New
Find
Notify
Tools

EV Trucks
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Just watched a review last night. They took a brand new F150 with a 6.2 vs an EV lightning.

Same 6,000 lb toy hauler trailer on each. They made it roughly 95 miles before the EV truck ran out of battery range, and needed a charge. No word on the charge time, but I would expect 2-4 hrs in the best case scenario.

If these trucks can't even make it 100 miles with a 6,000 trailer; they are far from doing truck things.

Link Below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e55Vued028

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
brazil, russia, india, china, south africa stay on fossil fuels and 80% of the rest of the world.

russia has more energy than anyone.

A transition off fossil fuels is a transition to poverty for the west.

BRICS nations / monetary system

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
It is not just EV trucks, none of them are feasible for most of us. Too short of range, too few charging stations, those stations take too long to charge and nobody can tell us how much it really costs to run them.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3961 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
It is not just EV trucks, none of them are feasible for most of us. Too short of range, too few charging stations, those stations take too long to charge and nobody can tell us how much it really costs to run them.

And the guy with the small trailer blocked the entire charging area when he needed to charge!

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:

Don't worry it's all gonna end in tears after a game of Cowboys vs satanists.

Relax

DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Holytown:

If these trucks can't even make it 100 miles with a 6,000 trailer; they are far from doing truck things.

I'm more excited about the EV off-road vehicles. Imagine the fun that will follow after running the battery completely down when off-roading in the desert, or the mountains, or some swamp, etc.

Mike

Posts: 1562 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
The GM EV Silverado needs 4.5 hours min -9.5 full charge. Would imagine the Ford is about the same?
No thanks.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4461 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Barry, that is plug into a 120 house plug. You can charge any EV much faster but it comes a cost

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12265 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike English:
Barry, that is plug into a 120 house plug. You can charge any EV much faster but it comes a cost

Wow thanks, yeah I am wondering what amperage it takes to do that!

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4461 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
i saw this video as well. the guy in the gas truck made it back home 100 or so miles while the electric truck was still charging. and it sounded like the electric truck guy had to pay 20 something dollars for the 75% charge he got.

the only thing i want that runs off of a battery is a drill and an impact driver

ep

Posts: 757 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
i watched a rivian and lightning sale for over 125k wholesale last week

Posts: 1232 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pauley:
i saw this video as well. the guy in the gas truck made it back home 100 or so miles while the electric truck was still charging. and it sounded like the electric truck guy had to pay 20 something dollars for the 75% charge he got.

the only thing i want that runs off of a battery is a drill and an impact driver

ep

AND some some small lawn equipment.....

Waite till they come out with the "Electric Driver less Semi's. An accident looking for a place to happen.

Posts: 1407 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
According to Google, the drive from Los Angeles to Philadelphia is 2710 miles. If the Ford F-150, towing a 6,000 lb. 5th wheel trailer, or race car trailer only got 95 miles before it needed a full charge (taking approximately 4 to 4.5 hours) that would minimally add another 108 hours, or 4.5 days to the towing time from LA to Philly.

This assumes that no additional electrical item (A/C, radio, head lights, brake lights, basically all things electrical etc.) were used which would reduce the battery charge life to less than 95 miles per charge.

It also assumes that you could find the proper charging system with the correct charging adaptors every time you needed a charge. Not likely. Question: Not to drive the point any deeper, BUT while those batteries are deteriorating what happens to the towing power level?

If this sounds impractical, you might be right.

Bob

Posts: 3058 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
https://www.reuters.com/busine...ar-rules-2022-07-06/

Poof up in smoke, there goes the new liberal orders plan for its subjects.

Looks like our vassal states are rebelling, we must've not given them enough of our strategic oil reserves, to keep em giving lip service.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Study Claims GMC Hummer EV Pollutes More Than With a 212.7-kWh battery pack that tips the scales at 2,923 pounds (1,325 kilograms) and a curb weight of 9,063 pounds (4,111 kilograms, the GMC Hummer EV is not your average planet-saving electric vehicle.

While EVs have zero tailpipe emissions, they are still responsible for greenhouse gas emissions, according to a study by the American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy (ACEEE), a non-profit research organization focused on reducing energy waste and combat climate change.

The non-profit uses the Hummer EV as an example in this respect, calculating that the electric pickup emits 341 grams of CO2 per mile when accounting for emissions from the electric grid. That's significantly higher than the Bolt EV's 92 grams of CO2 per mile and exceeds even the gas-powered Chevrolet Malibu's rating of 320 grams per mile.

https://insideevs.com/news/597...an-chevrolet-malibu/

They don't only want everyone in a EV, they want everyone in a tiny little EV.

Posts: 2961 | Location: Boon Docks, FL | Registered: March 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Years ago we had a young Lady bring in her Yugo to our Toyota Dealership because it would not start. She believed that we also worked on Yugo's since all Foreign cars are the same.

"Her" mechanic said that it needed a new starter. Actually what it needed was a new short block, and a starter. One of the connecting rods broke, exited the block and knocked the starter off. The starter was laying on the ground held only by the battery cable.

Bob

Posts: 3058 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
i was at a friend of mines ford dealership this week and he had a ford lightning pick up sitting there. he says you have got to drive that thing. so he threw me the keys and i took her for a spin. this thing was impressively fast and surprisingly fun. i was rolling about 30 mph and stomped the gas and it immediately lit the tires up and was quickly going 70+.

now i am not interested in anything electric and especially not for 80k. the no load range said about a little over 200 miles.

ep-just some first hand information for anybody interested.

Posts: 757 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post