DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Anyone else see the 125-140k Mullis dragster for sale?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone else see the 125-140k Mullis dragster for sale?
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
He's a kid, talking out of his ass, same as before and Racetech wasn't even on his radar a year ago.

https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/foru...647017696#3647017696

https://www.facebook.com/vince.kaiser.3

Right now he's got nothing but a quote for a stage 1 car which is a very long way from a race ready, turnkey car no mind no comparison to the car being discussed in this thread.

LMAO that you had to look me up on facebook. Ed, you're a ****ing joke. But you're right, Racetech wasn't even on my radar last year. I was going to have Richie Crampton build me a copy of the Torrance undercover, but He got insanely busy building Salinas TA cars.

Posts: 24 | Location: Indianapolis  | Registered: March 31, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vince Kaiser:
Stage 1 Swing Arm Dragster $14,700.00
Dragster Hood Support $250.00
All Carbon Mono Wing $2,045.00
Swing Arm Rear Cover Panel Kit $150.00
Aluminum 7/8" Bore Master Cylinder $83.01
13' Throttle Cable and Hardware Kit $110.00
15' Killswitch Cable and Hardware Kit $135.00
Inside Killswitch control kit $90.00
Parachute Release Cable Kit w/ lever $92.00
LED Tail Light Chute Mount $54.95
Powder Coat $1,050.00
Powder Coat small parts/interior $350.00
Modular Seat Cover Sides $178.50
Wedge Seat Cover Back $170.00
3/8" Seat Cover Bottom $76.50
Seat Cover Velcro Kit $7.00
SFI Roll Bar Padding $98.95
Floor Skit Tape Kit $18.00
Carbon Floor Tunnel $495.00
RacePak IQ3 Dash Flush Mt. Kit $35.00
Fuel level light kit $180.00
Belly Pan Kit Carbon $300.00
Belly Pan Tab Kit $65.00
Laterial Limiter $165.00
Trans Cooler Mount Kit $90.00
Racing Trans Cooler $136.00
Trans Cooler Fan & Shroud kit $159.00
40 Spline Axles (Pair) $465.00
Gun Drilled $100.00
Axle Bearing and Lock ring $49.00
5/8"-18 Screw in Stud Kit $90.00
Third Member $1,925.00
Brake Kit (B1700WC2S) $995.00
Labor $340.00
Total $25,247.91

That's what it cost to build my new Racetech. Picking it up in August.

By my guestimation you'll be throwing another $17k at it to get it to the rolling state with no paint. Agree?

Posts: 146 | Location: Left of Center | Registered: February 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:

LMAO that you had to look me up on facebook. Ed, you're a ****ing joke. But you're right, Racetech wasn't even on my radar last year. I was going to have Richie Crampton build me a copy of the Torrance undercover, but He got insanely busy building Salinas TA cars.

of course I'm right and no kid you're a fucing joke that ain't raced S/C and my son looked you up last year

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
He's a kid, talking out of his ass, same as before and Racetech wasn't even on his radar a year ago.

https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/foru...647017696#3647017696

https://www.facebook.com/vince.kaiser.3

Right now he's got nothing but a quote for a stage 1 car which is a very long way from a race ready, turnkey car no mind no comparison to the car being discussed in this thread.

of course I'm right and no kid you're a fucing joke that ain't raced S/C and my son looked you up last year

Find me in the pits at the nationals this year and I can guarantee I'll make a joke out of you.

Posts: 24 | Location: Indianapolis  | Registered: March 31, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Kid, don't let your mouth write a check your ass can't cash! I'll be there and we'll be racing, I'm easy to find!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Kid, don't let your mouth write a check your ass can't cash! I'll be there and we'll be racing, I'm easy to find!

Can't wait. See you soon buddy Smile

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
we ain't buddies and what part of the TRUTH and the FACTS don't you like?

Your stage 1 racetech is no comparison to the car in question now nor when it's race ready!

That said, I wouldn't own a racetech, they have a long history of chassis failures, specifically broken uprights which means the engineering of their chassis is flawed.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Holytown:
I still don't see how that price can be rationalized Ed.

What's the difference between the 140k car with 6 runs on it and Oakley's 50 run 95k car?

Other than the obvious answer of a whopping 44 runs LOL!

It seems pretty obvious to me that the guy probably has $100k+ in the car but he threw a high number on it because he's not REALLY wanting to sell it but will let it go if someone who is heavy on cash but light on patience is willing to step up.

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 630 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Billy, I haven't seen the car nor know how it's equipped but based on this description..."new top-shelf blower car" he's got a whole lot more than $100k in the car.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Billy, I haven't seen the car nor know how it's equipped but based on this description..."new top-shelf blower car" he's got a whole lot more than $100k in the car.

No doubt.... the people who think the asking price is WAY off would probably be surprised at what it costs after all the bills are added up. His asking price is probably a bit optimistic but it seems pretty obvious from the tone of the add that it's not a fire sale but more for someone with deep pockets who doesn't want to wait. There is an ass for every seat.

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 630 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
exactly, it's very easy to get to $110K from any of the builders I previously mentioned for a new turnkey non carbon bodied dragster with all top shelf components aka Mark Williams, Racepak, Weld Deltas, etc. and a 582/598 short deck, wet sump bracket engine. A top shelf T/D car with a blower engine will easily add $20K to that number minimum.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Keyboard tough guys are out today, spreading more worthless dribble! Big Grin

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2549 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
An important point that many fail to grasp - cost really doesn't impact prices. Supply and demand impact prices. People are charging high prices because supplies are short, and there is lots of demand for scarce goods.

Mike

Posts: 1566 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
This is about as comparable as it gets!!!

Guess the motor in the one this thread is about is worth 85k!

https://www.facebook.com/group..._id=3198819607101427

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:

Not a bad deal there at all in todays wild market, can’t argue that

Posts: 794 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
A lot of money in the economy in the last 6-12 months. It’ll adjust just like it did 12 years ago. People will be really quiet about what they are proud about now.

Posts: 290 | Location: Midwest  | Registered: January 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
The ones that growl and bytch over what someone prices items for are the exact ones that ain't buying shyt and just want to poor mouth.

Posts: 1240 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
this^^^

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:

The whole point of this thread is that the 125-140K seemed high. If you think it is a good buy then feel free to jump on it. I do know some houses and cars etc are asking and some are getting way more than they are worth.

I will say it again the bottom is going to fall out and you want to buy when it is low and sell when prices are up.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4016 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:

"it's just paint" as I was once told. Strip that away from this car and it's a run of the mill, nothing special dragster and the way I read this classified, the $55k is the roller price.