DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Anyone else see the 125-140k Mullis dragster for sale?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone else see the 125-140k Mullis dragster for sale?
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
None of this is new, we're still the best horse in the glue factory.

Printing to infinity started the day cheney said deficits don't matter.

2003 they installed instruments in place of fundamentals for globalism.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
You wanna see hyperinflation?

I received one of these last Tuesday JEGS price.

899.99 this week

WOW!

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
i recently spoke directly with a very well known midwest door car builder and this came directly out of his mouth to me. 1. COST ... a full payment of the estimate will be paid upfront and any price increases will be added along the way and have to be paid on demand. 2. BUILD TIME ... we are booked over 1 1/2 years but most likely 2 years plus on starting. 3. i really do not care if you want one built or not and i actually would prefer not but if you are certain this is what you can agree to i will be glad to set it up. nice huh .... lol...

Posts: 1240 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
If the buyer were smart he'd counter with paying in Gold, and bypass inflationary swings.

If I sold my Nova for 100k, I'd want 75% in gold.

Uh Oh, there's another problem for USD.

Anyone got any Gold? It has 8" wide DOT street tires LoL!

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:

899.99 this week

WOW!

Its still $696.59 at Jegs just like it was last week. Jegs and Summit can differ you know. Try comparing apples to apples, not apple's to baseballs...

Posts: 122 | Location: Over here | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jonesz:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:

899.99 this week

WOW!

Its still $696.59 at Jegs just like it was last week. Jegs and Summit can differ you know. Try comparing apples to apples, not apple's to baseballs...

Posts: 122 | Location: Over here | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by qtrrcr:
I wonder what the actual cost vs the price percentage increase of a product actually is. Shipping delays, availability notwithstanding. Not just in automotive but other areas also. For example, My home value in the last three years has increased 18.6%. My homeowners insurance premium has doubled. Agent says it is due to the increased value. 18.6% vs 100%, does not compute. I went shopping for another quote and the three I got were comparable to the current one. Another example is 2 years ago I paid $90 for a pail of pool chlorine, last year $120 for the same thing and this year I just had to pay $210. The manager says no shortage or supply problems, just greedy manufacturers since the chlorine plant blew up and they raised the prices, they never lowered them when things got back to normal.

So the Chlorine went from $90 to $210 for same thing and Dictator Biden and ****t@ster Kamala going to tell us Inflation is 8.5%? Those numbers sure do not add up.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4017 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
A set of deltas was 6300 with tax and shipping a year and a half ago. Right now with taxes and shipping they are right at 9000. Over a 40% increase in cost

I know the Mullis cost is crazy getting back
to the OP, but let’s look at it.

Rolling chassis loaded out: carbon fiber, wing, deltas, race pak and sensors: 60K

The 632 aluminum block sniper motor with blower is probably 45-50K

Transmission, convertor, headers… for simple math let’s call it 10K

All of a sudden there is 120K there. Now what’s it worth to not wait 2 years?

Posts: 794 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by racerdude2054:

Rolling chassis loaded out: carbon fiber, wing, deltas, race pak and sensors: 60K

$70k minimum

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
quote:
Originally posted by racerdude2054:

$70k minimum

Mine didn’t include paint, not sure if yours did

Regardless, I don’t think people realize how much the price of cars has increased in the last 2 years to build

Posts: 794 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I have a second question then.

Lets say all of the prices add up to where 125-140 is a reasonable price for a brand new car.

What is the argument against getting a used say 2020 Mullis rather than the new car? Seems like you see them turn key all day long for 40-60k, with equivalent equipment.

What's the difference other than the new car smell?

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Holytown:
I have a second question then.

Lets say all of the prices add up to where 125-140 is a reasonable price for a brand new car.

What is the argument against getting a used say 2020 Mullis rather than the new car? Seems like you see them turn key all day long for 40-60k, with equivalent equipment.

What's the difference other than the new car smell?

Zero difference other than new smell and no runs, but most cars I’ve seen rolling built from 2019-2020 are around your turn key price. I’m not saying it’s wrong, just that I’m not seeing 1-2 year old dragsters turn key for 40K

^2021 Miller turn key 95K

^ 21 race tech 53K rolling with trans

^ 2012 American. 33K rolling, 36K with deltas, 42K with trans and headers

This message has been edited. Last edited by: racerdude2054,

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The 2021 racetech seems pretty comparable and half price.

Anything with a Pro Charger will usually be 10-12k more than a blower just because of the Pro Charger cost. So you can figure the 2021 Miller would be roughly 84k with the 250 blower. Also, you're not gonna go 3.60's with a 250 blower period.

Still seems like the Mullis in question is insanely high to me.

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Buddy of mine had a 2021 Racetek built with all the whistles. 50 K rolling in 2021.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of pentastarrail
posted Hide Post
You need to remember, people are LOADED WITH CASH right now from getting the FREE BIDEN BUCKS and not doing anything for 2 years.
Look at the airports being PACKED.
These are NOT business travelers.
Rental cars are CRAZY and that's IF you can get one.

If people are paying these prices that is what the items are worth, PERIOD.
I called several well known dragster builders this spring, they were all within a few thousand of each other, BASE PRICE for a roller with NO FRILLS, NO PAINT was $65,000. Add a RacePak, wheels, tires, MSD Grid, wiring, paint, cooling, your over $100k EASY AND with over a year wait time.
So morale of the story is if you want to race NOW it will cost you.

These prices will NOT go down.
Kind of like taxes.
I just got our 2022 vehicle tax bills. Just the value of my 2002 car trailer went up over $10,000 from 2021. It was valued at $2000 in 2021, now in 2022 it is valued at $12,000. My whole tax bill increased $43,000 from last year just for vehicles.
My neighbors 2020 truck tax increased over $19,000 from last year.

Try to contact a house builder and ask him for a firm price and to have the house done in a year.
They will laugh at you.
That's why house prices are so HIGH, there is NO INVENTORY, you can't build a new house right now.
They are here to stay.

Man was not built to fly ... That's why he built HEMI's

Frank Zeffiro
ALIAS -- BIG KAHUNA

Posts: 955 | Location: Winchester, Connecticut | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pentastarrail:
You need to remember, people are LOADED WITH CASH right now from getting the FREE BIDEN BUCKS and not doing anything for 2 years.
Look at the airports being PACKED.
These are NOT business travelers.
Rental cars are CRAZY and that's IF you can get one.

If people are paying these prices that is what the items are worth, PERIOD.
I called several well known dragster builders this spring, they were all within a few thousand of each other, BASE PRICE for a roller with NO FRILLS, NO PAINT was $65,000. Add a RacePak, wheels, tires, MSD Grid, wiring, paint, cooling, your over $100k EASY AND with over a year wait time.
So morale of the story is if you want to race NOW it will cost you.

Kind of like taxes.
I just got our 2022 vehicle tax bills. Just the value of my 2002 car trailer went up over $10,000 from 2021. It was valued at $2000 in 2021, now in 2022 it is valued at $12,000. My whole tax bill increased $43,000 from last year just for vehicles.
My neighbors 2020 truck tax increased over $19,000 from last year.

Try to contact a house builder and ask him for a firm price and to have the house done in a year.
They will laugh at you.
That's why house prices are so HIGH, there is NO INVENTORY, you can't build a new house right now.
They are here to stay.

Purchased a trailer in 2020, it’s 25-35% more now for the same trailer

My father builds houses. The cost to build from 2019 to now has increased roughly 25 percent. The cost to build over the last 10 years is nearly double. This is just the cost for the house, the cost of land has nearly doubled it seems.

DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
So much depends on the build. Does it have dual caliper brakes? Are they Stainless? What wheels? What engine combo? What headers? Nitrous? Air compressor? Trans cooling system? It just goes on and on! And you may say I don't need that stuff... but if it's on the car, you gotta count it.... period.

You almost need to do comp adjustments, like on home sales, plus this, minus that, etc.

I bought a used Tritoon boat 4 years ago. Sold it for $10k more than that last fall all because new and used prices went up. It's basically the same for cars and trailers.

SL...

Posts: 2111 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Holytown:
125k with no paint, and 140k if you want it after paint!

Surely its a joke??

How about a 1970 442 W30 convertible for $282,500?

That dragster is cheap.

https://www.classicarnews.com/...llector-car-auction/

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Inheritances are driving the muscle car market. 50-60 something year olds who had friends with hot rods in high school, who always wanted one.

Finishing up one now for a 70 Chevelle SS. Intake goes out for porting Monday.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Old school music and old money have the muscle car market rock'n!

Muscle cars the new Harley Davidson's