DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Video of our TD win this weekend
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Video of our TD win this weekend
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted
Parked the car in the winner circle this past weekend at the Midwest Promod series race at Xtreme raceway park.
4 runs during eliminations varied from 3.905-3.915
Worst light was .018 in the final. Car and driver were one Saturday night.

My son put together this really cool recap video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iqpdrdswjo

Q4-R4 time slips. Track temp in Q4 was 135* Check out the 60 and 330 times, not bad for a 2500 HP bracket car. Water grains were north of 130

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Big Steve,

Posts: 2431 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of diceman1530
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!!
Great Job Big Steve!,

Working for the Weekend!!!!
Fordyce Motorsports

Posts: 253 | Location: Williamstown, NJ | Registered: November 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mitch H
posted Hide Post
Very cool.....

Congratulations on a great race win!

Posts: 154 | Location: PA | Registered: December 31, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Watched the COOL video,BIG Steve, what a GREAT driving job !!! Congrats!!! 005 ,013, 006, 018 lights for the win !!!

Posts: 2464 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Very cool. Always liked calling it before the run just to show i know what its going to do.Sounds like your son(crew chief?) does the same. Was even more fun predicting et at 330' and watching other drivers shake their heads as et popped up on board.

Coll videos and congrads'

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Very very impressive Big Steve, what a great job you and your son did!!! Congrats again clapping

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Nice!! I would love to feel a .982 60' and 2.57 330'. That b!tch is truckin'.. Good little recap video also.

Posts: 329 | Location: observing the mayhem | Registered: December 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I have known Steve and his son for some years now. We met while bracket racing at Texas Motorplex. At that time, Steve and son had a 68 Camaro that was a regular round winner. As time passed, they moved into a dragster then top dragster.

Big Steve and Steve are the real thing. They are hard workers, detail-oriented, and good learners. I hold them in high regard as a true example of sportsman drag racing.

Good job boy, well done.

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1834 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Nice, congratulations again!

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
AWESOME! Were you running the RM shear plate spacer?
Laughing Hard

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1468 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Steve, that was great driving and the car was flawless! There were no easy rounds, all those folks are tough.

Bob

Posts: 3083 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Wow Congratulations. Talking about being on a string. Perfect video... 295 FTW lol

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Congratulations.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4017 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Didn't see the rt's on the ticked but the first one in the video was .005. Fantastic performance!

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6408 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
Didn't see the rt's on the ticked but the first one in the video was .005. Fantastic performance!

Yea my son blocked them out because he knows I don't normally like them posted online. I told him it was okay and to put them on the video if he wants

Posts: 2431 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
On a rail! Nice. Great job Steve!
Heading to Sonoma now.

Was waiting for the popcorn feature to start Laughing Hard

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4504 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
You Da Man clapping

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
You Da Man clapping

Thanks Ed. You know our Undercover cars are almost identical and obviously make for a pretty good Top Dragster. I have 3 #1 qualifiers in a row and a runner up in NHRA D4 this year so far. Just proves you don't need a 270 inch all Carbon Spitzer to compete. Show the video to Kyle, maybe he will want to convert the car to TD next year haha

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
Congrats!! Great video too to remember it.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 741 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
You Da Man clapping

Thanks Ed. You know our Undercover cars are almost identical and obviously make for a pretty good Top Dragster. I have 3 #1 qualifiers in a row and a runner up in NHRA D4 this year so far. Just proves you don't need a 270 inch all Carbon Spitzer to compete. Show the video to Kyle, maybe he will want to convert the car to TD next year haha

You don't need a CF Spitzer to turn on win lights, but if someone wants one I know a guy...... Wink

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post