DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Is CSR-Performance still in business ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is CSR-Performance still in business ?
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of ROLLIN'
posted
I ordered a new CSR BB water pump back in December the 12th as a Christmas present (from Jegs). I was told a week later it would not make the Christmas deadline and would come first week in January - as Jegs called CSR. End of January, I called and then was told February. Then March, now April. Jegs has been great in staying on top of this but today I have heard (not from Jegs) that CSR is out of business ? Does anyone know anything on this ?

Posts: 22 | Location: .002 next to you | Registered: May 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Did you check with Summit?

I ordered something from Jeg's last year and kept getting backorder messages month after month.

I never thought about it,but I went to Summit and they had it in stock.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of ROLLIN'
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
Did you check with Summit?

Yes back ordered there also.......

Posts: 22 | Location: .002 next to you | Registered: May 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
They were last week. I ordered a filler neck adaptor from them Monday and got it Thursday. They were great to deal with. I'd call Summit or call CSR direct.

Posts: 23 | Location: P.A. | Registered: February 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I would cancel that order and buy a Meziere instead. Much more reliable from what I hear. HMMMM

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
they've been on life support for many years with some parts and replacement parts not available. I wouldn't buy anything from them and Meziere water pumps are the benchmark.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
They haven't had a steady supply of inventory since Goza went out of business. Meziere for the win.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
x3 for Meziere

Posts: 1413 | Location: Yarnell, AZ | Registered: August 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Brktracer
posted Hide Post
I heard about the long lead times several years ago so I ordered a spare WP motor. Summit had it on BO for about 2 months and later sent a post card saying they had to cancel my order. I ordered from Jegs and received the motor about 7 months later. But, I have a spare now. lol.

Matt Ward

Posts: 1390 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: March 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
A number of years ago I bought a used CSR water pump that I continued to use for a long time after. When I built my new engine, it failed on the dyno....I did call about a replacement motor for it but that was pretty much a wasted call....So stepped up and a Meziere on it...been happy ever since. At least they support their product and have stuff if you need it.

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
My benchmark made it two races....

Posts: 1251 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
CSR pumps can be made to last but you Best Buy a spare motor when you buy the pump or you will be back in same boat when it fails. I have rebuilt almost new ones for local racers just to get them the confidence they need in them and never had one fail after that. The seals are the other weak link in them as they come unglued and most racers don’t know it till the motor itself fails.
The count on repaired pumps is around 350 CSR and 25 Mezieres and that should speak volumes for the different in quality.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by green1:
I would cancel that order and buy a Meziere instead. Much more reliable from what I hear. HMMMM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1385 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I had much better luck and performance with the CSR pump than I did with Maziere. I am less than impressed with Maziere and think it is overpriced to.

I am glad others here have had good luck with the Maziere and if CSR can not produce it them you may need to consider it.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3990 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post