New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can't make this up
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Did the officials come over and take their side because they're good TnT customers?

Why'd you back down?

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I know the Maddox boys. Race in SC much you will know.

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
Terrible story there, EP, but I agree with Schultz that you seem to have a great attitude and you'll be back soon.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3150 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Backing down only makes it worse for the next guy who comes along.

I've never heard of anyone getting plowed into in the pits, and not compensated for damages.

Your number got called and you didn't answer.

Snow Ball to Hell.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 434 olds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
Backing down only makes it worse for the next guy who comes along.

I've never heard of anyone getting plowed into in the pits, and not compensated for damages.

Snow Ball to Hell.

Do you try to boost your post count?

Worlds Quickest And Fastest 71 Cutlass On The Planet Earth

Posts: 536 | Location: Oak ridge, N.J | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I can promise you retow that i will not be posting about this incident 5 years from now.

ep

Posts: 757 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
You've set a all new precedent for being plowed into in the pits, and not getting compensated for damages.

Someone else will in 5 years or less, that's how Karma on civilization works.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
i was compensated as much as you were the night you hit the cone. and 5 years worth of ranting and posting you have been compensated the same amount as you were the night the cone was hit.

and i do not remember seeing in any of the thousands of posts about the said cone incident the number of azzes you whipped over said incident. and if azzes were whipped your compensation amount is still $0. so ranting and posting has served you no monetary advantage.

ep-i am trying to say that sh1t happens

Posts: 757 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pauley:
i was compensated as much as you were the night you hit the cone. and 5 years worth of ranting and posting you have been compensated the same amount as you were the night the cone was hit.

and i do not remember seeing in any of the thousands of posts about the said cone incident the number of azzes you whipped over said incident. and if azzes were whipped your compensation amount is still $0. so ranting and posting has served you no monetary advantage.

ep-i am trying to say that sh1t happens

Simple, my compensation is retaining my self respect for not backing down to lies.

Your own self respect is worth more than any amount of money.

You can try to make this about me, but I'm not the one of the two of us who backed down to lies, you are.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
at the end of the day your compensation has made you look like a bumbling fool and laughing stock for years.

i wasn't going to get compensation from the idiot that hit me no matter who's azz got whipped or how many years i decide to discuss this incident.

ep

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
as usual you are making this thread about you as well.

ep

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pauley:
at the end of the day your compensation has made you look like a bumbling fool and laughing stock for years.

i wasn't going to get compensation from the idiot that hit me no matter who's azz got whipped or how many years i decide to discuss this incident.

ep

Maybe to your take the vaccine ilk, but you're kind ain't too smart to begin with, and passes its self respect out like a w h o r e would on nickle night..

Around here everyone knows what happened, and why. But then again apparently they don't ignore their own two eyes following the lemmings off the cliff.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Wild Wild West 2
posted Hide Post
Please someone explain how you can make anyone pay for damages they caused while on private property at a race track.

Maybe I am wrong in my understanding that it would be a "gentleman's agreement" to make any compensation for an accident, whether on or off the track while on the property of said track.

I'm not saying those guys should get away without paying for what happened, but at least own what happened. Even say, "Man I'm sorry it happened, but I can't afford to help you fix it."

I'm just not understanding Rietow's comments about what he thinks should have happened.

Tim West
"Wild Wild West" Racing

mickeythompsontires.com
tciauto.com
compcams.com
www.motorsportsinnovations.com

Posts: 309 | Location: Spartanburg,SC | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wild Wild West 2:
Please someone explain how you can make anyone pay for damages they caused while on private property at a race track.

Maybe I am wrong in my understanding that it would be a "gentleman's agreement" to make any compensation for an accident, whether on or off the track while on the property of said track.

I'm not saying those guys should get away without paying for what happened, but at least own what happened. Even say, "Man I'm sorry it happened, but I can't afford to help you fix it."

I'm just not understanding Rietow's comments about what he thinks should have happened.

Have you ever heard of anyone not paying for plowing into another car in the pits?

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Yes, I have. I have even heard of someone not paying for an "on track" incident.

Tim West
"Wild Wild West" Racing

mickeythompsontires.com
tciauto.com
compcams.com

Posts: 309 | Location: Spartanburg,SC | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes, I have. I have even heard of someone not paying for an "on track" incident.

I haven't, and I've seen a half dozen incidents of it in the pits.

I've never heard of it.

Terrible precedent.

Even if it takes a year for a guy to pay for damages, as long as there's an effort made.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Taking a year to pay off damages would be great, if he is willing to pay it. But there is no rule or law that says he has to. And giving an a$$ whooping or taking an a$$ whooping over it won't change the fact that he won't pay for it. Plus, them a$$ whoopings will land you in jail even at a race track.

Again, I'm not saying the dude shouldn't pay for what he did, but if he doesn't offer, what can you do ?

Tim West
"Wild Wild West" Racing

mickeythompsontires.com
tciauto.com
compcams.com

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Taking a year to pay off damages would be great, if he is willing to pay it. But there is no rule or law that says he has to. And giving an a$$ whooping or taking an a$$ whooping over it won't change the fact that he won't pay for it. Plus, them a$$ whoopings will land you in jail even at a race track.

Again, I'm not saying the dude shouldn't pay for what he did, but if he doesn't offer, what can you do ?

We had a guy back into a friends car at Sunshine, he agreed to pay, then tried to make it a subjective matter of where my friend parked in backing out of paying for damages.

We went to his house to talk to him, not to intimidate him but to talk it over.

He paid for damages as he originally agreed.

I had a guy do $1000 damage on my Nova with a golf cart, took em a couple weeks but they did the right thing.

You gotta talk to people.

I just had a deal a month ago, come around sharp corner in the staging lanes, went to back up to get the tires unwound so I could set air pressure. Almost backed over the front tires of a dragster.

I'd have paid for damages without question, That was MY FAULT.

So your saying according to these new precedents, there's no real reason for me to pay for my mistake upon causing damage to other peoples property?

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
There is no rule or law that says that you have to if it happens on private property at a race track. But if you are a "gentleman", you will own your mistake and pay for damages.

Tim West
"Wild Wild West" Racing

mickeythompsontires.com
tciauto.com
compcams.com

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
There is no rule or law that says that you have to if it happens on private property at a race track. But if you are a "gentleman", you will own your mistake and pay for damages.

The law is don't back down when you're right.

Make amends when you're wrong.