NHRA is dying
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Big Steve knows!!

clapping

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Big Steve does know but he also knows what we do is dying and the car counts in St. Louis doesn’t surprise me.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
This has been the poorest run race I have seen. When you have 800 cars you don’t give us two time hits on Thursday. They have been behind ever since. Should have one and done and the second race should have been no time run and the qualified classes should have all run random pairings. Who ever is running this should be fired. They act like they have all the time in the world.

ep

Posts: 757 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The second time hit should have been 1st round for first race. Then the time hit this morning should have been 1st round second race. Have of these people could be on the way home. It is taking close to 8 hours to do a rotation. Do the math on two time hits.

ep

Posts: 757 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Not to mention they have alcohol track killers and do 30 to 45 minutes of track prep for them ever time they come up.

ep

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pauley:
This has been the poorest run race I have seen. When you have 800 cars you don’t give us two time hits on Thursday. They have been behind ever since. Should have one and done and the second race should have been no time run and the qualified classes should have all run random pairings. Who ever is running this should be fired. They act like they have all the time in the world.

ep

I kind of agree with you,fortunately they had a pretty productive day today.I kind of would have liked to see the all run field in Stock Eliminator. I qualified for both races,but really feel bad for those that didn't qualify.The second race was a one shot deal to qualify,and more than a few had a bad run and didn't make it.I ended up being 111 out of 128 in the second race with a career best effort.
It's been a pretty cool event to be a part of.This might be a history making event.Has there ever been a larger car count at a Divisional race?Maybe Vegas I guess. If there was any rain,this race would have been a total fiasco.Racing at night in cool temperatures is also something that I'm sure a lot of entrants don't prefer.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
We had a really good day today to mostly get it back on-schedule. Friday night I didn’t see how they would finish by the end of Sunday, but now I think they will.

I don’t know how many people showed up for race #2, but if any did they should get at least one time run.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3151 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Complain, complain, complain, complain.

I saw a bunch of it at SGMP this weekend. Packed house, perfect weather, perfect track prep, perfect restrooms, perfect everything. NHRA officials were even down to earth. I didn't have a NHRA number when I got there, that took 8 minutes to fix, no hassle.

There's always a few who complain, complain, complain, no matter how good they got it.

Orlando supplied us with a pro chef who did all the cooking, paid everyone from Team Orlando way into the race, and supplied us all with Pro Team Orlando shirts.

I wasn't complaining, smoothest run race I've ever entered, and we ate like Kings. NHRA had their shyt together too, no doubt.

Great job NHRA and Orlando ownership group!... Kudos

It definitely beat eating ze bugs. When that comes to pass, people will realize how good they had it.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
quote:

ep

I kind of agree with you,fortunately they had a pretty productive day today.I kind of would have liked to see the all run field in Stock Eliminator. I qualified for both races,but really feel bad for those that didn't qualify.The second race was a one shot deal to qualify,and more than a few had a bad run and didn't make it.I ended up being 111 out of 128 in the second race with a career best effort.
It's been a pretty cool event to be a part of.This might be a history making event.Has there ever been a larger car count at a Divisional race?Maybe Vegas I guess. If there was any rain,this race would have been a total fiasco.Racing at night in cool temperatures is also something that I'm sure a lot of entrants don't prefer.

The fall race in Vegas, brings around 1k in entrant's. I think the record was 1,200+ one year.

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2521 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
quote:

ep

The fall race in Vegas, brings around 1k in entrant's. I think the record was 1,200+ one year.

Yea,but is it a double race?

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
No

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2521 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
We decided not to run the second race and left. It wasn’t the best ran race I agree but fun anyway, always hard to slow these cars down in that weather… I finally. Had mine close when I screwed up the finish line and lost in the third round … Two Thumbs down

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1515 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
Complain, complain, complain, complain.

I saw a bunch of it at SGMP this weekend. Packed house, perfect weather, perfect track prep, perfect restrooms, perfect everything. NHRA officials were even down to earth. I didn't have a NHRA number when I got there, that took 8 minutes to fix, no hassle.

There's always a few who complain, complain, complain, no matter how good they got it.

Orlando supplied us with a pro chef who did all the cooking, paid everyone from Team Orlando way into the race, and supplied us all with Pro Team Orlando shirts.

I wasn't complaining, smoothest run race I've ever entered, and we ate like Kings. NHRA had their shyt together too, no doubt.

Great job NHRA and Orlando ownership group!... Kudos

It definitely beat eating ze bugs. When that comes to pass, people will realize how good they had it.

I am not talking about a race I am not at. I am talking about a race you are not at. Maybe your race director should be here and this one should be there.

ep

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I've been watching since yesterday and they do screw around alot. Even the announcer said " these .90 racers have had too many shots at the track".

Posts: 329 | Location: observing the mayhem | Registered: December 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Ya gotta make a choice, ya wanna be a racer or race director.

Keep in mind when / if you do ever become an official race director, your approach is gonna be ridiculed by other un-official race directors, entered in the race.

I didn't comment on what I disagreed with, it ain't my job, my job was to make it to the lanes when my class was called, and not hold up the race.

(Optics)

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post