DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Vaccine approved, any takers?
Page 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 85
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vaccine approved, any takers?
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
It was mandatory, not by a company but by the wife lol.

While meant to be humorous, that is a revealing statement. I would suggest you listen to the link I offered under the "Curious, above section, women supporting women". But it would be a waste of your time.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Not a waste of time, 13 minutes of entertainment.
I,Robot, the three laws.

Posts: 297 | Location: Nevada | Registered: February 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
Had an appointment in March health department sent me an email asking if I wanted to get it on Feb. 25th they had openings. Went down and they did it as a dive in at the industrial park. Sat in the car in line until I got to the tent. It was quick and totally painless as they used one of those point and shoot needles. Told to park and wait 15 mins before leaving. Saw a friend so we stood around and BS'd for the time. It was the Moderna and I had no effects, arm didn't even get sore.

Posts: 1462 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Johnson and Johnson is out. One shot vaccine, now do we have more takers?

When everything is coming your way, your probably in the wrong lane.

Posts: 1013 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Our school district is vaccinating at the district office. Got first shot Friday.

Goal for district is to have K-3 in class after Easter, 4-6 a week later, and middle and high school by May 6 if all safety protocols are in place in classrooms.

Posts: 81 | Location: Sacramento CA | Registered: November 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Wifes morning coffee and bs group has two doctors in there lil click. Both have said they are not taking it,but if they where to take it. It would be the J&J vaccine. They feel the test results are more realistic with it.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
WHAT GOOD IS THE VACCINE? DOES ANYONE KNOW? OR IS THIS THE LATEST EXAMPLE IN HISTORY OF MASS PSYCHOSIS MARCHING TO THE BOX CARS?

Does not provide immunity
Does not eliminate the virus
Does not prevent death
Does not guarantee you won’t get it
Does not stop you from passing it on to others
Does not eliminate the need for travel bans
Does not eliminate the need for business closures
Does not eliminate the need for lockdowns
Does not eliminate the need for masking

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
“The phenomenon we have witnessed in Germany was nothing less than [an] outbreak of epidemic insanity. . . No one knew what was happening to him, least of all of the Germans, who allowed themselves to be driven to the slaughterhouse by their leading psychopaths like hypnotized sheep.”

Carl Jung, After the Catastrophe

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stk 758 BP!:
It would not surprise me if the vaccine was held back for the new sheriff in town. We can’t have Mr Trump getting any credit can we? Hearing Johnson & Johnson have a new one shot system? I know Ca is lagging.. it’s gonna be a while!

I’ll do J&J !

Worth the wait it seems..

More info for Mike to ponder or write about.. Big Grin

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4503 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
It would not surprise me if the vaccine was held back for the new sheriff in town. We can’t have Mr Trump getting any credit can we? Hearing Johnson & Johnson have a new one shot system? I know Ca is lagging.. it’s gonna be a while!

I’ll do J&J !

The only thing I'm pondering is your selective conspiracy theory nature.

When in reality they have a large majority under a mass psychosis spell marching to the injection box car, and nobody can rationally explain why. Smile

WHAT GOOD IS THE VACCINE? DOES ANYONE KNOW? OR IS THIS THE LATEST EXAMPLE IN HISTORY OF MASS PSYCHOSIS MARCHING TO THE BOX CARS?

Does not provide immunity
Does not eliminate the virus
Does not prevent death
Does not guarantee you won’t get it
Does not stop you from passing it on to others
Does not eliminate the need for travel bans
Does not eliminate the need for business closures
Does not eliminate the need for lockdowns

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:
quote:

I’ll do J&J !

The only thing I'm pondering is your selective conspiracy theory nature.

When in reality they have a large majority under a mass psychosis spell marching to the injection box car, and nobody can rationally explain why. Smile

Does not provide immunity....1 year

Does not eliminate the virus.... nothing does

Does not prevent death.... yes

Does not guarantee you won’t get it... no guarantee on race engines either

Does not stop you from passing it on to others...yes, mask, distance and vaccine
Does not eliminate the need for travel bans... are you serious??
Does not eliminate the need for business closures... I agree

Does not eliminate the need for lockdowns... in some super spreader areas yes..
.... yes it does..

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4503 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
.... yes it does..

Can you share your references that validate your statement?

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Ive mentioned before that i am eligible for the 2nd dose this week, and our southern nevada health district rolled out a new appointment portal today, so I went on to try to schedule again. Much to my surprise I got right in, filled in the blanks and got my appointment for wednesday which is the date I am eligible for my wife and I. The old system wasnt to bad to navigate but all it ever said was no appointments were available. Ill be glad to get this over with, as Ive said, works, dont work, dont matter as long as there is a chance, no harm, no foul. On a related note, AP just reported Flu this season is virtually non existent. Coincidence or ????

Posts: 297 | Location: Nevada | Registered: February 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve:
quote:
.... yes it does..

Can you share your references that validate your statement?

NOooo, he can't reference wishful fantasy

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Funny how so many bracket racers also happen to be infectious disease experts.

Had my second Moderna shot Friday. Sore arm was the only side effect.

A practical reason to get the vaccine is that Vermont is now allowing people to freely travel freely 2 weeks after the second vaccine. For me that means I can go spring skiing there without breaking rules. I would expect more states to relax restrictions for those vaccinated soon.

Posts: 715 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
NOooo, he can't reference wishful fantasy
Pffft! No conspiracy theory here pal. I’ll take the science with papers every time.

https://www.usatoday.com/story...s-column/6709455002/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BP758,

Raceless in California!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
My daughter got sick as h3ll after the 1st shot of Moderna.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd Staggs:

Hate to hear that Floyd, hope she is ok!
I've heard three pro teams that Covid went through their teams. Three of them have been hospitalized but doing ok now.

Raceless in California!

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I’ll take the science with papers every time.

Not to argue, but I would point out these quotes from the referenced article.

"OPINION This piece expresses the views of its author(s), separate from those of this publication."

AND

"Ezekiel J. Emanuel, Céline Gounder, Michael Osterholm, Luciana Borio, Atul Gawande and Rick Bright
Opinion contributors"

So to give it the weight of USA Today would be a misnomer.

"Dr. Ezekiel J. Emanuel (@ZekeEmanuel), Dr. Celine Gounder (@celinegounder), epidemiologist Michael Osterholm, Ph.D. (@mtosterholm), Dr. Luciana Borio (@llborio), Dr. Atul Gawande (@Atul_Gawande) and immunologist Rick Bright, Ph.D. (@RickABright) are members of the Biden-Harris Transition COVID-19 Advisory Board."

To view this article as anything other than a political statement is to kid yourself!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd Staggs:

Hate to hear that Floyd, hope she is ok!
I've heard three pro teams that Covid went through their teams. Three of them have been hospitalized but doing ok now.

She's fine now, Barry. She had a fever, headache, chills and muscle aches. She was netter Tuesday and fine today.
I'm still waiting.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post