Notify
Tools

“The Bender”
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
Barry load some cold one's buddy.

Posts: 1708 | Location: Portland,Oregon | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I’m 5 bass into it! Rhonda’s Wine is set up... All good here!!

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4498 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Well back to reality here...After shorts and sandals for 5 days..... Pants, socks and shoes suck! No more= Relaxing

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4498 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
I'm not even sure what reality really is anymore. HMMMM

Posts: 1708 | Location: Portland,Oregon | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
I’ll tell you about reality, after you retire you work more than you did before !!!

Didn't think of that

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
Barry said the same thing. Did you hear this Bender?

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Nick is 100% CORRECT.

I started out by going to half time, after a few months I was too busy to even do that, so I had to give up working altogether.

Now I swear I need to go back to work so I have somewhere to go that I can rest up at.

Posts: 457 | Location: coquille,or | Registered: November 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I don’t know how I got it all done when I was working! Now I work more for less but I am loving what I’m doing! Race engines, carbs, dyno as much as I want, property, remodeling and then there’s the ; hey, you’re retired , can you do this for me?? Laughing Hard sure , I’m not busy at all!

Raceless in California!

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J178RED:
I’ll tell you about reality, after you retire you work more than you did before !!!

Didn't think of that

Congrats Nick! When did you retire? Took me one year (or more) to get my head out of work mode..

Raceless in California!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Barry its kind of a strange story, I gave my owner 6 months notice and in January the very last day in quit going to work. I would fly from Tucson to LA every Tuesday morning at 5 am then work for 48 hours in 3.5 days and fly home every Friday around 3 in the afternoon... Did this since 2004 , but now I stay home and do all the buying, returns, and some customer service from Tucson. Still working with the staff by using daily texts, e-mails and phone calls. I can do this standing on my head as I been doing this job for 27 years, they are not even looking for my replacement.....

Now its all about making the house look someone lives here, I wish I had a place like Moe's. Wife said its time to do a completely remodel the kitchen and family room . This will include kicking out some walls putting in new doors and windows. The space is 16'X36'WOW....

It's so Hot Was 111 today....OUCH

HEADED TO FONTANA THIS THURSDAY!!!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: J178RED,

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I retired 19 years ago and like they say then the real work started---its not 9 till 5 or structured but its every day. Been trying to get rid of some stuff and hire help to do some of it. Have you tried to hire any day labor lately? Good luck with that. So today I'll adjust the deck on the lawn tractor and check oil and gas, install 3 sliding shelves in the pantry here in the new house, and service the Smart car. Thats before it gets to hot. Plenty to do every day. Do I miss work?, NEVER! Good luck Nick.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Fern, I have been reading your posts for years, and now I’m trying to follow your lead, sure wish we could meet sometime!

It's so Hot temp going for 113 today!!!

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Well Nick I passed through 6-7 years ago and IF things go as planned I'll be coming again. Got to see some BIG TREES in Northern CA before I die. Gone old train riding next I think. Who knows which way the wind blows.....

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Hard to stay out of the HEAT and get ready for Fontana Dancing Cat

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Well guys, the PDRA race at GALOT got cancelled by Dorian this weekend Super Angry

So it looks like I'll just go to Gainesville and run my street car Roll Eyes since I am already in "race mode"...………...

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
Well Nick I passed through 6-7 years ago and IF things go as planned I'll be coming again. Got to see some BIG TREES in Northern CA before I die. Gone old train riding next I think. Who knows which way the wind blows.....

Fern, I'm hoping you get to see the Redwoods in N.Cal. I was there a few years ago, awesome scenery for sure. If you can fit it in check out Crater Lake in Oregon too!

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
LWell that pretty much sucks! If you venture out this way holler!
BTW... looks like the “Young and Raceless” thread is catching you.
Sequoia Big Trees are truly amazing!!

Laughing Hard

Raceless in California!

DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
What no stop to see me? Full Moon

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
OK guys--been to Oregon, skied Mt Hood Wa in the summer, raced at Pamona years ago and went back to watch the same year I passed through Tucson. Been about everywhere but never saw the trees. He!! I worked in 23 countries and lots have never seen that many states----oh and right now I am 60m from Galot. Looks like the World Series at Rockingham has been cancelled also--50mi away....maybe I'll do some volunteer hurricane clean up if I get bored. I can always get on here and stir up some BS or keep some going----

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
I hope to take some time with the wife to see big trees , Oregon coast and all the into Canada....
Moe don't you worry we will come by the shop and your house . Just want to make sure you have room for our tent if we stay over night...LOL

Dancing Cat