Find
Notify
Tools

“The Bender”
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Nick,
If you come through the Oregon South Coast around Coos Bay, dinner is on me.

Joe

Posts: 457 | Location: coquille,or | Registered: November 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Joe the trip is in a planning stage , but a free meal I’ll find a way....LOL

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2696 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
I found room for your tent Nick.

Posts: 1708 | Location: Portland,Oregon | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Now I will be able to sleep tonight Moe....

Posts: 2696 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J178RED:
Now I will be able to sleep tonight Moe....

Umm, that sounds kinda strange.....JS

Falling of chair laughing

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3094 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
I Think I should’ve worded that differently ....LOL

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J178RED:
I Think I should’ve worded that differently ....LOL

LOL......

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

Posts: 3094 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Looks like I am going to be spending a few days in the San Ramon area in October.

Have not been in that area in over 20 years. Is Livermore or Pleasanton OK areas to stay in?

Posts: 457 | Location: coquille,or | Registered: November 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
The 2019 PDRA season has come to a close and we were able to improve last year's 5th place finish with a 2nd this year in the championship points battle.

Overall it was a pretty darn good year, after struggling at the first race of the year and getting a DNQ we figured it all out at the second race with my first of three consecutive #1 qualifiers. Unfortunately at that second race the driver went red first round. Then we went to back to back final rounds at the next two races, but couldn't seal the deal at either. At the last race of the year we went #1 again and posted a new personal best ET and 60' of 3.69 and .916, We came into that race 1 1/2 rounds behind the leader but were unable to make that up.

I thank FTI performance for their continued support and awesome transmission and converter, they were spot on and trouble free all season again. To withstand pass after pass of 3.70 ET's all year without an issue speaks volumes about the quality of their products.

I'd also like to thank my main crewman Fred Nourse and Tim Westmoreland and Perry and Glenda Baker who filled in at the races Fred couldn't make. It would have been impossible to make all the races without their help.

The car has been awesome all year laying down very consistent 3.70-3.80 passes depending on conditions. Now to work on the drivers skills...……..

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
I heard Driver is very good , just some bad luck....

Dancing Cat

This message has been edited. Last edited by: J178RED,

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":
The 2019 PDRA season has come to a close and we were able to improve last year's 5th place finish with a 2nd this year in the championship points battle.

Overall it was a pretty darn good year, after struggling at the first race of the year and getting a DNQ we figured it all out at the second race with my first of three consecutive #1 qualifiers. Unfortunately at that second race the driver went red first round. Then we went to back to back final rounds at the next two races, but couldn't seal the deal at either. At the last race of the year we went #1 again and posted a new personal best ET and 60' of 3.69 and .916, We came into that race 1 1/2 rounds behind the leader but were unable to make that up.

I thank FTI performance for their continued support and awesome transmission and converter, they were spot on and trouble free all season again. To withstand pass after pass of 3.70 ET's all year without an issue speaks volumes about the quality of their products.

I'd also like to thank my main crewman Fred Nourse and Tim Westmoreland and Perry and Glenda Baker who filled in at the races Fred couldn't make. It would have been impossible to make all the races without their help.

The car has been awesome all year laying down very consistent 3.70-3.80 passes depending on conditions. Now to work on the drivers skills...……..

Nice job there Mr. Bender!
Not worthy

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4461 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Joe Burkleo:
Looks like I am going to be spending a few days in the San Ramon area in October.

Have not been in that area in over 20 years. Is Livermore or Pleasanton OK areas to stay in?

Yeah ur fine. Work related? I can pm u Jeff’s number he’s close by if u need anything. Or mine...

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4461 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stk 758 BP!:

Yeah ur fine. Work related? I can pm u Jeff’s number he’s close by if u need anything. Or mine...

Barry,
I just got back from down there yesterday. It was a conference in San Ramon. We were introducing some of our new products that we make for radio sites.

Went through Vacaville on the way home. It sure has grown since I was there last.

Thanks,
Joe

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Brian,
Congrats on another great year.

Joe

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Joe Burkleo:
quote:
Originally posted by stk 758 BP!:

Barry,
I just got back from down there yesterday. It was a conference in San Ramon. We were introducing some of our new products that we make for radio sites.

Went through Vacaville on the way home. It sure has grown since I was there last.

Thanks,
Joe

No prob Joe. Ive been gone and busy not looking at the site and tardy.. Yeah you went right by 505 Vaca Valley Parkway, I’m off Browns Valley Road. Did you see the fire?? 4 air tankers and two copters.. I was in pucker mode!! Too close!!

Raceless in California!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, it was a pretty good year......

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
HEY WHERE YOU ALL HIDING??

Dancing Cat

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
I found a big rock...……... Wink

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
the question of the day...did bender sell his operation yet?

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:
the question of the day...did bender sell his operation yet?

All just a front to confuse the competition.....

Posts: 2395 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post