Soft Drinks
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve:
quote:
I drink Mountain Dew.
With the right amount,I get good lights.With too much,I redlight.And with none at all,I'm dead late.

If I may, you are functioning under the influence of a caffeine drug. Probably not ideal, but your choice.

I drink it while it's still legal.I'm sure it will be banned at some point by the Democrats.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I gave up soda/pop/Coke 5 years ago, and don't miss it a lick. I was a heavy user, too. Mountain Dew would be in the cooler on race days.

I drink water 90% of the time, regular tap water. Race days now, I fill an old gallon plastic water jug the day before, so a lot of the chlorine dissipates. When I'm out, water with lemon, an occasional iced tea or lemonade.

Personally, I think diet stuff is worse for you than regular. It messes with your brain, your taste buds, your guts.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of 69dart
posted Hide Post
I mentioned to my heath coach that I have a diet mountain dew on occasion and she was straight up mortified. Normally she just says well thats fine - sometimes you can splurge but she straight up said diet soda is about the most horrible thing a human being can consume. She is from Canada and seems to have a much different take on food than most Americans. Its sad how unhealthy our country has become. Most of what I thought was healthy or heathyish growing up was flat wrong.

I still have mountain dew on occasion though.

None of the stores around here have much Gatorade or Powerade on the shelves lately.

Posts: 27 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I've never really drank soda, but I used La Croix carbonated flavored waters to stop drinking so much beer when working around the garage.

Seems like I just liked the cold carbonated beverage, rather than the alcohol. Its the same price as beer, so it won't save any money, but sure does feel a lot better the following day.

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of chasracer
posted Hide Post
I was a very heavy Coke drinker but over the last two years I have slowed it down to one a week and believe me that was a hard habit to bust.

I still indulge in sweet tea some but mostly drink filtered water. Race days, I mix one water bottle with Pedialyte mix and take shots of that throughout the day along with additional water.

Posts: 1135 | Location: The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?” ~~ Captain Jack Sparrow ~~ | Registered: August 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of KWig
posted Hide Post
Growing up at my dad's service stations, (remember those ?) I would get a quarter out of the till and drink a coke or something out of the machine, constantly. I regret that. Our county water was bad tasting. That had an effect on my getting gout at 25, and probably kidney issues(stones)and now I might have 1 or 2 soft drinks, a week. Coffee, bottled water or Beer, for me nowadays.

You have to put in the effort, to get anything out of it.

Posts: 736 | Location: Cumming Ga | Registered: January 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Im not supposed to drink dark fluids or eat dark green plants. Calcium Oxalate...big time stones. I tried Hint this weekend at Pomona. Water with a hint of flavor. Pretty good. Every once in a while I’ll do a sweet tea but thats it. Mostly water all day, no caffeine sodas or sugars. Yes it’s tough but I can’t do that stuff anymore. Makes a huge difference.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4504 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post