New
Find
Notify
Tools

NHRA is dying
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
People prefer the status quo official story, that says there's no car culture because young people aren't into cars.

It's easier than admitting their countries economy was offshored to china, right out from under their noses, in broad daylight.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
You’re fucing clueless!

This is the TRUTH and the FACTS…

quote:
Originally posted by 67 Goat:
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Wrong it is absolutely dying and has been for a long time. Not the White House fault, not NHRA fault rather a change in culture, specifically we no longer have a car culture in this country, Americans, specifically young men are no longer in love with their cars and without that there is no drag racing, no spectators.

Pretty much how it is in a nutshell. Worked with my dad since I was 20 years old, 46 now and he's retired. We used to constantly do performance mods on cars left and right. Now the average 25-30 year old dude walks in here in his pajamas and has his mom pay for his brakes and oil change and doesn't lift his head up from his phone while she pays the bill. It's sad, but its reality. I used to hang on my dad's every word when it came to racing, the same with all of his friends who had race cars. I read every Hot Rod magazine there was over and over again to learn. Things change, everything comes to an end someday.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Was your countries economy offshored to china right out from under your nose, in broad day light?

YES.

Drag racing takes discretionary money.

The people of your country now have no discretionary money.

The discretionary money Americans used to have for drag racing, is now in the pockets of the few who offshored the American jobs, and hired cheap chinese slave labor for profits/ a bigger share.

This is a simple economics course I'm giving you here.

Pay attention.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
I saw a stat the other day 1/3 of this country is delinquent on their electric bills.

Just wait until some of them get their heating bills.My Nicor natural gas bill is over 4x what it was just a few years ago.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
I saw a stat the other day 1/3 of this country is delinquent on their electric bills.

Just wait until some of them get their heating bills.My Nicor natural gas bill is over 4x what it was just a few years ago.

Come on down to Florida, we need all the men of good conscience, willing to speak it, we can get.

You're in a blue state anyway, GTFO while you can.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
My friend just got one of those Jeep SUVs with the Hell Cat motor in it. But he is 75 years old. LOL!

Posts: 6203 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
EXACTLY! Same guy you’d see showing his pride and joy at the local week night cruise meets in the summer at the local restaurant, fast food joint or mall parking lot. It’s mostly a 60 and up crowd.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Hot rodding, racing - car culture takes discretionary money.

Useless degree's won't payback a school loan much less start a family. Car culture comes AFTER these two phenomenons.

You're putting the cart before the horse.

Inheritances is fueling a lot of the hot rod 60 year olds at car shows... old money.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Clueless and in denial^^^

Meanwhile when I was 16 I had no disposable income but I had a love of muscle cars as did ALL my friends and a desire to own one, NOTHING else mattered so I bought my 1st car, 1st hot rod a 1968 Chevelle with a 350 and a Muncie M21 using the money I had saved for a year working nights and weekends in a pizza place and as a construction laborer in the summer.

This interest, this desire, this love no longer exists for cars no mind American muscle cars new or old with boys/men from 15 to 45!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Things change, everything comes to an end someday.

Every thing comes to pass, NOTHING comes to stay!

Bob

Posts: 3081 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I’m at Indy and had a visit with Ed about this very thing. The Geriatric Nationals! All you have to do is look at the golf carts going by, nearly all old f-arts!

It is sad to me but kids are interested in their phones and tablets. The ones that are on the carts are ALL looking at their phone.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5304 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Cashflow…KNOWS!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
Hairdos are all very similar at NHRA races

Bald with a hat or totally gray or white

I got both covered !

The announcers say “retired” during driver stats more than any other occupation

Comfortably retired would sound more accurate

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Did someone mention 60 and up and grey hair Big Grin

Posts: 2420 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Right

DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cashflow:
I’m at Indy and had a visit with Ed about this very thing. The Geriatric Nationals! All you have to do is look at the golf carts going by, nearly all old f-arts!

It is sad to me but kids are interested in their phones and tablets. The ones that are on the carts are ALL looking at their phone.
Vern I've seen you and Jimmy at the track and we are no spring chickens,lol.

Posts: 1708 | Location: Portland,Oregon | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Drag racing dying has nothing to do with the economy nor who is in the White House. It’s death started at least 2 decades ago and is due to changes in society and technology

All 1320's posts on this thread are dead on with a zero whether we like it or not- and I'm sure many don't.
Drag racing is dying a slow death in spite of an occasional high entry exception and those are merely the exceptions that prove the rule.
There is no longer a 'car culture' in this country and we gearheads, we few, are a dying breed and we'll just have accept that fact while we make the best of what's left.
It's been a helluva great time and I've enjoyed it for decades but it's just time to accept the inevitable and move on.

BTW: There was no 'MASSIVE VOTER FRAUD'! Trump lost and it wasn't even close. Wife and I voted for him twice but we're sick of the stolen election BS and it's time Trump quit making a bigger fool of himself and his cult supporters.

Posts: 606 | Location: Lakewood, Co. | Registered: January 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
and your comments are dead with a zero about Trump!

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I don't know of any test and tune/grudge nights that are suffering. And there is a good number of young people at them, both participating and just watching. It has got to be some of the lowest priced actual on-track participation available anywhere. It's not my cup of tea (nor, I suspect, anyone else's posting here), but there is no denying that it is both extremely cheap and extremely popular...and it's about cars.

But I don't travel around the country looking at test and tune nights. Maybe this only happens like this in my area. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1231 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Quote;
BTW: There was no 'MASSIVE VOTER FRAUD'! Trump lost and it wasn't even close. Wife and I voted for him twice but we're sick of the stolen election BS and it's time Trump quit making a bigger fool of himself and his cult supporters.

There are a few young gear heads left. They need our help!

I totally agree with you ^^. Trump is not the answer and if the R Party doesn’t come up with someone with balls we are screwed. They need some life in the Fn Party!

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4490 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post