 years. When federal laws were first codified in 1927, they fit into a single volume. By the 1980s, there were 50 volumes of more than 23,000 pages.

And today? Online sources say that no one knows. The Internal Revenue Code alone, first codified in 1874, contains more than 3.4 million words and, if printed 60 lines to the page, is more than 7,500 pages long. There are about 20,000 laws just governing the use and ownership of guns.

New laws mean new crimes. From the start of 2000 through 2007, Congress had created at least 452 new crimes, so that at that time the total number of Federal crimes exceeded 4,450.

Of course, times change and laws need to be updated. But many laws detract from, rather than contribute to, our quality of life and overall well-being. It is impossible for anyone to know all of the laws that affect them and it is, therefore, impossible to not break any laws. How many of the 4,450 crimes have you broken?"

Posts: 2322 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RPROGAS:
Larry is only kidding folks, he was my first grade teacher.....honest.......he's first!

Bob

Youngsters!

You and Larry are just trying to "Needle" me.

I’m in! I get the flu shot every year.

Posts: 3058 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
It's a protein based vaccine so I believe its safe. No matter how bad the results of the vaccine shot is, it won't be as bad as the Chinese virus. I get a flu shot every year which is virus based and have not had the flu in 20 years plus. I'm in and hope to get a shot in a few weeks.

Posts: 1001 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Mike. You do go on.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Scarth:
It's a protein based vaccine so I believe its safe. No matter how bad the results of the vaccine shot is, it won't be as bad as the Chinese virus. I get a flu shot every year which is virus based and have not had the flu in 20 years plus. I'm in and hope to get a shot in a few weeks.

Larry, I'm going to wait and see how you react. I get a flu shot every year but the flu vaccine has been around a long time.

Posts: 4814 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
Looks like the feudal overlords have been living rent-free in your head for quite some time now. Making YOU the slave. Same with the track officials at Bradenton. They OWN you.

Mike

Posts: 1562 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd Staggs:
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Scarth:

Larry, I'm going to wait and see how you react. I get a flu shot every year but the flu vaccine has been around a long time.

Good approach IMO. All kidding aside, much of the bad stuff about a vaccine should be seen before I become the level of priority that they are serving. I got plenty of time to evaluate and re evaluate. And then I need to be reasonable about what I will sacrifice by not getting it. Will a family member's nursing home not let in folks who don't have it? Even if their population is vaccinated? Are there some long term implications with the vaccination? All questions that come into play. Rights be dammed if a private business won't let you in without vaccination. Should private businesses be dictated that they cannot refuse service based upon vaccine? It's not a simple answer IMO.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6352 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
...I'm going to wait and see how you react.

That's my take. Guinea pig testing is always preferable. I've survived 10 months of this raging infection, w/o a mask, I suppose I can wait and observe a bit longer. I'll also be interested to see the "known" side effects on this accelerated drug.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I seen this in a movie...this is how the zombie apocalypse starts.

I'll pass on this just like I pass on the flu shot every year. I'll take my chances.

Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the writer and do not reflect the views or opinions of any entity other than myself.

72 Nova 370 ci (Stealth Black)

Posts: 394 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: July 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
So Mike, should I quit my job rather than take the vaccine?

Posts: 518 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Just looking for a yes or no answer from you.

Posts: 518 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil Dees:
So Mike, should I quit my job rather than take the vaccine?

i'm not. just because someone who is paranoid of going outside says I should. at the end of the day my trust and faith does not lie in the people who think they are in charge. I know who is in charge therefore I am not too worried about it.

ep-the cone deal has sent retro over the edge.

Posts: 757 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post