New
Find
Notify
Tools

2007 ram 2500
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Have been kind of looking for a crew cab truck to replace my 1998 c1500 ext cab. Truck dealer nearby has a 07 ram 2500, 5.9 Cummins six speed auto, and 8ft bed only 130xxx miles. Truck is clean and looks to be in very good shape. I know power wise it will pull my open car trailer fine. Just courious about useing it as a daily driver. My round trip to work and back is only six miles. What problems will this creat and anything to look out for?

Posts: 495 | Location: Going to or returning from the chipmine. | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Consider looking at the 09 and later Ram 1500 with Hemi, tow package and only the 3.92 rear gear. Put E rated truck tires on this.

imho diesels are a poor choice for short trip daily driver and occasional towing if the load is under 10k lbs.

Even the Ram 2500 w/ 6.4 Hemi would be a good choice

Posts: 2464 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I have considered a half ton crew cab gas truck. They are certainly easier to find than a gas 3/4 ton. Would really prefer to stay gas. This one just caught my eye yesterday. Probably will just keep looking. I am in no hurry to buy. Truck I have now is fine just cab is small when all four of us go somewhere in truck.

Posts: 495 | Location: Going to or returning from the chipmine. | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
I also have 2007 5.9 Dodge , I use it as s daily driver. As along as you get it to full operating
temp you should be good . Manual said if you do a lot of these sort of trips oil change intervals should be done more frequent . I have had mine for 8 years doing just that with no problems. I also just have an open trailer pulling around 4750 pounds . This truck will be the last truck I ever own as I only put 4300 miles a year on it.

That’s my 2 cents and most think that way to much....

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post