DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Anyone else see the 125-140k Mullis dragster for sale?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone else see the 125-140k Mullis dragster for sale?
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Holytown:
This is about as comparable as it gets!!!

Guess the motor in the one this thread is about is worth 85k!

https://www.facebook.com/group..._id=3198819607101427
easy 15k in missing items to make it all top shelf, it doesn't even have a logger. So it's more like 70k, then add 10k for trans and converter. And a 50k motor installed, ready to run. It's actually very comparably priced for what you get.

.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....
6.86 @ 198 trying for more......

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link

Posts: 1084 | Location: Nova Siri, Italy | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Why does everyone think a transmission and convertor costs so much money? Links below are for 2200 hp transmission, and the most expensive convertor on FTI's site right now.

Totals come in right under 7,000. BTE is even a little cheaper than that.

It'd be even cheaper if you just built the trans yourself.

https://ftiperformance.com/Pow...Bracket-55-BPG55.htm

https://ftiperformance.com/FTI...Converter-SPM105.htm

On top of that, you could build that motor for 20-25k in your own garage.

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why does everyone think a transmission and convertor costs so much money? Links below are for 2200 hp transmission, and the most expensive convertor on FTI's site right now.

And an overflow catch can. And a cooler. And a cooler fan/shroud. And lines and fittings. And fancy hardware to install. All of this in chrome or carbon of course because we are building a 'top shelf' car. I know that's not $3k, but it's the little $200-300 here and there items that add up quickly.

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 626 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
True

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
good deal on this top shelf Top Dragster

https://www.racingjunk.com/dra...agster-turnkey-.html

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I agree with that one Ed.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
quote:
This is about as comparable as it gets!!!

Guess the motor in the one this thread is about is worth 85k!

https://www.facebook.com/group..._id=3198819607101427

The whole point of this thread is that the 125-140K seemed high. If you think it is a good buy then feel free to jump on it. I do know some houses and cars etc are asking and some are getting way more than they are worth.

I will say it again the bottom is going to fall out and you want to buy when it is low and sell when prices are up.

That’s just being smart….which really has no place when talking about purchasing a six digit race car. But if ya want to be a baller, ya gots to spend the dough. I struggle to understand the economics of it even for those who plant themselves in the winners circle regularly in big money racing.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6390 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
You wanna know why ? Disposable income and desire. Some folks live in rented s h i tholes and others have nice homes they own , no different.

Posts: 1235 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

A) you're not building that motor even with $0 in labor for 20-25 with NEW parts.

B) the trans and converter you posted are not what it takes to run 6.20-6.40 blown top dragster. And even with again $0 in labor unless you have you're own CNC center and are going to make all the parts yourself, you're going to be in it 10k or more.

Billet bolt together converters are $2500 and up. Big output, big input, billet pump, etc etc is a 6,500-7000 deal. And more if you want it fancy.

What you posted links to are basic fast bracket car parts

.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....
6.86 @ 198 trying for more......

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link

Posts: 1084 | Location: Nova Siri, Italy | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
good deal on this top shelf Top Dragster

Is american really top shelf?? I find them to be very cookie cutter.
I would love to see someone with a gazillion dollars go to each builder in the country with an unlimited budget and see who would put together the most cutting edge piece.
The past 2 years i have seen 3 brand new cars that i was not impressed with..i feel they appeared rushed and fit and finish was off.Do they work? im sure they do but you could see some are just whipping em out because they are overwhelmed...

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Michael, I think it is. I know American has that reputation amongst racers who own other brands but there’s alot of them out there winning in all classes including T/D. They’re not an Undercover but I’d buy one.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Will Harrison:
quote:

A) you're not building that motor even with $0 in labor for 20-25 with NEW parts.

B) the trans and converter you posted are not what it takes to run 6.20-6.40 blown top dragster. And even with again $0 in labor unless you have you're own CNC center and are going to make all the parts yourself, you're going to be in it 10k or more.

Billet bolt together converters are $2500 and up. Big output, big input, billet pump, etc etc is a 6,500-7000 deal. And more if you want it fancy.

What you posted links to are basic fast bracket car parts

Hate to break it to you buddy, but I already built a motor like that. I'm waiting in line for the 250 blower like everyone else, so I know what it takes to build it.

The transmission I posted is good to 2200 HP. It takes roughly 1900-2000 to run 6.10 in a dragster.

Bolt together convertors are used when you choose to change the stators or turbines regularly to make the hit softer, harder, or more progressive. There is no specific need to have one other than that.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hate to break it to you buddy, but I already built a motor like that. I'm waiting in line for the 250 blower like everyone else, so I know what it takes to build it.

I dont think your going to run 6.10 with a 250 blower? Thats more of a touch faster bracket race set up if im not mistaken? but with these all run fields lately that may be all you need.

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:
quote:

I dont think your going to run 6.10 with a 250 blower? Thats more of a touch faster bracket race set up if im not mistaken? but with these all run fields lately that may be all you need.

Correct it will not run 6.10 with a 250 blower.

The HP/6.10 reference was to prove the point of 2200 hp glide being more than enough for what we're talking about in this thread

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Buy today, run 6.10 just about anywhere you go tomorrow. $79K turn key. No wait

Posts: 2416 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Steve, retiring or moving to another car?

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
So guy who owes A/Fuel car that I work on got heck of deal, Turn key car with extra parts and equipment for 80k, Then again its not a bracket car and only runs 5.30 @ 265. Then the one for sale does not cost near as much to run and you can run for more money.

Cars are like houses you can spend as much as you want and only limit is imagination and how much you can stand.

Bad thing is a good driver in well tuned car costing half can win just as much or more. Then nobody ever said racing made good sense money. Well except those winning a lot of it,LOL

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4182 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post