Find
Notify
Tools

Practice Tree App
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Hi all,

So I am getting back into bracket racing this year after being out for 15 or so years. Anyway, as I am getting close to completing the car my "play" funds are getting a bit tight... So there will be no room for a practice tree this season (most likely)

I found a app for my phone and have been using it to practice but I am not sure I trust it just yet. Sure, I am rusty *but* it seems like I can string together a bunch of .012 - .015 then I get a rash of .050 and up. Then a .000 out of nowhere (I don't think the app can do .00x as I have never seen anything other than .000 or .01x).

Anyway, I am not sure I am actually doing myself any good using the app. There are times I think I mowed the tree down and I get a .058 or something like that. Then there are times I think I am late and I get .015 or even .000. I don't think I can use it to learn if I had a good light or not. Oh, I have the app setup to simulate a delay box so I am leaving off the top bulb. I don't really care about the number just how consistent I am. Well that and the ability to "guess" if the light was good or bad.

Any feedback you guys would have would be most helpful. Thank you for your time!

Posts: 9 | Location: Medina,Ohio | Registered: June 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
probably a button thing

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1411 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
i also think that just seeing the light and reacting is good practice whether you can see real numbers or not

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1411 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ccm399:
So I am getting back into bracket racing this year after being out for 15 or so years. Anyway, as I am getting close to completing the car my "play" funds are getting a bit tight... So there will be no room for a practice tree this season (most likely)

Are you racing in Box, No-Box or Foot Brake?

TRY THIS

This message has been edited. Last edited by: markemark,

Posts: 2458 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't put much stock into the phone apps. If you're really looking to practice a portatree pocket pal might be a worthy investment.

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 468 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:

TRY THIS

Thanks for the URL!

I am going to be racing box. I mentioned I had the app setup to simulate a box but I didn't say that was how I would be running the car.

Thanks for the help everyone!

Chris

Posts: 9 | Location: Medina,Ohio | Registered: June 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ccm399:
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:

TRY THIS

Thanks for the URL!

I am going to be racing box. I mentioned I had the app setup to simulate a box but I didn't say that was how I would be running the car.

Thanks for the help everyone!

Chris

I go to that site from time to time.

Maybe it is just me,but when I use Chrome Browser,I will get some unexplained bad lights from time to time.

When I use Internet Explorer,the issue doesn't seem to be there.

This is off of the bottom.Your results may differ.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:

Maybe it is just me,but when I use Chrome Browser,I will get some unexplained bad lights from time to time.

When I use Internet Explorer,the issue doesn't seem to be there.

Try FIREFOX Browser

Posts: 2458 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I gave that site a whirl and it Seems more in tune with how I "feel" I did. I was using Firefox so that's good.

Thanks again everyone.
Chris

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Hotrod Corvette
posted Hide Post
The Jegs Perfect Start phone app works pretty good.

Burt

I'm So Proud To Be An American And Not A Democrat...

Posts: 1219 | Location: Clinton Township, MI | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hotrod Corvette:
The Jegs Perfect Start phone app works pretty good.

I heard that too but it's not on the play store that I can find. There is a Jegs app but I installed it and it looks to be only the store app.

The Drag Tracker website is much more consistent so far. I have had an opportunity to use it a few times now and so far so good.

I'm guessing the issue with the app is the touch screen on my phone. I have been trying to use the edge of the screen so I put my finger in the same spot each time. Haven't had a chance to do many hits with the new approach but it still seems "off".

Chris