DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    God Bless Texas. No More Masks, 100% Open
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

God Bless Texas. No More Masks, 100% Open
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
To everyone freaking out over Gov. Abbott lifting the mask mandate and allowing Businesses to 100%, relax people. Remember he's a Republican; a conservative. He's not ordering you to take off your mask. He's giving you the freedom to choose to take off or keep the mask. He's not ordering businesses to open up 100%. He's giving businesses the freedom to decide for themselves to what extent they want to open. It's this little thing called "liberty." If you want to keep wearing the mask, keep wearing the mask. If you own a business and can survive at 30% capacity, and you want to stay at 30%, more power to you. If you’re afraid and want to stay home, stay home. The only thing the Governor did was give you back your liberty. Thank him and exercise your freedom.

I stole this from someone else but thought it was very fitting!

Posts: 2431 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
I'm in Austin right now and the population that can't think for themselves are throwing a fit because they don't know which government to listen too.

WOLVERINES!!!!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Big Steve,
That was about the easiest and best way to explain this entire debacle. It IS about personal LIBERTY. We should have the freedom to decide what road we take.
Well said, thanks.
Jok

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1219 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
nI heard that NC is one of those state that have mask mandate. I have noticed a lot of folks wearing one.

Lets look at this like football. Its what ever you call it when you pick new players and trade back and forth.

Texas? What would you need to trade governors? NC will give you Cooper and lets say all opf the democrats for one governor. Hey look how many you get for one. What you say?

We might even throw in few million under the table.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Wait. We are trying to deal with South Dakota. Hey smart Republican and hot. We will get back to you.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
To everyone freaking out over Gov. Abbott lifting the mask mandate and allowing Businesses to 100%, relax people. Remember he's a Republican; a conservative. He's not ordering you to take off your mask. He's giving you the freedom to choose to take off or keep the mask. He's not ordering businesses to open up 100%. He's giving businesses the freedom to decide for themselves to what extent they want to open. It's this little thing called "liberty." If you want to keep wearing the mask, keep wearing the mask. If you own a business and can survive at 30% capacity, and you want to stay at 30%, more power to you. If you’re afraid and want to stay home, stay home. The only thing the Governor did was give you back your liberty. Thank him and exercise your freedom.

Posts: 309 | Location: USA | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:

Like!

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4504 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Quick Dawg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Big Steve,
That was about the easiest and best way to explain this entire debacle. It IS about personal LIBERTY. We should have the freedom to decide what road we take.
Well said, thanks.
Jok

Jok, you are a reasonable person – Mask aren’t about personal freedom – It is about respect for other people. I don’t care if you choose to be reckless and not wear a mask, but you are in kind walking around with a gun pointed at other people. Without a mask you can KILL other people and even their whole families. Play Russian roulette by yourself, but when you point the gun at me, we have a problem. Mask and personal freedom arguments are just BS. (By the way, I do care, I hope you don’t get sick) Lots of people need to grow up and be responsible, but they choose to be macho and die, or worse kill their family members in the name of freedom.

Posts: 166 | Location: Salt Lake City | Registered: January 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Anyone not wearing a mask, is the equivalent of someone pointing a gun at you. LoL!

Preposterous!

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Quick Dawg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Anyone not wearing a mask, is the equivalent of someone pointing a gun at you. LoL!

Preposterous!

Really? Go breath in COVID and then tell me how preposterous it is in two weeks. You define preposterous with your own words.

Posts: 166 | Location: Salt Lake City | Registered: January 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Quick Dawg:
quote:

Preposterous!

Really? Go breath in COVID and then tell me how preposterous it is in two weeks. You define preposterous with your own words.

Your argument is, that your mask is useless. If the mask you're wearing is useless, why wear it?

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Everyone is entitled to their opinions and choices, if you choose to bring respect into perspective your going to be challenged.

Respect my freedom or stay home.

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Quick Dawg
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Preposterous!

You're argument is that your mask is useless. If the mask you're wearing is useless, why wear it?

Mike – Your no idiot – I have read your posts about racing and you have good cognitive abilities so I know you can grasp this. Point 1. Mask do protect you, but not 100% - Point 2. Wearing a mask reduces the amount the wearer can transmit, but not 100%. Less output, less chance of input. Nothing short or wearing a hazmat suite is perfect, so why not do something simple to protect both yourself and others. Having a dipper on your car is no guarantee you won’t lose control and hit the wall, but it sure does, and has helped, lots of people save their lives and cars. If you want to act like an idiot that’s fine, but why be something you aren’t.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Preposterous!

You're argument is that your mask is useless. If the mask you're wearing is useless, why wear it?

Mike – Your no idiot – I have read your posts about racing and you have good cognitive abilities so I know you can grasp this. Point 1. Mask do protect you, but not 100% - Point 2. Wearing a mask reduces the amount the wearer can transmit, but not 100%. Less output, less chance of input. Nothing short or wearing a hazmat suite is perfect, so why not do something simple to protect both yourself and others. Having a dipper on your car is no guarantee you won’t lose control and hit the wall, but it sure does, and has helped, lots of people save their lives and cars. If you want to act like an idiot that’s fine, but why be something you aren’t.

Do you have 100% proof of this face mask thing,or did you hear it on CNN?

And assuming you have 100% proof,do you feel as strongly about people texting while driving and other things that people do that really aren't safe?

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Quick Dawg
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Preposterous!

Do you have 100% proof of this face mask thing,or did you hear it on CNN?

And assuming you have 100% proof,do you feel as strongly about people texting while driving and other things that people do that really aren't safe?

Perhaps I spoke too soon regarding your cognitive abilities. Perhaps I mistook your replies for thoughtful instead of cute. Do you have 100% proof your air cleaner works or did Fox tell you air cleaners were fake parts? To answer your question, I do have concerns about people texting while driving. I had a kid almost take out my racing rig doing it. Racing isn’t safe is it, but I’ll bet you don’t drive without your helmet. Perhaps this thread helps me justify my NHRA dues. I am going to fist bump the next tech inspector hand when they go over my car for protecting me from racers with thought processes like yours.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
The problem with all this is the precedent being set.

People like you are enabling the government to remove God given rights.

I've looked at the statistics the government has provided and find the measures the government has taken as preposterous, while destroying millions of business's and lives.

This is a very dangerous precedent you're enabling, by complying to mandates.

It's a war on freedom, for freedom to survive, sacrifice is required, as it has always been.

If this government was on our side in this war, every man, women and child who has died practicing freedom, would be national heroes. Unfortunately it is the government who is propagating the stripping of God given rights.

Without God given rights, Freedom is impossible.

If you're afraid to practice freedom, stay home. Don't object to those of us who understand the stakes for freedom.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Without a mask you can KILL other people and even their whole families.

I sorry but that is STUPID! The inverse of that is, with a mask you can't kill others! Yes, I know you walked that back with some 100% talk. Without regard for the hazmat suit, what are the performance standards for the mandated mask? Seriously I'd like to know! You can wear ANY kind of mask, homemade, any number of commercial, a bandana circa cowboy and Indian days, a neck gator, it makes NO difference. The requirement is a mask without regard for any performance standards. Bottom line, YOU are responsible for YOUR health, not me, no one else. As stated, stay home and mask up and wash to your hearts content.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Quick Dawg
posted Hide Post
We do agree on one thing, “precedent is being set”. Are we confusing social responsibility with freedom? Perhaps – I don’t think God gave us our rights, the constitution did. Consider what the carnage might have been if COVID was allowed to run free without trying to contain it. We don’t know, but I will bet you a box of donuts it would have killed many more people and done more damage to the economy than by trying to do something to contain it. I have lost family members and body parts practicing freedom. That freedom gives you and me the ability to have a spirited conversation. Even though we do disagree, I would bet another box of donuts if it hit the fan, I wouldn’t have to worry about my six, you would have it. Enjoy your day Sir.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don’t think God gave us our rights, the constitution did. Consider what the carnage might have been if COVID was allowed to run free without trying to contain it.

Fair enough on the God rights, but I can assure you it's not the government that gives me my rights. Lets call them inalienable rights shall we? Covid was allowed to run free in some Scandinavian countries without your perceived doom.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post