Find
Notify
Tools

40 Grand Nationals
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Should they have raced on Monday?

Posts: 20 | Location: MI | Registered: September 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Yup...or saying with confidence seriously they should have raced on Saturday night! It DID NOT rain Saturday night!

1st time there for us...great facility...dont believe there is a nicer place in the country!

Bill Jr has a great place and would definitely return when possible. No refund for last 20k race and credit is strange at best when payment was required up front prior to arrival. I pay u up front and you issue credit when the race cant be completed due to poor decisions by the track...

SFG does the same s h I t...credits are BS if I was required pay in advance IMO. Refund at payout window not credit for a year later for SMP or up to a year for SFG

Good to meet you over the weekend Jimmy!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TORQIN,

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Should have finished the $40,000 Saturday night.

Ran the 20 on Sunday and completed Monday.

Refund should have been given not credit for next year.

Posts: 23 | Location: The Beach | Registered: September 26, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
It is a nice place, but that is the Bader Guarantee, read their flyers, any issue you run into it's FU

Posts: 22 | Location: ohio | Registered: August 15, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Hold the line guys.... the way I heard it you could use the credit towards next year’s race OR they would send you a check in the mail. Said they were going to email or mail everyone a survey on what you wanted to see done better for next year and the credit/refund would be part of that. Not too many tracks or promoters do that.

Yeah they should have continued Saturday night. One of our guys was sitting on the starting line when it was called off. It sounded to me they didn’t want to race all night with the start and stopping due to sprinkles and/or didn’t want to see a guy lose because the track was bad with that much money on the line. Sucks they didn’t get anymore racing in but at least we didn’t have people hitting the brakes too hard and wrecking on a damp track.

Yes we should have raced Monday. I’m just gonna leave that comment like that. YES

Great track and a stand up operation. They haven’t been in the big money bracket scene at this level and it showed a little. Tech, not separating door cars/dragster (I liked mixing it up) little stuff like that.

Kurt Harrington

Posts: 10 | Location: Muncie IN | Registered: September 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
We were also told a check would be sent.

SL...

Posts: 2100 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
I was told a check would be sent...I wont deny that...who likes hearing the check is in the mail?

Great track and will accommodate the survey...I personally hate having to pay up front...if I paid up front you pay me back up front when services not rendered for what ever reason...JMO

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Based on his long winded wrap up, it will automatically be used as a credit towards next year's race. However if you want a refund they will send a check.

Posts: 20 | Location: MI | Registered: September 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
They're offering a refund for 1/3 of the weekend entry price for a race day that was less than 1/3 of the weekend payout, AND the track lost Sunday's buybacks. People will complain about anything... SMH...

I'd already heard that they didn't race Monday because it hadn't been announced as a rain date, and that they plan to use Monday as an official, announced rain date for next year's event. So things didn't go perfectly this time. They are learning and adapting, as they always do.

If it hadn't been sold out, I was planning on going, and I will try to get in the event next year.

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5727 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
While I can agree people will complain about anything...money is money.

When its required to PAY up front why are we discussing credits and why should I have to wait on my money when you wouldn't wait till I got to the gate to pay.

Your opinions are valued Michael but you sure got me SMH on this one...I had 4 entries totaling $800.00. NOT small change to many. 1st of the year with SFG is was $2,400.00 in credits Roll Eyes

SMH

DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
Evan Bader is right in the middle of this thing. He called Friday to discuss a few things moving forward. In his own words "we don't know what we don't know. We will learn and get better".

That's impressive and I'd expect this race to be an "elite" go to event in the coming years. If you haven't been to this facility I guarantee it's as nice as ANY in the country and the operators WILL make it as good as any Big Bucks event in the country.

SL

Posts: 2100 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
I am confident Bader will make it right and it's the finest facility I have ever laid my eyes on.

But based on paying up front...I just notice the trend of someone offering credit when I had to pay when you say...then I get my money back when or how you say?

Was the greatest payout race top to bottom that I have ever attended and hope to see more like it. I would LOVE to come back but simply can not commit a year in advance.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
In my opinion, this is the best paying format in big bucks racing. I think a lot of promoters will begin using this format with small tweaks here and there. Great paying race & the promoters make a nice chunk of coin as well, everybody should be happy.
The only changes I think that they should change is to have 1 time trial on Friday and race, none on the other 2 days.

Posts: 1 | Location: TN | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
I would LOVE to come back but simply can not commit a year in advance.

So don't! They *offer* a payment plan. That doesn't mean you HAVE to use it. I didn't buy my No-Box Bonanza entry until just over a month ago. I didn't use their payment plan. If the 40K hadn't sold out, I'm sure you could've bought in the week of the race.

You keep bringing up "credits" and then in the next breath admit that they're sending refunds (again, which are greater than full value). No one said it was small change. People would be mad if they had to stand in line at customer service while they processed 425 refunds, too. I know: we've done it on a Sunday night before.

Call the track and discuss it with them.

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5727 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I’m glad we didn’t have to stand in line. Send me a check later I’m good with that. People gonna complain no matter what happens.

Yes Brandon... 1 time run the first day and let’s race the rest of the weekend. You should have seen the old days of the 10G Nats, 2 time runs the first day, 1 the next... and 200 more cars.

Kurt Harrington

Posts: 10 | Location: Muncie IN | Registered: September 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
I did at guest services...very friendly and just doing their job...

See ya at 42 this weekend...

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I went to this race and have been to many 10 grand nationals before. I will tell you I was very surprised. It seem very unorganized for Norwalk. I know on a weekly basis they have a ton of cars. I thought It would go a lot smoother with only 425. It is close for me and I am sure I will be back next year. I do agree planning this a year in advance is a problem for me but it sold out in the end if you needed to get rid of a spot. You cant beat Norwalk I know the Baders will do everything they can to make it better.

--------------------
Bob Payton
S/P, T/D, S/C, TOP
309Z, 393, 3093, 8X93

www.apdracing.com
www.diamondracecars.com
www.callies.com

Posts: 1988 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I thought with less cars it would go faster than in the past but was wrong there. I would have liked to have my money when I left but didn’t want to stand in line ( which there wasn’t one) but know that when I go back for nobox if I haven’t gotten it by then I will be able to get it that weekend.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mad Dog
posted Hide Post
Bill Bader Jr made the announcement on Sunday morning as to what they had planned for either a "credit" toward this event next year, OR, the option to request a "refund" check, there was no gray area regarding the racer's options. Bader went as far as announcing his personal cell phone number (more than once) to provide those with complaints. Again, NO gray area as to racer's options...

We will be back next year. Great format, great pay-out design, great facility, consistently well managed programs. I've been to tracks that struggle managing a race day with 150-200 entries, Norwalk is NOT this type of facility...

Think I'll use Jr's phone contact to congratulate them for an event format that I believe will become a templet for others to follow...

Hey Green1, It was great spending time with ya, see ya at 42...

Dan

Dan

DOES YOUR IDEOLOGY ALLOW YOU TO EQUITABLY APPLY STANDARDS OF ACCOUNTABILITY OR DOES IT PROMOTE THE PRACTICE OF HYPOCRISY?

Posts: 226 | Location: ... --- ... | Registered: November 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Grey area?

There was a ton of those grey areas this weekend from rain out Saturday night without rain to take my number while I ramble on and on...love the place and am sure Bader will make it right at his pace not mine.

Was it perfect? According to your post above...you think so. Inwould say other than the rain out on sat night and the "credit" at a later date it was a little scattered but not terrible. Bader is a smart guy and will adapt AND capitalize with corrections that we know they are willing to do.

No worries we all have different views...