DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Accutime Gives Seal of Approval for Upcoming September Slam
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Accutime Gives Seal of Approval for Upcoming September Slam
 Login/Join

DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted
After recent concerns at Dragway 42 the staff from Ace Ohio Events commissioned Rusty Crawford and Accutime Timing Systems to give the complete system a good check over and verify everything is calibrated and working properly for the upcoming Summit September Slam.

“Rusty flew in this past weekend and Marco and I spent 8 hours with him at the track checking and double checking everything from the photocells, to the calibration and all the electrical connection on the timing system itself including the software and equipment in the tower. Rusty gave us his seal of approval once the day’s work was done and let us know we were 100% good to go.” Stated Travis Colangelo from ACE Ohio Events.

“We would like to thank Rusty Crawford and Ron Matchum along with Brandon Mass of Mass Traction who applied the “all new” flat black paint to the starting line area for all their help in making sure everything is perfect for our racers next week” said Travis. “We are very excited about our upcoming Summit September Slam and our 2nd American Race Cars Dream Shootout which is a free race for a dragster for any entered racer who has an American Race Cars’ built dragster.”

Entries are still available for the upcoming event for a low $495 weekend entry for the 3 Guaranteed $20,000 to win races. Contact Jacob Elrod at 419-303-9020, Marco Abruzzi at 330-608-3322 or Travis Colangelo at 440-935-1834 to enter.

Posts: 2100 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I commend ACE Ohio Events for spending the time and money to fix the timing System at Dragway 42 prior to their event last weekend.

Although one lane was still favored over the other, both were equal in RT. I ran the minority lane all weekend and it was perfect.

Posts: 2448 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
In the June race the left lane was favored so I ran the right lane which turned out to be the favored lane, go figure.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
That is a pretty impressive thing for a promoter to do. I suspect it wasn't cheap, either. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1230 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mad Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
Although one lane was still favored over the other, both were equal in RT. I ran the minority lane all weekend and it was perfect.

I noticed the majority of dragsters favored the left lane and door cars favored the right.

This was very evident during the Saturday gambler's race. A very high number of pairings were dragster left lane, door car right.

During Friday's "American Race Cars Race" the lanes seemed even for us.
3rd round:Left lane 1.087/60ft, 3.095/330ft, 4.824@141.3
4th round:Right lane 1.087/60ft, 3.096/330ft, 4.825@141.5
Those runs were 45 minutes apart, they were pretty close for us. We made ten passes between the two races we were in Friday but only ran the right lane once though...

Dan

Dan

DOES YOUR IDEOLOGY ALLOW YOU TO EQUITABLY APPLY STANDARDS OF ACCOUNTABILITY OR DOES IT PROMOTE THE PRACTICE OF HYPOCRISY?

Posts: 226 | Location: ... --- ... | Registered: November 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mad Dog:
I noticed the majority of dragsters favored the left lane and door cars favored the right.

This was very evident during the Saturday gambler's race. A very high number of pairings were dragster left lane, door car right.

I agree with what you posted the entire weekend. I being in a door car was going Left against the door car majority, and saw the opposite with the dragster field when the lanes were running out.

Posts: 2448 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post