DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Vaccine approved, any takers?
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 85
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vaccine approved, any takers?
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Who are you anyhow? Smile

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6406 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Guess Who? American Woman, stay away from me.......especially if you have the Covid!!

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5310 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Won’t get fooled again!

I know the Mega Media Shark is circling..

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4497 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
Just a FYI, for those wanting to know..

24hours after shot. Just a tiny bit sore in the area where needle went in. Otherwise normal, or at least normal for me...

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3309 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I get mine on 1/6. thought I would have had it by now since I work in long term care.

ep-glad to hear the update DC

Posts: 764 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Bless his heart...

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4497 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
Originally posted by Canted Valve:

Where is the like button???

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3309 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stk 758 BP!:
Bless his heart...

One of 6 GOP's with a backbone.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6406 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:
Originally posted by stk 758 BP!:
Bless his heart...

One of 6 GOP's with a backbone.

Agree, I do not need it or the last one. Help those ( businesses) in need. 600 really does nothing! Now the left wants to give away the barn! Total bs! This I am sure is tied to something down the road. Help documented Americans and business. Feel as though his speech falls on deaf ears. ?

Raceless in California!

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Well, his speech definitely calls to the carpet all those in Congress willing to pork the heck out of this. Now everyone is looking. So they gotta tread a little lightly if they want to stay in public good graces. Will see how it goes. I haven't seen many exactly stepping up to the mic to defend it.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Larry Scarth,
I just heard I'm in group 1b so I will be next in line to get the vaccine. So I w3ill have a big decision to make.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Well Floyd you gunna get it? If not I'll take your spot Smile

When everything is coming your way, your probably in the wrong lane.

Posts: 1013 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I got Covid 19 little over a week ago. Spent about 6 hours with pretty bad fever then 2 days with mild fever and very tired. Had a mild touch of diarrhea for a few days. Overall not bad at all have been much sicker. Later heard there was 30 people up there at work that got it that week.

Hard to say exactly when I got it but I suspect it took about 3 days before I got any symptoms at all. I think that is part of the problem you get exposed and have it for 3 to 5 days before you know you have it. I guess it can be serious but I certainly would not live my life in fear and hiding especially after going through it.
Back to the original topic if you want to get the vaccine go for it that is your choice. I tend to believe it is safe and probably effective but I am not sure it is needed. In fact I think it may be more about making us conform to them than our safety.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4011 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Scarth:
Well Floyd you gunna get it? If not I'll take your spot Smile

Larry, the jury is still out. My son and daughter in law say get it but I haven't heard from my daughter yet.
I'm kinda wishy washy on it. I didn't get the flu vaccine till after I got the flu. I'll talk to my doctors.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
I got Covid 19 little over a week ago. Spent about 6 hours with pretty bad fever then 2 days with mild fever and very tired. Had a mild touch of diarrhea for a few days. Overall not bad at all have been much sicker. Later heard there was 30 people up there at work that got it that week.

Hard to say exactly when I got it but I suspect it took about 3 days before I got any symptoms at all. I think that is part of the problem you get exposed and have it for 3 to 5 days before you know you have it. I guess it can be serious but I certainly would not live my life in fear and hiding especially after going through it.
Back to the original topic if you want to get the vaccine go for it that is your choice. I tend to believe it is safe and probably effective but I am not sure it is needed. In fact I think it may be more about making us conform to them than our safety.

Glad you are ok Curly. I’ve had friends who barely got sick and a friend (and his family) that had it three weeks.
Chris had fevers, severe headaches, breathing issues and severe cough. A person with asthma he thinks would have a tough time.

Raceless in California!

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
I am 57 and on the fence about getting the vaccine. I never get a flu shot but at this point I am so desperate to get back to normal, I'll do about anything. I figure it can't be worse than the shyt they shot us up with in the Marines before going to Iraq.

Posts: 633 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Some of you lining up for the vaccine, I assume you’re going to the other 50-60 most newborns get as well? I’m 47, never had a flu shot, only got whatever vaccines were out as a kid, the 5-6 common ones from 70’s-80’s, I’m still alive, showing the normal late 40’s age and no I’m not 20 anymore but that’s how life works. The “experts and scientist” claim an average of 5 years for a vaccine, now they’ve miraculously got this one in a matter of months? It’s also not possible to sue the government or anyone for any type of injury from this particular vaccine and literally billions been paid out from other vaccine injuries but most of that is kept on the “down low” and dam near impossible to find and you’re most certainly a conspiracy theorist for even thinking so, but the big government has your best interest and finances in mind, right?
I’m really confused where or how you get on board with getting any vaccine for anything? There’s no cure for flu, common cold or many other viruses. THERE IS NO CURE ALL! There’s a lot of money for government and big pharma to make, from healthy people right? I guess good luck to those who it but I certainly WILL NOT EVER BE ON BOARD FOR ANY VACCINE.

Shane Carr

"Sugar Shane"

Posts: 119 | Location: No clue | Registered: March 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
for all those rushing to get this vaccine because they think it will protect them from getting covid-19 and possibly save their life based on what they have been lead to believe by the far left, fake news media, same fake news media that helped the democrats steal the election, told you that trump colluded with the Russians to win the election in 2016, told you trump will lead us to nuclear war with North Korea and everything else anti trump by these never trumpers, not my president, elite liberal douchebags know this...

it's been Seventeen years since the severe acute respiratory syndrome (Sars) outbreak and seven years since the first Middle East respiratory syndrome (Mers) case, and there is still no vaccine for these corona viruses despite dozens of attempts to develop them.

I nor my family will be getting the vaccine.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Once about 60% of the people have had the disease or the vaccine we will develop what they call "Herd Immunity" and then it will slow spreading almost to a stop.
Right now I think about 100 million people have had it and they say by end of January we could have 100 million vaccinated. That will be abut 60% of America.

Problem with that is they can not seem to make up their minds and keep moving the goal post.

Why? Because it has been made Political.

Also I do not like they have a "No Liability" clause and it has been rushed through.

Yes, it is probably safe but if you do not want to get it I completely understand.
I have gotten Covid 19 and now have the Antibodies so I am not concerned anyway. For me it was no big deal being sick. Bill and Melinda Gates have decided they want to limit population of Earth and they keep wanting to be involved in the vaccine. What up Wit Dat? Do they want to save lives or stop population? Do not think they have much to do with this but that sure does not sound right.

One thing to me that is EXTREMELY concerning and Red Flags everywhere is the talk of them forcing you to get the vaccine in order to work, fly or do anything. If you have had it you have same immunity to it as a vaccine why would that not get you the ID? Hmmm...

That we would have to get a Vaccine ID to do anything yet do not need a ID to vote? WTF? Really?

Right now 30% of the people coming across the border illegally are testing positive for it. If this is so bad why don't they shut down the Border ? Or does that not meet their agenda?

I am not telling you to get the vaccine or not because I do not care. I just want you to think what is going on and make your decision. If this was not an election year there would not have been much said or done about it. It is Political. The disease is real and we will always have diseases. But how it has been handled is Political.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4011 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post