DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Anyone else see the 125-140k Mullis dragster for sale?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone else see the 125-140k Mullis dragster for sale?
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
125k with no paint, and 140k if you want it after paint!

Surely its a joke??

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Sae that one and another racetech listed for 125. I mean I guess everything has a price if someone is willing to pay it. I bought mine new rolling or 23,500 I can't imagine prices more than doubled in the last 10 years, much less went up over 5 times.

Posts: 66 | Location: Glen Burnie | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
You're right everything has its price.

When I was looking at it, and pricing everything out for reference. I can't see that car taking more than 75k-85k to build.

Must be getting a hefty assembly fee.

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Right now houses and cars in our area are selling for almost twice what they were worth 2 years ago. They are not worth that much and the bottom has to fall out. I guess if you are getting out now is a good time but like I said it will not last.

I was looking at a trailer about 18 months ago. $32,000 now very same trailer is $69,000. Did not pull the trigger on it when it was $32,000 because was building my house and at my age I am paying cash for everything. Was going to get the trailer when I finished house but now I will keep what I got. I think it is a false bubble and can not last. My opinion.

Yes, due to cost of lumber it costs much more to build my house than it did before. Still that does not justify the prices they are asking and GETTING!

Plus I am looking at future of drag racing in general and not sure how much of a future we have? You can not blame the guy for asking $125K and he may even get it but I would not pay it. Not in this economy and not with current administration and future.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3972 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
I get the impression that Glenn really doesn't want to sell it, but if you want a new top-shelf blower car that you can have in just a few weeks that is already assembled and sorted out, that's the price that will make it happen for you.

If you want to get in line (multiple lines, most likely) you could probably end up with the same car for less.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3148 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
We had one locally by a friend for those prices. It may have been a follow up post. He wasn't serious. But it was pretty funny.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6365 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Is there a substantial discount if you get two (or more) of them at a time? Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
While the price is high, I agree, there is also a price for a new car now instead of a waiting list

I’ve contacted a few builders about dragsters and about door cars. Most reputable builders are 1-2 years out from starting on your car

Most reputable dragster builders have been right around the 60K mark rolling for what all was on my list.

Mcamis and haas are charging north of 200K for a rolling chassis with a 2 year wait list.

Several other door car builders are around 150K for a rolling chassis and labor

These aren’t made up numbers, I’ve made calls. While we’ve all watched inflation take place, you should reprice some of these race car parts over the last couple of years

A set of rear wheels I ordered a year ago are 1,500 more a wheel now, and delayed for even being able to get them

Posts: 785 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by racerdude2054:
While the price is high, I agree, there is also a price for a new car now instead of a waiting list

I’ve contacted a few builders about dragsters and about door cars. Most reputable builders are 1-2 years out from starting on your car

Most reputable dragster builders have been right around the 60K mark rolling for what all was on my list.

Mcamis and haas are charging north of 200K for a rolling chassis with a 2 year wait list.

These aren’t made up numbers, I’ve made calls. While we’ve all watched inflation take place, you should reprice some of these race car parts over the last couple of years

A set of rear wheels I ordered a year ago are 1,500 more a wheel now, and delayed for even being able to get them

There is a huge difference in what it takes to build a door car vs a dragster.

Plus, a McAmis or Haas door car will be able to run many different classes such as Top Sportsman, Pro Mod, No Prep, Outlaw 10.5, RVW, etc.

Door cars also hold their value much better than a dragster of the same quality.

A blown dragster can either fast bracket race, or top dragster.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Holytown:
quote:
Originally posted by racerdude2054:

There is a huge difference in what it takes to build a door car vs a dragster.

Plus, a McAmis or Haas door car will be able to run many different classes such as Top Sportsman, Pro Mod, No Prep, Outlaw 10.5, RVW, etc.

Door cars also hold their value much better than a dragster of the same quality.

A blown dragster can either fast bracket race, or top dragster.

I don’t disagree with any of that. A lot more hours involved with a door car

As I said, most reputable dragster builders for my specs were close to 60K rolling

Posts: 785 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Looks like we need to start building dragsters. I have a friend that was a tig welder for a living, and recently retired.

He built a jig off of his existing name brand car. He then built 5 chassis in 2 months, and claims for what 1 bare chassis costs from said dealer, he built all 5.

That includes his material costs, but excludes his labor cost (since he did the work himself).

He said after he built the jig, and got through the first two, he figured he could build 1 per week.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Holytown:
Looks like we need to start building dragsters. I have a friend that was a tig welder for a living, and recently retired.

He built a jig off of his existing name brand car. He then built 5 chassis in 2 months, and claims for what 1 bare chassis costs from said dealer, he built all 5.

That includes his material costs, but excludes his labor cost (since he did the work himself).

He said after he built the jig, and got through the first two, he figured he could build 1 per week.

Like everything has the last couple of years, the cost of racing parts has also drastically increased. Electronics, wheels and an order from strange or MW will make you wanna cry. Again, not to mention how backed up weld and strange are right now

A builder I talked to just last week said that a 2-3 man experienced crew could build 6-8 dragsters a month, but the comfortable number was closer to 4 a month. Waiting list of nearly 2 years that would probably be longer due to part delays

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
Right now houses and cars in our area are selling for almost twice what they were worth 2 years ago. They are not worth that much and the bottom has to fall out. I guess if you are getting out now is a good time but like I said it will not last.

I was looking at a trailer about 18 months ago. $32,000 now very same trailer is $69,000. Did not pull the trigger on it when it was $32,000 because was building my house and at my age I am paying cash for everything. Was going to get the trailer when I finished house but now I will keep what I got. I think it is a false bubble and can not last. My opinion.

Yes, due to cost of lumber it costs much more to build my house than it did before. Still that does not justify the prices they are asking and GETTING!

Plus I am looking at future of drag racing in general and not sure how much of a future we have? You can not blame the guy for asking $125K and he may even get it but I would not pay it. Not in this economy and not with current administration and future.

Lumber is up dbl or tripple.One thing has not increased very much is payout for labor. Contractors fees are about the same because god help the contractor make more than 10% since everything else is higher in the world. In fact, most are taking a hit because of materials and having to drop that to 7 0r 8%. We have ahd to go to cost-plus because materials change weekly and our 6-month timeline is history no guaranteed finish dates with delays for materials.

Back to OP. I know molly tubing has dbl in past 2 years and aluminum is about there. Good news you old car might be close to half what you paid for it,some thing don't change.LOL

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4170 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
It is more than just that. Right now parts that have always been in stock are now 4 months out. That raises cost in ways to because you are not able to finish project, have to set it off jig or what ever, start on something else and come back to it when parts arrive.

So I understand costs increase some to build but I do not understand why people are paying almost double for houses and cars right now.

I still believe the bottom is going to fall out and when it does they will not even be worth what they were before prices went up.

Plus as I said before gas prices are way up, hotels, food and everything else the cost to race now nearly double and yet car count is down so payout will be going down. That makes me wonder about racing in the future in general.

It is one thing when you spend $250 a week to race for $1500. It is another if you have to spend $500 to race for $750. What if it gets to where it costs you $750 to race for $500? What you going to do then? That may not be too far out. Even at that unless the track gets lots of cars and or spectators they can not keep gates open. Lots of tracks have been closing in last few years.

Right now cars and houses are selling for more than they are worth but I will not be buying at those prices. It is a good time to sell right now. At least until bottom falls out........

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3972 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I think a lot of people are trying to buy anything with a loan right now, because they believe the low interest rates will compensate for the high prices.

What they're failing to understand is, when interest rates increase, it raises the monthly payment. Therefore, prices will fall, because people can't afford the high price.

I'd say there are a lot of people out there buying things they don't need, based on that.

Lots of people are going to be house poor in the coming year.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I wonder what the actual cost vs the price percentage increase of a product actually is. Shipping delays, availability notwithstanding. Not just in automotive but other areas also. For example, My home value in the last three years has increased 18.6%. My homeowners insurance premium has doubled. Agent says it is due to the increased value. 18.6% vs 100%, does not compute. I went shopping for another quote and the three I got were comparable to the current one. Another example is 2 years ago I paid $90 for a pail of pool chlorine, last year $120 for the same thing and this year I just had to pay $210. The manager says no shortage or supply problems, just greedy manufacturers since the chlorine plant blew up and they raised the prices, they never lowered them when things got back to normal.

Posts: 292 | Location: Nevada | Registered: February 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by qtrrcr:
I wonder what the actual cost vs the price percentage increase of a product actually is. Shipping delays, availability notwithstanding. Not just in automotive but other areas also. For example, My home value in the last three years has increased 18.6%. My homeowners insurance premium has doubled. Agent says it is due to the increased value. 18.6% vs 100%, does not compute. I went shopping for another quote and the three I got were comparable to the current one. Another example is 2 years ago I paid $90 for a pail of pool chlorine, last year $120 for the same thing and this year I just had to pay $210. The manager says no shortage or supply problems, just greedy manufacturers since the chlorine plant blew up and they raised the prices, they never lowered them when things got back to normal.

Thats exactly whats going to happen with gas and diesel prices.

They'll go back down. Diesel for example will probably go back to 4.50 eventually. People are going to be glad its not 6.00, but they will forget that it really should be 3.75 or so. It will remain higher than it should be.

Oil companies are getting their money back that they lost during Covid shutdowns. They will never lose money, never have and never will.

DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
These top notch new cars have been creeping up on price since 2020. I always say mine are covid cars and that they would increase 10-15% to build by this year. Pretty much on point from what I see. Can't wait to build new ones Roll Eyes

That being said, I'm trying to figure out how to price mine now. Crazy

SL...

Posts: 2100 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I'm going to have to keep my stuff forever!

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
There's a lot different theories for skyrocketing prices, inflation.

I listen to any theory but an official one (mainstream). You know the mainstream official story only serves the masterminds, like all official stories.

OBiden printed twice as many US dollars in his first few months, than have been printed by all previous presidents combined.

What happens is these dollars trickle down to main street through no / low interest loans (cheap money).

A lot of people believe this was done to destroy the dollar AKA Venezuela, Weimar Republic, Zimbabwe.

It appears to me they're trying to blow this Pig back up, according the easy money offers I recieve stacks of in the mail box everyday.... debt to infinity.

Others believe in taking every loan they can get, anticipating a debt jubilee when the shyt hits the fan.

Yet others believe, those taking loans now will lose everything they own, when the shyt hits the fan.

I tend to believe clown world will ignore all evidence the Titanic has struck an iceberg, and continue on printing to infinity. They can do it up until the rest of the world no longer holds US dollars and sanctions are no longer effective. That's also when WWIII will kick off.

All ya need is a 69 Nova on a 8" wide DOT street tire to rattle off 015 or better total wins, if you got skillz. Watch.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post