DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    God Bless Texas. No More Masks, 100% Open
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

God Bless Texas. No More Masks, 100% Open
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Quick Dawg:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Perhaps I spoke too soon regarding your cognitive abilities. Perhaps I mistook your replies for thoughtful instead of cute. Do you have 100% proof your air cleaner works or did Fox tell you air cleaners were fake parts?

I think you were talking to the wrong person in that above post.
I was the one asking if you have 100% proof that face masks work.
Regarding the air cleaner comment,I tried this air cleaner top and my car lost .03 et in testing.
https://www.knfilters.com/universal/x-stream.htm

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
The constitution didn't give us our God given rights, the fact we as Americans are born in the likeness of God, gave us our God given rights.

Our first responsibility, social or otherwise, is to defend those rights with our lives if need be, because without, there is no path to Freedom which can't be taken away arbitrarily by man.

Enjoy your day as well sir.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I am required to wear a face mask at my job for 8 hours a day.
I am firmly convinced that doing this for a year has been bad for my lungs and overall health.
At some point,people have to realize that constantly wearing a piece of cloth over your mouth is not healthy.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
I am required to wear a face mask at my job for 8 hours a day.
I am firmly convinced that doing this for a year has been bad for my lungs and overall health.
At some point,people have to realize that constantly wearing a piece of cloth over your mouth is not healthy.

People wearing masks are suffering from tooth decay and gingivitis at twice the rate.

Call me crazy, but I wouldn't put on a mask just because the chain of obedience told me to.

There's a chain of obedience virus going around in this country, while the chain of command is being ignored (God given inalienable rights, the highest authority in the chain of command.)

I'd tell em to shove that mask up their azz, along with their mandatory scheduled inoculations.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
People wearing masks are suffering from tooth decay and gingivitis at twice the rate.

Let us not ignore the acute increase in sublingual yeast infections!!! Laughing very hard

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
We do agree on one thing, “precedent is being set”. Are we confusing social responsibility with freedom? Perhaps – I don’t think God gave us our rights, the constitution did. Consider what the carnage might have been if COVID was allowed to run free without trying to contain it. We don’t know, but I will bet you a box of donuts it would have killed many more people and done more damage to the economy than by trying to do something to contain it. I have lost family members and body parts practicing freedom. That freedom gives you and me the ability to have a spirited conversation. Even though we do disagree, I would bet another box of donuts if it hit the fan, I wouldn’t have to worry about my six, you would have it. Enjoy your day Sir.

First of all, responding to your statements that not masking is reckless: It's a common theory. Based upon beliefs and some experiences. But this has gone on for a long time all over the world. Certainly there is some sort of evidence that masks provide significant protection from Covid in particular for a population over not wearing a mask. Can you provide any of these studies or evidence?

Addressing the comment quoted above: You can make all the bets you want. But putting social responsibility over freedom......as an American, I find that notion particularly reckless and absurd. The ideas around social responsibility ebb and flow, and are greatly affected by who is in power. So does social responsibility mean you can't drive a car? Or only so many miles? Or only certain kinds? Can you only keep your house a certain temperature? Can we only have so many people living in our homes? Or visiting our homes, because of course the next deadly disease could be super spread at your home of course. Where does this end? It is a slippery slope that has no end for sure. So no! I do not support confuse social responsibility with freedoms, and I will not put the former above the latter. There is no saying more communistic than "for the greater good". How long before a mechanic, or a utility worker is considered "obsolete" by the powers that be "for the greater good"? That big truck you pull the race car to the track with? Obsolete. Race cars? Obsolete. In fact, if you have any interests that conflict with "the greater good", your freedoms can instantly be considered "obsolete". This is simply unAmerican. Would there have been more cases, maybe more deaths if freedoms weren't limited? Maybe. Probably. But communism has killed far more people than Covid ever will. We do not want to let it be what kills the greatest idea and the greatest nation there ever was. God help us if we are not stronger than that.
At some point, you need to let people make their own decisions and let them live with those decisions.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6406 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
This is the government survival rates. I posted these for months staight here, thinking sooner or later everyone would figure out they've been had.

Covid is no more deadly than the flu or cold.

quote:
Originally posted by n5ifi:

The US govt last week updated the survival rates (i.e., IF infected) for Covid19:
0-19 99.997%
20-49 99.98%
50-69 99.5%

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
All these years trying to cure the flu, who wouldve thought a useless face diaper was it?
The mask are useless!

Shane Carr

"Sugar Shane"

Posts: 119 | Location: No clue | Registered: March 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sugar Shane:
All these years trying to cure the flu, who wouldve thought a useless face diaper was it?
The mask are useless!

Shane Carr

Would you support mask mandates during flu season too?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6406 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I will NEVER support the mask.

"Sugar Shane"

Posts: 119 | Location: No clue | Registered: March 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow: Covid is no more deadly than the flu or cold.

Amen Brother !

Posts: 2459 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow: Covid is no more deadly than the flu or cold.

Amen Brother !

quote:
Originally posted by n5ifi:

The US govt last week updated the survival rates (i.e., IF infected) for Covid19:
0-19 99.997%
20-49 99.98%
50-69 99.5%

I can't imagine who the people are listening too, to run down and stand in line to get inoculated, the government survival stats above are the indicator, or should be the indicator to tell anyone it's a bad Idea.

I was listening to a guy today I follow, I was gonna put the video up for everyone in here to view, but YouTube has already taken it down. The reason they took it down is simple, because it would raise red flags for anyone considering getting on the inoculation schedule. After hearing what this man had to say I wouldn't suggest anyone taking this injection. This injection alters your DNA forever, there's a lot about it they don't tell people before taking this, because they don't have to, no matter what happens just after taking it, ten years or two weeks from taking it, you have no lawful recourse to sue the people producing these vaccinations, for damages.

Now they're talking about a digital passport, in other words you gotta take the injection to earn a passport, in order to buy and sell.

Sounds awfully familiar. F these Mofo's, they can kiss my azz.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:I can't imagine who the people are listening too,

The KOOL-AID that CNN, MSNBC, Fauci, other corrupt news media and the Democrats have been and continue serving up……. They keep drinking that stuff.

Posts: 2459 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
So where I work there is about 300 people there. Probably over 200 have got Covid including myself.

For me there was 2 days of mild fever and a few days of marginal diarrhea.

Out of all the people up there who got it one died, one was out for several months and is just now getting better. For him it may be months before he is back to semi normal. For the other 200+ it simply was no big deal and certainly not a Death Sentence. I do feel for the guy who died and he was a good guy but fact is the odds of survival and making a full recovery are very good. In the last year we have not lost any more people than we normally lose. Where I work average age is right around 60 and we lose a few every year to Cancer, heart attacks etc. This year lost one and it was due to Covid.

I refuse to hide in my house and never come out because of some silly disease with a a brutal 98% survival rate. With the vaccine or if you have had it then you have the anti-bodies and are less likely to get it again and they say if you do it will be even less severe than first time.

Back to Texas, dropping the mask mandate if you are scared you may still wear a mask it is your right. Dropping the mandate just means that we are given more freedom of choice. Many businesses can still require you to wear them in their place of business. I will not shop at any place that requires mask unless there is no other choice.

This is typical Democrat crap. Do as I say and not as I do. They have never acted like this for the Flu or anything else. It is all political. Yes, some have died from this but 98% fully recover quickly. Also America is rapidly reaching "Herd Immunity" with the 330 million people and 150 million have gotten it and almost 100 million have been vaccinated.

If you want something to go off about look at Dictator Biden releasing ILLEGAL ALIENS and putting them on buses across the Country. In ONE Texas city they were forced to release 108 ILLEGAL ALIENS who had tested positive for Corona and now spreading it across the Country. They literally tested positive and got on buses. 108 positive cases!

but you worried about Abbott dropping mask mandate? Wow!

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4011 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:I can't imagine who the people are listening too,

The KOOL-AID that CNN, MSNBC, Fauci, other corrupt news media and the Democrats have been and continue serving up……. They keep drinking that stuff.

They're definitely not bashful about telling whoppers!

For this, you definitely can't trust the media is speaking the truth anymore ... AT All, NONE.

DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
The democrats are heavily invested in the Pharmaceutical and mask companies. Probably all the republicans as well. Try to get a list of the investors of the single company that guesses on the flu vaccine every year. The main hold back to opening back up is the Teachers Union. Shows how powerful they are.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Lefties have been openly discussing hauling off Trump supporters to retraining camps.

Tell me, this isn't just like being IN an episode of the Twilight Zone!

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

Gpa

Posts: 8726 | Location: Blythe GA USA | Registered: January 31, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
You can smell a farrt through a mask so what good is the mask from stopping covid transmission.

Posts: 8 | Location: cheboygan | Registered: January 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sr4440
posted Hide Post
ok, I am a numbers guy, I want to be able to see results. With that being said, on Friday the the CDC released some numbers that give clarity on weather mask work or not. here's the numbers.
quote:
During March 1–December 31, 2020, state-issued mask mandates applied in 2,313 (73.6%) of the 3,142 U.S. counties. Mask mandates were associated with a 0.5 percentage point decrease (p = 0.02) in daily COVID-19 case growth rates 1–20 days after implementation and decreases of 1.1, 1.5, 1.7, and 1.8 percentage points 21–40, 41–60, 61–80, and 81–100 days, respectively, after implementation (p<0.01 for all) [Table 1) [Figure). Mask mandates were associated with a 0.7 percentage point decrease [p = 0.03) in daily COVID-19 death growth rates 1–20 days after implementation and decreases of 1.0, 1.4, 1.6, and 1.9 percentage points 21–40, 41–60, 61–80, and 81–100 days, respectively, after implementation [p<0.01 for all). Daily case and death growth rates before implementation of mask mandates were not statistically different from the reference period.

So the CDC says they don't work.
https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7010e3.htm

Joe

Without data, you’re just another guy with an opinion.

Posts: 1300 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post