DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Fuel Prices & Car Counts
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fuel Prices & Car Counts
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Anyway here at VMP enough racers and as far as I know no cut purse. Lots of foot breakers showing up to race. But it is cold as he!!

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
I'm no longer a Broke Dyck, I invested in ED for what he's worth & sold him for what he thinks he's worth. Thanks ED!

Wow, no dumbass reply to that one. Cat got your tongue again. Razz

BTW, seeing you are reading everything I post. I'll be retired at the end of this month, more to come. Big Grin Keep reading my Broke Dyck & clueless post(s). Please, stop being scared & compete you pathetic old man; if I can do it, you most certainly can with all that knowledge.

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2549 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
Anyway here at VMP enough racers and as far as I know no cut purse. Lots of foot breakers showing up to race. But it is cold as he!!

Same story at Northeast Dragway (Hertford NC) today, Fern. Maybe this gas thing will keep folks closer to home? Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow Ticket:
Isn’t that what I said at the top of this page? Then you said it wasn’t facts and truth?

Nope. Obviously reading comprehension ain’t your thing either. Laughing very hard

Could the reading and comprehension scholar clarify what he meant then?

Posts: 290 | Location: Midwest  | Registered: January 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
The thing is they paid the full purse and ran a quick program plus a gamblers race. I was impressed!

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Could the reading and comprehension scholar clarify what he meant then?[/QUOTE]

Ed is too into himself to realizes he's being played.
Falling of chair laughing

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
On a different note, those of us who race and stay in hotels are getting hammered...the same rooms I paid 89 bucks a night for a year ago are now being quoted between $250 and $400 per night...at Bradenton this weekend I had to pay $239 per night for a Days Inn...at the New Years Nationals in January I paid $139 for my usual haunt, the Best Western Plus, Bradenton...they quoted me $250 per for this past weekend...this is unsustainable for me on a fixed income...sigh...

Posts: 1277 | Location: Florida (FL) | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
You’re getting fuc’d, they’re price gouging, unless a big event was going on in the area which is common to raise prices considerably for. The local motel to the track I’ve stayed at for over a decade, raised their price $3.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
With the National and double divisional and the PBA masters tour here plus the BTS concert, (what ever that is), the hotel rates on the Strip have gone from average $200.00 to $1000.00 per night, and people are paying it. I can see why the AirBnBs are getting so popular, you can rent a complete house with pool for $1500 for 3 days. There is two of them just on my side of the street in my neighborhood. As houses go up for sale, they are being bought and turned into BnBs.

Posts: 297 | Location: Nevada | Registered: February 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
At the first PDRA race of the year last weekend, the car counts were great, as usual. TS had 53 entries, TD 63.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fuzzy dice:
On a different note, those of us who race and stay in hotels are getting hammered...the same rooms I paid 89 bucks a night for a year ago are now being quoted between $250 and $400 per night...at Bradenton this weekend I had to pay $239 per night for a Days Inn...at the New Years Nationals in January I paid $139 for my usual haunt, the Best Western Plus, Bradenton...they quoted me $250 per for this past weekend...this is unsustainable for me on a fixed income...sigh...

I get it Fuzz! Not getting better!

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4504 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
I just paid $274 total for three nights at a super8 in NC for the PDRA race there.....

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
"I just paid $274 total for three nights at a super8 in NC for the PDRA race there....."

Funny...there is a Super Eight a bit further away from BMP but they quoted me $229 per night for last weekend....sigh...

Posts: 1277 | Location: Florida (FL) | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
I checked into mom and pop motels and found two that look nice...one is 60 bucks a night starting and the other is 139 per starting...both a bit further away from the track but much better deals...we'll see how it works out next time...

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:

Nw lets think about that statement."cold as hell". While not positive since never visited and keeping it that way is fine. I head hell not really cold. My question has always been. If you love hot than would hell for you be cold?

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fuzzy dice:

Sounds like time to find decent used motorhome.Either that or start some modification inside of trailer.Fold down bed, propane instant hot water heater and a gray water holding tank. Would not take but cpl weekends to cover cost. Just a susggestion.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
OK Chris, how about colder than a well diggers a$$ in the Klondike?

And Fuzz has an open trailer. He is an "old school" racer!

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
I will have to take your word on that one.As GC I hire well diggers and if that col I sit in truck and watch/LOL

DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
$336 gal. today. Dropping fast. We may wind up with 15% corn in are gas. Pres. said so.

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Footloose:
$336 gal. today. Dropping fast. We may wind up with 15% corn in are gas. Pres. said so.

Pretty sure the higher ethanol content decreases the fuel mileage.

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post