DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Diversity & Prayers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Diversity & Prayers
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
I have no first-hand knowledge of how or why the accident occurred, but the one thing which bothers me is that when things like this happen, I wish somehow it could be made known as to the why or how. This may give me some knowledge to go back and look at my own car or program to allow me to maybe see something I’m doing wrong.

Read more at: https://dragracingactiononline...3/diversity-prayers/

Posts: 154 | Location: Beaver Springs, PA | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Thank you. I have known this for years, drag racers only concern is the win light. The color we hate the most is RED!!!!!as in light.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I agree, I absolutely want to know exactly what happened and how in hopes we can prevent it from happening again. Sounds like someone is hinting it may have been his fault or that maybe he could have prevented it from having such a tragic end. Okay enlighten us. Save the next guy.

As for the Diversity two things. In drag racing work or what ever all I care about is how you perform your duties. The problem there is those who think they are owed something because they are Black or those who think they are special because they are white. Most of us are in the middle and care about what you do and how you treat others.

I did not like that Tiger Woods got more Sponsor money and endorsements than most everyone else COMBINED before he ever went pro simply because he was black. He did turn out to be one of greatest of all time and he probably ended up raising pay for others to.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4011 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
If aggressive braking at the stripe and/or improper use of safety gear contributed to the accident at Farmington, I don't see why it can't be discussed. I don't see it as an indictment of the driver. Lots of people do it - he is just the unfortunate one that got caught out.

I've learned LOTS of lessons in life the hard way. Fortunately for me, I (so far) have lived to tell about it in all cases. Doesn't make me better or wiser than others - just lucky.

Mike

Posts: 1563 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I 100% support looking into the cause of the fatality, not crit1quing his driving style, but what could have made the car or the safety equipment better so he might have survived.
Was it lack of protection from roof damage, harness failed, no roll bar padding and resulted in head trauma.
Can't fix the terrible event that took his life but if we can save 100 more lives the information would have real value.

Jok

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1219 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
Let's talk about diversity. I agree that drag racing has diversity. That said I get tired of professional drag racing constantly reminding me that certain drivers are female like that makes some difference. They don't do it about race, why do they make such a point about gender?

Posts: 1462 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eman:
Let's talk about diversity. I agree that drag racing has diversity. That said I get tired of professional drag racing constantly reminding me that certain drivers are female like that makes some difference. They don't do it about race, why do they make such a point about gender?

What is nice about drag racing is that men and woman can compete on an equal basis.
This is not happening anymore in a lot of other sports
I'm sure you heard about the guy breaking all of the NCAA women's swimming records?
I don't mind it if they bring up gender.At least it is one of the few remaining sports where women can compete on an equal basis.Swimming,weight lifting,football,basketball,etc would make it tough for a woman to compete with a man claiming to be a woman.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
quote:
Originally posted by Eman:

What is nice about drag racing is that men and woman can compete on an equal basis.
This is not happening anymore in a lot of other sports
I'm sure you heard about the guy breaking all of the NCAA women's swimming records?
I don't mind it if they bring up gender.At least it is one of the few remaining sports where women can compete on an equal basis.Swimming,weight lifting,football,basketball,etc would make it tough for a woman to compete with a man claiming to be a woman.

If they have the Y chromosome then no they cannot play women's sports. How fair is that to women who have competed all their life to get beat by a guy? WTH!

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4497 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post