Bracket Talk
Night Vision

This topic can be found at:
https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/75460652/m/6197099296

March 31, 2020, 12:20 PM
Bucky
Night Vision
I have wanted something for managing coyotes at night for some time. Years ago anything decent was simply not in my budget. But technology tends to get cheaper with age.

Anything entry level that is usable?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
March 31, 2020, 05:33 PM
Curly1
If you are on Facebook there are several pages for coyote hunting and night vision.
As for night vision seems like you have two kinds of people. One buys something and thinks it is great but really does not have any experience with any of the others.
There are a few people buy the most expensive stuff made (which is often HEAVY) and claims everything else is junk.

I am like you the prices have come down some and would like to have good night vision for one of my guns. We have feral hogs out at my place in the Country. When I build my house there going to put a shooting bench on upper balcony. The deer and the Turkey will be safe but Coyotes and hogs..........

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion
March 31, 2020, 08:34 PM
Bucky
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
If you are on Facebook there are several pages for coyote hunting and night vision.
As for night vision seems like you have two kinds of people. One buys something and thinks it is great but really does not have any experience with any of the others.
There are a few people buy the most expensive stuff made (which is often HEAVY) and claims everything else is junk.

I am like you the prices have come down some and would like to have good night vision for one of my guns. We have feral hogs out at my place in the Country. When I build my house there going to put a shooting bench on upper balcony. The deer and the Turkey will be safe but Coyotes and hogs..........

It's crazy, I hear the coyotes nightly. I have had three total sighting during daylight in 10 years. Two shots off and one kill. Neighbor has a trail cam that alerts his phone via text. He slides the window open, gets the muzzle out and uses night vision to get them. I think he has 20 in the last 12 months.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
March 31, 2020, 08:46 PM
67TSCHEVY2
I bought a ATN thermal https://www.atncorp.com/thermal-scope-thor-lt-4-8x , it is far from the fanciest but I needed close range and it works well inside of 75 yards or so . The thermal ones are far ahead of night vision .
March 31, 2020, 09:39 PM
wideopen231
One friend has a scope that use thermal cost 7000,Another has one more inline with night vision.His also has auto range adjustments for his rounds and cost was 1700.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.
April 01, 2020, 08:04 AM
Bucky
I'm not interested in either of those price levels.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
April 01, 2020, 10:28 AM
seabass
You can get a decent ATNfor 500, just need to upgrade the IR light, i would get a external battery as well. Worst part is mounting it all and the added weight to the gun. I have a thermal as well that is much easier, but more expensive

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi
April 01, 2020, 10:47 AM
Bucky
quote:
Originally posted by seabass:
You can get a decent ATNfor 500, just need to upgrade the IR light, i would get a external battery as well. Worst part is mounting it all and the added weight to the gun. I have a thermal as well that is much easier, but more expensive

I wondered about the weight. Plus, if you grab the gun during daylight, the screen is probably in the way?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo