DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Fuel Prices & Car Counts
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fuel Prices & Car Counts
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Holytown:
quote:
Originally posted by Footloose:
$336 gal. today. Dropping fast. We may wind up with 15% corn in are gas. Pres. said so.

Pretty sure the higher ethanol content decreases the fuel mileage.

Yep.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
quote:
Originally posted by Holytown:
quote:
$336 gal. today. Dropping fast. We may wind up with 15% corn in are gas. Pres. said so.

Pretty sure the higher ethanol content decreases the fuel mileage.

Yep.

Wife’s truck is running E85 and it’s about 1.5 less fuel Mileage than premium. Does not start well either. Harder on injectors too.

If they want to ruin some older fuel systems then ethanol will do it!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BP758,

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4497 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
quote:
We may wind up with 15% corn in are gas. Pres. said so.

Most people don't even know or remember that Trump did this in 2019.

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5736 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
If it does go to 15%, I'd definitely drive & pay higher prices for ethanol free gas to use in small engines (chainsaw,leaf blower,..)
The 10% causes enough problems to small engines.

I don't see how 15% will help at all.

Let's go Brandon!

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I agree with BP (Barry) it will reek havoc on the older fuel systems while also reducing the mileage, but count on the Biden Administration spinning the story to fit their agenda. Most (mindless) folks will "Buy" any story they dump on the public and accept it as Gospel.

Biden and his kids (especially Hunter) are probably out there buying as many corn fields as they can.

Let's Go Brandon (X2)

Bob

Posts: 3082 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Both reg and mid have some ethanol (%?) in it now and yes it reeks havoc on small and large engines and carbs. Especially Generators! I dump 5 of supreme in occasionally.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4497 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Dems sure hate small engines!

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6406 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
Dems sure hate small engines!

California does! They hate police, fire, republicans… at least until they need them!

Raceless in California!

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
$5.299 for regular at Costco this morning (4/13/22), best price I could find in San Diego. $81.00 to fill the tank in my Tacoma. I'm going to wait it out for the next 12 days or so to re-fill the motor home.

Bob

Posts: 3082 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Inflation is costing the average family $400-500 more per month, how do they make that up? The answer is that they use more of their disposable income. Many bracket racers will have to choose whether to race less or give up family vacation, fishing trip or some other non-essential activity. Just like in 2009 when the ACA was passed, there was a large downturn in leisure activities of all kinds.

Posts: 321 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: October 24, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 434 olds
posted Hide Post
Just paid $4.95 for diesel. $385 to fill up my truck.

Worlds Quickest And Fastest 71 Cutlass On The Planet Earth

Posts: 536 | Location: Oak ridge, N.J | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Dictator Biden just authorized another 800 MILLION to go to Ukraine.

I wonder how much of that Hunter Biden gets and what the "Big Guy's" cut is?

Let's Go Brandon (X5)

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4011 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post