DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    No racing so smoked a turkey today.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

No racing so smoked a turkey today.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
First .No I did not roll up a turkey and smoke it, Today was opening day of turkey season.

Just like my choice of car to build,old school.I use a dbl barrel shotgun for turkey hunting that is muzzle loader.

So went out and smoked a good size Tom this morning about 2 hours after day break. Not huge about 18 to 20 lb with 8" beard.

Might not be bale to clean my butt after taking a crap because of corona but still get to eat.LMAO

Figured hell any discussion that was not virus related is a good break now days.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4160 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Where did you find rolling paper that big?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6352 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Where did you find rolling paper that big?

It's been cleverly disguised over the years a butcher paper!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2323 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
You got BOBE CHEW? Iced teas and mashed taters? You loving life Smile Good things come to those who wait Not worthy Smile

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Do you do a fair amount of Turkey hunting? I have been intrigued by the idea, but my neighbor, who does a lot of hunting (mostly deer) says he doesn't care for the taste of wild turkey (not the bourbon). Nothing like the ones bred for slaughter. What is your take on the flavor and how do you fix yours? Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1227 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
I guess I am weird. I do not like store bought turky. Never have. Wild turkey is a red meat un like tame. Has different taste and like most game meat its in the cook and prep. I mostly use it in my game pie I make at Christmas,which I have standing orders for about 40 to 60 per year.

As for hunting turkey. I do some,but nothing like I do deer.Deer hunting is more of a religion,especially muzzle loader season. Mu family knows don't die during muzzle loader or Chris will not be there.

October is slow month for deer and the reason my anniversary is Oct. 16,100% true.

Turkey can be big challenge and takes some working at to get good and I am not there yet. Hell I enjoy trout fishing because its more challenge and know that getting 7 is dang good day.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4160 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Badazz Chris!

Posts: 1749 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post