DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Vaccine approved, any takers?
Page 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 85
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vaccine approved, any takers?
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
SCDIV1 i feel for ya same instance happened to me . i had no desire for the shot till i saw people i know die from covid . pretty easy decision then .

Posts: 1234 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
If you die refusing an injection, you died for Freedom, the same as any American hero who's fought and died for freedom.

I'll take my lumps for the next guy's Freedom.

I guarantee ya.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve:
quote:
There are some who still have their head in the sand. Scary!

It's interesting that those who don't respect personal liberties are always smarter and always know what's best for other people. Then throw in some emotion, like my son was the same age, and you've got some real emotion driven opinions. I'm OK, you're OK, to each his own, live and let live. The opposite of head in the sand might be enlightened idiot. But then that would be judgmental of me. I'll simply do what's best for me and let others decide what's best for them.

Yeah I could have withheld that.. CV , . I have nothing against your personal liberties and no I am not smarter. I do try to educate myself though. Following that I do exactly what’s best for me and my family. We have lost quite a few friends and family to Covid. Now you can say ; oh they had complications.. that’s b u l l s h I t! If they never contracted Covid guess what? They would still be here. Weak argument! If you took what I said personal I am sorry. I’ll try to a better job.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4481 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
We have lost quite a few friends and family to Covid. Now you can say ; oh they had complications.. that’s b u l l s h I t! If they never contracted Covid guess what? They would still be here. Weak argument! If you took what I said personal I am sorry. I’ll try to a better job.

Luckily I have not been directly affected by Covid. However I have the utmost respect for those that have. One's health is of utmost importance regardless of the nemesis. Nothing personal for sure, simply looking at the other side of the coin. Peace.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2331 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stk 758 BP!:
quote:
quote:

It's interesting that those who don't respect personal liberties are always smarter and always know what's best for other people. Then throw in some emotion, like my son was the same age, and you've got some real emotion driven opinions. I'm OK, you're OK, to each his own, live and let live. The opposite of head in the sand might be enlightened idiot. But then that would be judgmental of me. I'll simply do what's best for me and let others decide what's best for them.

Yeah I could have withheld that.. CV , . I have nothing against your personal liberties and no I am not smarter. I do try to educate myself though. Following that I do exactly what’s best for me and my family. We have lost quite a few friends and family to Covid. Now you can say ; oh they had complications.. that’s b u l l s h I t! If they never contracted Covid guess what? They would still be here. Weak argument! If you took what I said personal I am sorry. I’ll try to a better job.

If they counted this guy covid death, doesn't that kinda tell you, they have no shame in counting anyone covid?

2 + 2 = 5?

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Ronald Reagan treasury secretary says none of it passes the sniff test.

https://www.paulcraigroberts.o...e-the-covid-vaccine/

Rational

DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
I am not one who doubts the existence of Covid. I also have some thoughts about it possibly being an engineered disease. I do not trust Chinese gov't one bit.
It is kind of maddening how it apparently affects people in such different ways, some not at all, others obviously severely. I think the U.S. Gov't really shyt the bed badly and did the entire population a major dis-service by financially incentivizing hospitals to code every possible death as Covid-related, which is obviously a huge factor behind the reasonable doubts in the minds of many Americans. I believe the mortality numbers were/are greatly inflated because of that government stupidity. Most all of us have seen clear examples of corporate greed at work, in declaring deaths attributed to Covid that would have occurred regardless of whether the disease even existed.

I really dislike the control of information by the media and the social networks, it is un-American to trample the First Amendment and limit "Freedom of Speech" to only those who echo the government/media/CDC controlled narrative. Example: Florida and Texas are unmasked, and case counts dropped like a rock. Which tells me some of the medical experts who claim the prolonged wearing of a mask can possibly have negative effects, (bacteria thrives and quickly multiplies in a warm, moist environment, like a mask), are right, yet they are blocked & silenced by the media, because they aren't aligned with the narrative.
I think Fauci is full of shyt, and makes up cr@p as he goes, changing his tune frequently and not even following his own "guidance".
Do I think it is a serious disease? Absolutely. I also feel that way about the common Flu, I had it one year that took me down very hard, at 35 years old.
Because of the government BS, the controlled information by Social Networks and News media, the big money Pharma giants making a killing, and the politicians and Faucis's and Gates's all having vested interests in the vaccine, and the fact of it being completely different and experimental in design compared to any previous vaxes, and untested in a traditional sense, I am 100% AGAINST any "Forced" vaccinations. Especially since the Gov't AND the manufacturers have been declared NOT LIABLE for any negative effects caused by their vaccines. This is/was a FREE country, and the government has NO business forcing ANYONE to take this shot. 100% voluntary is the ONLY acceptable route.

What Big Steve shared is completely Un-American, and should be ILLEGAL. Just like a vaccine "Passport" requirement to travel on a commercial flight, etc. If anyone is afraid to fly with, or be near people who personally choose to NOT get vaccinated, then those in fear should get their shots, then they will have nothing to worry about. If the Gov & Pharmas and CDC determine the vaccine is not highly effective in preventing the disease, well get back to work on designing a new formula. There is no way in he11 they should be forcing ANY member of the public to act as their unwilling Guinea Pigs, nor should they be segregating, restricting or controlling the public based on their Vax status. That amounts to a Dictatorship by Committee.
Just my $.02... Roll Eyes
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
Well it is starting and dont know how it is even legal since the vaccine in experimental. I work for a medical device company and got this from one of the vender credentialing companies today

Dear Vendor -
The intent of this notification is to provide guidance regarding Houston Methodist requirement of all vendors who come onsite to a Houston Methodist facility or clinic to have the COVID-19 vaccination by June 15th.

For onsite access, we will not accept any accommodation for unvaccinated vendors or contractors at this time.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FootbrakeJim,

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1034 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Dan,
Well said. If it was a "proven cure" it would be a different story. However, that is not the case.

Thanks for taking the time to put your story out there.

Jok

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1218 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stk 758 BP!:
quote:
quote:

I can't speak for others, but I think why people point out that many that pass from covid have other complicating health problems, is not because that death doesn't somehow count. But rather it's an apples and oranges deal. When a healthy person with no other health compromises is trying to determine whether to get the vaccine, certainly knowing how many of the deaths were from people less healthy to begin with is a factor. If it is far less likely to kill healthy people, healthy folks would probably have a different view on whether they should vaccinate.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6380 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Toad1:
Dan,
Well said. If it was a "proven cure" it would be a different story. However, that is not the case.

Thanks for taking the time to put your story out there.

Jok

I get what you are saying, and agree with everything Dan said. And I had been on the fence about vaccination, until I got sick. healthy 50 year old and I missed 3 weeks of work with it. Why me with the severe case? No idea. My wife of the same age and also healthy also had a severe case. So now a month and a half later, there really is no reason for me to vaccinate immediately, because I have strong antibody levels from having had it. So no rush.

But as far as it being a cure.....well the vaccine is not. It's prevention. And even if we don't believe public/government supplied data (which I struggle with as well), I can trust less data driven observations from a friend who is a doctor locally. Hospital admissions due to covid are down overall, but more notable is that the cases they have now are exclusively younger and middle aged people.....who have not vaccinated. NO admissions from vaccinated people. And those cases seem to be getting higher severity than previously expected. Nothing scientific to my coming statement.....but the vaccine does seem to work very effectively. Are there risks associated with it? yes, as with anything we do or take or get injected with. If we ONLY look at current data and numbers etc, it's kind of a no brainer if you have any concerns. However, there is no way to 100% predict long term effects of the vaccines. And I will raise my hand and say that this concerns me with a very new vaccine. yes of course there have been other RNA vaccines, and they have a good long term track record. But with the numbers of people getting this new vaccine with no long term data available, sure I absolutely have reservations. And I share every one of the concerns about personal liberties, and frankly trust of governments and big pharma. So I'm certainly not all in. Will I get the single shot vaccine in few months after I get an antibody test? Maybe.
Just my view from the bleachers.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6380 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
In the news this week and no surprise. America has more vaccine and more anti-vaccers than any country in the world. Also, heard immunity is a generation away, directly from the anti-vaccers.

2005 2000lb 4 link dragster
home brew 582 BBC Dart 355
4.629@149
7.310@185

Posts: 12149 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by adv ET 266:
In the news this week and no surprise. America has more vaccine and more anti-vaccers than any country in the world. Also, heard immunity is a generation away, directly from the anti-vaccers.

https://www.paulcraigroberts.o...e-the-covid-vaccine/

Ronald Reagan Treasury Secretary, says covid mania doesn't pass the sniff test.

Read and tell me where he's wrong, please Sir.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:

If we had a government that most Americans trusted, most Americans would line up for this. But a racist Congressional lurker for 45 years who accomplished nothing but gaffs ends up in the whitehouse along side of a woman who started her career literally in the bedroom of a married man, really don't inspire that trust. Add to that the gaffmaster being in bed with China, bailing his kid out of trouble internationally, and for that matter having a crackhead family member who could really compromise the President's integrity isn't trust inspiring either. The moving Covid carrots are just another way that he has ruined trust. And more than half of the country doesn't trust that sawed off little ******* Faucci, and I'm right there with them. If the Trump vaccine was being sold/pushed by any other trustworthy group, everyone would probably have had a shot by now.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:

If we had a government that most Americans trusted, most Americans would line up for this.

"The causes of this isolation and distrust are as plentiful as there are stars in the heavens. But there are a few things we can say. Most of the time distrust is earned distrust. Trust levels in any society tend to be reasonably accurate representations of how trustworthy that society has been. Trust is the ratio of the times someone has shown up for you versus the times somebody has betrayed you. Marginalized groups tend to be the most distrustful, for good reasons — they’ve been betrayed."

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/0...erd-immunity-us.html

The author makes your point.

Posts: 2961 | Location: Boon Docks, FL | Registered: March 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Trans Lady:
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:

If we had a government that most Americans trusted, most Americans would line up for this.

"The causes of this isolation and distrust are as plentiful as there are stars in the heavens. But there are a few things we can say. Most of the time distrust is earned distrust. Trust levels in any society tend to be reasonably accurate representations of how trustworthy that society has been. Trust is the ratio of the times someone has shown up for you versus the times somebody has betrayed you. Marginalized groups tend to be the most distrustful, for good reasons — they’ve been betrayed."

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/0...erd-immunity-us.html

The author makes your point.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
https://www.paulcraigroberts.o...797gJGg6SCaknuatx3RI

Read this,it's written by Ronald Reagan Treasury secretary.

He says none of it passes sniff test

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
For anyone that can't see how skewed this Plandemic has become your cognitive skills need help.

Posts: 2331 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
Mental illness runs rampant on this site

Posts: 1234 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
68 I noticed that!

When everything is coming your way, your probably in the wrong lane.

Posts: 1005 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mental illness runs rampant on this site

I suppose we'll see. It's been said I'm not trying to wake the sleeping sheep I'm trying to wake the sleeping lions. Good luck to you.