DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Head and Neck Restraints
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Head and Neck Restraints
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Currently running the original NecksGen but it’s up for recertification and evaluating my options since there are more options on market now. My biggest complaint about NecksGen is the limited amount of travel left to right for visibility driving the stripe. Looking for opinions on other options that people are running.

Posts: 4 | Location: Somewhere | Registered: June 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I've heard that the Simpson hybrid sport with the upgraded fixed length tethers will allow you to turn 90deg.

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 468 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
I have the Necksgen Rev, and zero issues with how far I can turn my head. Was cheap to get recert done as well. I can turn my head almost all the way side to side. Not sure if that's the one you're talking about or not, but I like mine.....

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1466 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I have the original also and I recently sent it in for re-cert. The new tether they put on it might be a big longer but I have no problem turning my head.

The cheap re-cert is a trick. They tell you fifteen bucks but then they add a hundred to it for the new tether which is "required" by SFI.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5310 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cashflow:
I have the original also and I recently sent it in for re-cert. The new tether they put on it might be a big longer but I have no problem turning my head.

The cheap re-cert is a trick. They tell you fifteen bucks but then they add a hundred to it for the new tether which is "required" by SFI.

They told me I needed a new tether and shoulder pads.....nothing was wrong with either.....told them not to do the pads....got it back, and it had a new tether, new shoulder pads, and a bill for inspection only!!!!!

Mark Goulette

Posts: 1466 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I have the rev. I can’t turn as far as I like. I can lengthen the tether but I don’t know how much that compromises the usefulness

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6407 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
I have the rev. I can’t turn as far as I like. I can lengthen the tether but I don’t know how much that compromises the usefulness

If the tether is too long it won't do what it's supposed to do....I can turn my head plenty with mine on, and I checked the tether length per their recommendations...

Mark Goulette

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I have a necksgen rev 1 and the difference between almost being able to turn my head and going 90 degrees was consistently .010 behind at the finishline lol

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 468 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post