DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    the addiction we all have.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

the addiction we all have.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
Had thought this weekend at 4 wide. Rough weekend with a good amount of troubles, upside is they led to fixing an ongoing issue.

We all know this drag racing is an addiction. There is a rehab for all addictions except this one. I have never heard of drag racer rehab.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4178 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Matrix
posted Hide Post
Aint lookin for one either lol

Daryl Pinder

Dynasty Motorsports
www.dynastymotorsports.com

Posts: 456 | Location: Ft. Washington, MD USA | Registered: March 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
Had thought this weekend at 4 wide. Rough weekend with a good amount of troubles, upside is they led to fixing an ongoing issue.

We all know this drag racing is an addiction. There is a rehab for all addictions except this one. I have never heard of drag racer rehab.

It helps to remind ourselves occasionally that this is, after all, only a hobby.

Posts: 606 | Location: Lakewood, Co. | Registered: January 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The addiction to drag racing is better for you than drinking or drugs though! Costs the same money, but keeps you healthy.....and if you get lucky you can get your money back Big Grin

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Never been lucky enough to get close on money back.

As for hobby.With me there is no such thing as just a hobby. It is either all in or nothing.Just need more to put in.LOL

Posts: 4178 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I like racing, but I like to do other things as well, but also, I choose seat time rather than speed. I'm happier the more laps I can make, rather than making each lap faster.

Posts: 287 | Location: Midwest  | Registered: January 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
I am on other side. I love tuning. I love challange of making a almost perfect run better.

Spent last weekend working my butt off on the A/fuel car. Get home and start designing parts to speed up mu clutch changing routine and give more time to work on tune-up with Lil brother. Studying runs we made and what made what work or in this weekend's case what caused the issue.

For me driving is just a way to prove tuning ideas worked out. Even when I had my TA/D I was same way.

Everybody who has been around me when racing wants to know why the heck I would even consider building a car to bracket race. Reason being leaving car alone is my weakest thing. I have to be working on it in some way.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
History has shown.....A crackhead will do anything for a fix - money, including taking credit for winning a race they were put back in, after losing in the semifinal, by track officials using a fantasy impossible story they can't repeat, because of video.

Never trust a Junky

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post