New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gas Tuners
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Looking for some good advise here. I have a 2003 Silverado, 8.1 engine and Allison 4 speed automatic trans with 123,000 miles on it and pulling a 9,500lb trailer. Its only getting 7mpg and 35 mph up steep grades. Looking to buy a perf. chip set up and want to know what others experiences are. Bully Dog, Hyperchip, Jet, ????

Posts: 2 | Location: South City | Registered: January 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Buy a diesel, and be happy

Posts: 604 | Location: nw ohio | Registered: November 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HR3377:
Buy a diesel, and be happy

And lighter

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6373 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I had the Diablo for the same truck with the 5.3L. It did nothing for power or shift or economy. I would not waste the $400 on a tuner for something with that many miles.

Posts: 109 | Location: NY | Registered: April 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of KWig
posted Hide Post
Even with your mileage, you might waant to reach out a fellow named Ed Wright, on Classracer.com. He can reprogrm your ECM, and has done it for quite a few folks, and all praised his work.
I spoke with him about mine, but we both thought my 330,000 miles was too many. It's worth looking into.

You have to put in the effort, to get anything out of it.

Posts: 736 | Location: Cumming Ga | Registered: January 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Black Bear performance has a lot of good reviews at the Tahoe forum.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6373 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post