New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can't make this up
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
As some of you may know i have had Maddox Race Cars building me a brand new SG/TS car. It is absolutely beautiful. Short story with the car is this. 13 years ago me and my Dad started this project. The original builder died after starting the car. TM Race cars approached me about finishing the car. during the time they had it i get 1 kid in college then 2 in college so this car was not priority to me. fast forward kids off of my payroll and I decide to finish my car. TM did hardly no work so i contacted Maddox about finishing it. These guys are awesome and did what they said they would do and when they said they would do it and did i mention it is beautiful.

fast forward to Friday night. i picked my car up on Thursday Maddox meets me at the track on Friday night to make my first hits in it. After one shake down hit i go up and make my first full pull. while coming up the return road some jack azz pulls out without looking and drives in to the side of my brand new car. then says that i hit him. while the side of my car is busted up.

i say all of this to say a couple of things.
1 idiots show up at TnT
2 Maddox Race Cars have my car back and are making repairs for me so i can run it some the rest of the year. did i mention they are awesome.
3 you cant talk to idiots. these dudes wanted to fight because they hit me.

i have waited 13 years for this car. i will fix it and it will be water under the bridge.

ep-can't make this up

Posts: 757 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Wow, sorry about the new car mishap! Sounds like you are making the best out a bad situation.

USA

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2494 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
OMG! What are the chances. Maybe post a pic after repairs are made and surprise us with what you finely finished.

Posts: 2434 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I am sorry to hear that. It is terrible that many think nothing is their fault and will not man up to their mistakes. It all started wit participation trophies and welfare. That tells people they do not have to work hard and take responsibility for their success or failure. That kind of thinking is destroying America.
And some people do not realize how much Blood, sweat and tears we put in to our cars and how much they mean to us.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3966 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Sorry about that. Those boys did that to my car they would not dare go to sleep or leave their mess alone.

Posts: 6197 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Pauley, I would have hit the chip! Your are dead on TNT folks..
That bites big time!

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4469 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
An amazing attitude. Things will work out for you, I’m certain.

2005 2000lb 4 link dragster
home brew 582 BBC Dart 355
4.629@149
7.310@185

Posts: 12149 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
That sucks. Show true strenght to keep it going and not be in jail charged with assault .

Agree T-N-T is full of idiots.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4168 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pauley:
As some of you may know i have had Maddox Race Cars building me a brand new SG/TS car. It is absolutely beautiful. Short story with the car is this. 13 years ago me and my Dad started this project. The original builder died after starting the car. TM Race cars approached me about finishing the car. during the time they had it i get 1 kid in college then 2 in college so this car was not priority to me. fast forward kids off of my payroll and I decide to finish my car. TM did hardly no work so i contacted Maddox about finishing it. These guys are awesome and did what they said they would do and when they said they would do it and did i mention it is beautiful.

fast forward to Friday night. i picked my car up on Thursday Maddox meets me at the track on Friday night to make my first hits in it. After one shake down hit i go up and make my first full pull. while coming up the return road some jack azz pulls out without looking and drives in to the side of my brand new car. then says that i hit him. while the side of my car is busted up.

i say all of this to say a couple of things.
1 idiots show up at TnT
2 Maddox Race Cars have my car back and are making repairs for me so i can run it some the rest of the year. did i mention they are awesome.
3 you cant talk to idiots. these dudes wanted to fight because they hit me.

i have waited 13 years for this car. i will fix it and it will be water under the bridge.

ep-can't make this up
99o/o of the people on this forum PAULEY have no idea who the MADDOX’s really are……Boy you guys are missing out..

Posts: 1250 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 434 olds
posted Hide Post
Need to see pics of the car.

Worlds Quickest And Fastest 71 Cutlass On The Planet Earth

Posts: 536 | Location: Oak ridge, N.J | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
i dont know how to post a pic on here but if somebody pm me their number i can text them pics and they can post them up for me.

Whomper you are correct. the Maddox are the best people i have ever dealt with besides Scott Duggins at PAR.

ep

Posts: 757 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Ed send them to me

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
The last couple years ive realized the pits are far more dangerous than going down the race track.After seeing an incident at south georgia i called larris insurace and covered my dragster and golf cart for the year.Was very reasonable and great piece of mind!

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:
The last couple years ive realized the pits are far more dangerous than going down the race track.After seeing an incident at south georgia i called larris insurace and covered my dragster and golf cart for the year.Was very reasonable and great piece of mind!

Racing can be dangerous but I often feel it is more dangerous towing to the track than racing. You have idiots pull out in front of you, change lanes and slam on the brakes and other stupid stuff. Many are just idiots but fact is we can not stop or make evasive moves as quickly in out tow rigs as easily as a car.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3966 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
1290 gonna post them up for me.

ep

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I would never bring my cars to test on designated test/tune day or Friday night for 3 reasons…

1. The track has little to no prep.
2. The clientele is career test/tuners, kids with street cars and wannabe street outlaws.
3. With a sea of cars in the lanes, oil downs, breakage, crashes and limited staff to control those that think it’s a round round course that exit the track then get right back in the lane that is being pulled, you’d be lucky to get 3 passes in over 8 hours.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:

I agree, traveling the pits can be dangerous with speeds some racers travel at especially returning from a run. Same goes for the open road. I insured my street legal track scooter also.

Posts: 2434 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
thanks for posting 1290.

ep

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pauley:

3. you cant talk to idiots. these dudes wanted to fight because they hit me.

So they lied about what happened and it bothered you eh?

Took a little money out of your pocket eh?

Truth Matters all of a sudden eh?

Karma is a biotch.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post