Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XPS fan:
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":
I've committed to run the full PDRA series next year, guess I better break out the shoe polish.

Excellent choice for a challenge ..... good luck

I'll be spying ....... lotsa XPS at PDRA !

Cool

Great series, I've run a few in the last few years.........even won one!

It will be great to meet you.............. Big Grin

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Boucher Jr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XPS fan:
quote:
Originally posted by Boucher Jr:
Im with ya both on that one...

I expect to see more shrapnel in feb now that the shadows layin down .950 short times. Are you running a similar engine combo to Mills? Just curious if you get a weight break for the stock wheelbase vs his front end bein so stretched out

At Duck races there is a 50 lb weight break for stock wheelbase as well as a 50 lb penalty for a full blown Promod chassis. That Camaro could legally run a bit lighter (depending on turbo size) at Duck races but it's real Camaro roof & qtrs. and a few other parts ...... pretty hard to get light. They run a 520"BAE Hemi (not a PLR team car) and make all their own tuning calls, Tim, Tydo and the guys doing a great job this year.

Mills is a PLR team player, runs the Outlaw PLR AJ style Hemi 548" with the big turbos most of the time. If you look at his car carefully the front end is modified in front of the wheel opening, it retains stock wheelbase but extends the front so as not to need a "****** extender".

Stevie found a nice place in the rules where he can run a killer Roots blower and be at 2600 lbs.

I'm looking forward to attending Duck's Sweet 16 race in March with a customer's car built here in shop, also OEM roof & qtrs. stock wheelbase. The Sweet 16 pays $101,000 to winner only with NO SPLITTING Smile !!! I'm predicting rising temps during the day, and falling connecting rods at night.

Gotta get Bender some Radials on that thing.

Razz

Thats badass that yall are tuning that thing yourselves. Mills is getting away with one doin that from a downforce standpoint. I dont go watch races if im not in em but if lights out and that sweet sixteen deal didnt happen to be in the time of the year where i start panicking because i blew too much money on guns and shooting during the winter and didnt keep enough racin bread stashed away id be there...

Bender congrats on page 4 clapping

Posts: 236 | Location: Il. | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
LOL thanks!

2430 views, on the way to 2450, about just another BLOWN piperack!

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
who paint scheme was stolen from Bryan Keller.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Wow! Nice job Bender! That puppy’s runnin!

BP.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4497 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of W.A.O. 111
posted Hide Post
now take the car and get the cage widened so yer head will fit in it . lol . love the bad-ass cars close to home !

photo wao-painting-logo-1_zpse0a5ba9f.jpg

Posts: 338 | Location: chiefland fl. | Registered: March 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
who paint scheme was stolen from Bryan Keller.

LOL.

The stripes on the side of my car are almost identical (with the exception of the colors) to Bryan's former design, my logo and stripes on the top surface are completly different from what he had.

That being said, I contacted Bryan before "stealing" his design to ask him if it was OK to do something very similar to what was on his car at the time. He said, "No problem, I'm going to change mine very soon anyways". After mine was done, I sent him a picture of it, and he complemented me on it.

So, did I "steal" it, no. More like used with permission. Besides that I don't believe his car ever hit the track again with that design after mine was done.

But thanks for being so concerned about it.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by W.A.O. 111:
now take the car and get the cage widened so yer head will fit in it . lol . love the bad-ass cars close to home !

Not Funny Laughing Hard

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

DRR Pro
Picture of W.A.O. 111
posted Hide Post
ed schmed

photo wao-painting-logo-1_zpse0a5ba9f.jpg

Posts: 338 | Location: chiefland fl. | Registered: March 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Old SG
posted Hide Post
↓↓↓↓combo↓↓↓
272" Spitzer
Bednar Racing Engines 540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Big Shaft Powerglide
3.73@196

Congratulations
What an awesome year. Nothin but win lights. Undefeated, WOW.
3.73 @ 196. Class of your own Bender
You Da Man

Denny Johnson
I'd rather win than drive.
SG 559
TD 5595 2015 Mile High Champ
TD 559 2016 Mile High Champ
4.112 @ 174
6.372 @ 216 DA 8875

Posts: 492 | Location: Wheat Ridge, Co | Registered: November 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":
The stripes on the side of my car are almost identical (with the exception of the colors) to Bryan's former design, my logo and stripes on the top surface are completly different from what he had.

That being said, I contacted Bryan before "stealing" his design to ask him if it was OK to do something very similar to what was on his car at the time. He said, "No problem,

That's not what he told me yesterday.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Ed your car Looks like Chris Reynolds...except his looks better...

My new car looks just like every other Spitzer car with carbon body...looks fast sitting still!

The Bender has something most of us will never accomplish...undefeated! Beats Eds record of constantly defeated.

Purple Hippo Dance

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
This isn't about Chris Reynold's car or mine and you ain't defeated me and never will, you lack the car, the skill and are skeered!

That said, no one cares about your opinion. Chris's car is nice, mine is nicer, newer and I declined two offers this season to purchase it turnkey, one just a few weeks ago and both told me just tell them how much $. NahNahTounge

Now back to the guy that stole the paint scheme for his car from Bryan Keller.

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
YOU D I P S H I T you were defeated when u woke up this morning...

Your pile of s h I t is not as nice and slower to boot...why did your kids Jr look like Folks car anyway?

I got the cars, the skill and the time, DUMBazz Purple Hippo Dance

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Wrong

you ain't got shyt and your skeered! Spitting

Stop dragging other people into this and let's talk about your 2 two pieces of shyt. My car is not only newer, not only nicer but it's also quicker and faster. NahNahTounge

Now stop banging away on your keyboard, load up your piece of shyt and show up, otherwise STFU.

I'm easy to find every weekend. If I'm not at Numidia Dragway, I'm at an NHRA Divisional.

Now you've got no excuse.

Let me know when you're coming with your illegal rig so I can notify the PA State Police and Turnpike Authority.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Congratulations again Bender on an undefeated season. That is quite an accomplishment that few will ever achieve. And just to add, the car looks great with the new paint scheme.

Posts: 185 | Location: Indy | Registered: January 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I find it amazing Ed, that you talk chit about racing to a guy(TORQIN), that races at more events and against tougher competition in a month, than you do in a season! I know you like to get a rise on here from people, but some of the guys you are calling out on here, really makes you lose any credibility that you may have had. I haven't seen any of the results, but I am assuming that you took all the money at Huntsville last week?

Posts: 152 | Location: St.Louis | Registered: May 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
what I find amazing Clay is that you think you know based on what is posted here by one of the same few when infact you are CLUELESS with your assumptions.

But of course we all know that if you read it on the internet it must be true.

FYI, 1. I haven't called anyone out. 2. I face tougher competition every week than this moron faces in a season. 3. I couldn't care any less about you alleging that I will "lose any credibility" on a meaningless internet forum.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
And so even a thread about offering congratulations to The Bender on an amazing accomplishment has turned into.... never mind.

Congratulations, Bender. Any championship is an accomplishment, but never losing a single round?! Whoa. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
what I find amazing Clay is that you think you know based on what is posted here by one of the same few when infact you are CLUELESS with your assumptions.

But of course we all know that if you read it on the internet it must be true.

FYI, 1. I haven't called anyone out. 2. I face tougher competition every week than this moron faces in a season. 3. I couldn't care any less about you alleging that I will "lose any credibility" on a meaningless internet forum.

Well, I don't need to know anymore than what I have read on here. You are constantly talking crap to TORQIN about being a nobody, but he is actually someone who goes to many of the big races and does well. I have never met him, but I have seen enough results to know that guy is a very good racer! I will say that #2 was one of the funniest things I have read in a while! By the way, did you clean house at Huntsville last week?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Clay Tyler,

Posts: 152 | Location: St.Louis | Registered: May 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post