Find
Notify
Tools

Buying a boat?
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
My buddy is having a ball with this boat. He goes down to the marina on the weekends and works on it, fishes off the stern, meets nice people and is enjoying the hell out of it. He only paid 3500 bucks for the boat. Like I said, he stole it. He's having so much fun he just bought another one, A 34' Sea Ray with twin Hino diesels that has been sitting in the marina for 8 years. The owner got tired of paying slip fees and just wanted it gone. It's in the same marina so he stays on his boat and works on the sea chicken. He spent a couple of ours changing fuel filters and freeing up some stuff and got both engines running. He figured for another 3500 buck investment and a little work he could flip it and pick up a few grand. He's almost done fixing and he should list it next week. He's planning on getting 20 grand out of it.
The main thing he is having fun. He owns a succesfull tree business and is tired of the everyday grind.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Big Steve

Did you stop at Lake Havafew on your way to the CA coast?

DaDaDa...DANG!!!

Posts: 235 | Location: Justin, TX | Registered: July 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bubbletop409
posted Hide Post
I've been a boat owner since July 20, 1969, the day we landed on the moon. No matter what other interests I've had over the course of my life, I have never lost my love of boats, or regretted owning one for one minute. Currently own two, one is a restored drag boat.

Larry
62 Bel-Air 409
79 Cole TR-2 SunsetRaceCraft 565 RIP TRACY
260 Eliminator Eagle XP HP500EFI
NO MO BOMA
WELL DONE USN SEAL TEAM 6
Proud Deplorable

Posts: 60 | Location: Castro Valley, CA State of Insanity | Registered: August 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post