DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Fuel Prices & Car Counts
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fuel Prices & Car Counts
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow Ticket:
you will see the over leveraged racers not show up, or less often.

your opinion, not the facts and truth. Further the LODRS crowd will continue to show up at divisionals and national events to full capacity.

quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
I believe the advanced weather forecast will hurt the turnout more than the price at the pump.

EXACTLY and the fact that the market is saturated with BIG $ Gambler races, virtually every weekend throughout the season and throughout the country. Unless you're wanting to race for a chance at 6 figures, there's no longer a reason to travel great distances.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
That foot brake (no buttons) race at VMP is a good deal. 2 $5000 races for $200 entry. Win 4 rounds 1 day and you got your money back!

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Those that want to race won’t have a problem with the travel (fuel / lodging) expense. Many I’ve park next to have provided a lot of shade for my operation. No matter where/ what event/s you race at, the locals (under 250 mi) are the largest group in attendance. That’s a short drive imho.

Posts: 2462 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Yeah no kidding it's my opinion, it's a public forum.

Posts: 290 | Location: Midwest  | Registered: January 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of muggs
posted Hide Post
My stuff is low budget, 9 passes last Saturday cost me 3.5 gallons of pump premium. The 110 mile round trip took 11 gallons of pump regular in RV and another 4 gallons in generator. Addition inflation cost me an extra $37.00 in gas money. No real issue. Even if we get rained out ot exercises RV and wife/pups out of house.

On the flip side, higher end stuff will see higher costs. Will car counts be majorly affected? I do not know. With PBIR track maybe closing, some may not make investment to travel to the west tracks. I will stick with Immokalee and BMP for now and keep small pump gas motor in.

Posts: 3079 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yeah no kidding it's my opinion, it's a public forum.

yea and your opinion is just that, not based on actual facts. It’s fake news!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
I still remember knocking those pump gas pistons in the hole. 454 block on 91 octane. Was run on E85 also. I left a lot of HP on the table by not using the 12 1/2 pistons. But I bracket race.

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Most people using Diesel Motorhomes get between 6 and 11 MPG. So using 8 MPG as an average to go 800 miles it will be approx. 100 gallons of fuel. So at 5.00 a gallon its 500.00 to go 800 miles. So from last year average 3.50 per gal. its another 150.00 to do the same trip. Probably will not discourage most if its a race they want to go to.

Posts: 318 | Location: ohio | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of muggs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Footloose:
I still remember knocking those pump gas pistons in the hole. 454 block on 91 octane. Was run on E85 also. I left a lot of HP on the table by not using the 12 1/2 pistons. But I bracket race.

Actually running around 220 cranking compression with domed pistons, 36 degrees of timing and solid flat tappet cam. Small port heads to avoid diaper rul a few years back make it cheap to run. Is jetted slightly richer than with race gas and runs fine. 7.05/11.20 at 3250 lbs. Ran it 2010 to 2019 before current rebuild in 2019, bearings looked new and ring gaps went from .022" to over .060" over 8.5 years. No performance increase but blowby inder control.

Posts: 3079 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SLICKSTER:
Most people using Diesel Motorhomes get between 6 and 11 MPG. So using 8 MPG as an average to go 800 miles it will be approx. 100 gallons of fuel. So at 5.00 a gallon its 500.00 to go 800 miles. So from last year average 3.50 per gal. its another 150.00 to do the same trip. Probably will not discourage most if its a race they want to go to.

EXACTLY!

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Hits my program too

I've not even gotten it out of winterization yet. I pickled it in November after the last bracket race and should have already been to 4 races this year.

Posts: 106 | Location: Il,IL | Registered: March 22, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Bunch here including me didn’t get the message. Some from NY and SC. Foot brake race 170 entries first round.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Exactly! Fuel prices only effect the broke dycks that could never afford to race but did anyway.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Eddy Eddy Eddy. You must have a callus on you Dyick by now? Lord knows you've stepped on it often. But you keep using your hero's catch phrase Big Grin Look at you go!

Those who can go will. Those who cannot, will not, simple as that.
Its about principle more than the money for most.

Petition for a Name change. Richard (short... for D)

Spitting Dancing Cat

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4498 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Wrong dyck head it is about $ and always been about $!

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Says the D.....Bag Chicken Little Loser that's scared; you're pathetic old man. Razz

Now get your butt in a race vehicle drivers seat & show us how it's done, but we all know you're scared.

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2549 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Says our poster boy for broke dyck bracket racers, orders the trailer he’s been dreaming of for 30 years and after waiting nearly a year for it he backs out of the deal once delivered. Why because he didn’t have the coin to buy it and now he ain’t got the coin to pay for his engine rebuild, blaming the engine guy for not finishing it. You got to pay the man mother fucer! Laughing very hard Pathetic, A real fucing loser!

Loser B KING

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Early in this post I said:

you will see the over leveraged racers not show up, or less often.

Ed said:

Posted by 1320:
your opinion, not the facts and truth.

Then Ed Said (on the same post)
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Exactly! Fuel prices only effect the broke dycks that could never afford to race but did anyway.

Isn’t that what I said at the top of this page? Then you said it wasn’t facts and truth?

Posts: 290 | Location: Midwest  | Registered: January 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I'm no longer a Broke Dyck, I invested in ED for what he's worth & sold him for what he thinks he's worth. Thanks ED!

You're...................................

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2549 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Isn’t that what I said at the top of this page? Then you said it wasn’t facts and truth?

Nope. Obviously reading comprehension ain’t your thing either. Laughing very hard