Find
Notify
Tools

Skeet Peaco
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted
Norwalk announcer, traveling announcer, racer, and one of the finest humans I have ever met, Skeet Peaco passed away suddenly yesterday. I am heartbroken, for his wife Mary Jane, their kids, grandkids, my racing friends, my KRP family, which Skeet is a part of, as well as for myself.

Rest in peace, my friend. Thank you for everything, the stories, the talks, being there on one of the hardest days any track could go through. The few times I got to share mic time with you will always be favorite memories.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Skooter's post announcing his dad's passing:

To all friends:

It is mind numbing to me that I am writing to tell you all that my Dad passed away this morning of what we believe to be a heart attack. There was no lead up to this event, just a tick of the clock and he was gone. Exactly the way he always said he wanted to go out.

I lost my best friend, my racing and fishing partner and a great Dad, Grandpa and husband to my Mom. I'm thankful that we spent the amount of time together that we did while I was growing up and as an adult doing things together and being best friends and that he was a Dad that was active and completely involved with his family. A few more years would have been great but obviously 2020 really does suck.

I'm also thankful that all of you were in his life in one way or another. He was happiest when he was in the tower announcing your names or telling stories (sometimes about you) on the mic. He really missed this year's Halloween Classic which is usually when Uncle Sheamus came out to play and he could preside over token joke day.

Thankfully we got the race car back together this year and he got to run it at a few test & tunes before we put it away for the winter. He was really excited to get back in the drivers seat. He wanted to drive the race car around the neighborhood for some reason (I suspect for the story that would come out of it) so I may have to get that done on his behalf.

I know many of you reading this have lost a parent(s) but this is my first one. I'm not sure how to move forward or what happens next. He didn't want a service so this will be my opportunity to thank all of you on behalf of my Mom and sister for being a part of his life every weekend during racing season and giving him a lot of great memories (and stories) along the way.

Skooter

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
One year at the IHRA World Nationals at Norwalk, I was approached out of the blue by a jolly man who reached out and shook my hand saying, "Every time I go somewhere, I make it a point to meet someone famous."

I was somewhere between looking over my shoulder to see who he was talking to, or wondering if I should introduce him to Bill Bader, Sr. or Clay Millican as he continued, "I'm Skeet. Scooter's dad!"

I didn't have the words last night when I heard the news. I still don't. Not enough to do it any justice. Y'know, we are blessed with an incredible and incredibly huge extended family in the drag racing world. And this is how Skeet will be remembered, surrounded by FAMILY, holding court, and always entertaining with a bottomless supply of jokes and tall tales (some of them probably even true!)

I was blessed that day to meet someone famous. God Speed, God Bless, and rest in peace, my friend.

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5727 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mad Dog
posted Hide Post
Our sincerest sympathy and Prayers go out to the immediate family. God grant you all the strength needed to cope with your loss.

Going to be some big shoes to fill up in the tower on that mic. Our team has raced at countless races where Skeet has been the voice that directs us to the lanes, guides us through the race day, gives us a story and laugh. He will be missed by many.

God's speed...

Dan

DOES YOUR IDEOLOGY ALLOW YOU TO EQUITABLY APPLY STANDARDS OF ACCOUNTABILITY OR DOES IT PROMOTE THE PRACTICE OF HYPOCRISY?

Posts: 226 | Location: ... --- ... | Registered: November 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of willys1191
posted Hide Post
R.I.P. My Friend you will be missed.

Posts: 66 | Location: Enola, Pa | Registered: August 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post