New
Find
Notify
Tools

Electric scooter?
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Well my 12 year old pit bike (a 4 stroke 50cc type)has fallen a few times been worked on at the races and home too many times, and finally I'm ready to get something more reliable. Can't haul a golf cart(too expensive anyway), so I'm wondering if anyone's using an electric scooter? Pros and Cons?? Bob

Posts: 146 | Location: california | Registered: November 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
the scooters I'm talking about are ones with a seat and even ones that can hold 2 people.

Posts: 146 | Location: california | Registered: November 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Bob, I couldn't find an electric scooter that could carry two people. Maybe check with the "Scooter Mogul" (Charlie) and see if he can find one for you.

I have a Honda model NQ-50 scooter that I would part with for $200. It has new tires, new carburetor, new battery but is only built for one. I have $600 invested but never used it, I have a primary scooter that rides two.

Bob

Posts: 3080 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bob. I need a 2 person. I have found a electric scooter here locally that has a capacity of 350lbs. Brand new they are 750.00. They look real nice. What my concern is that they have to be charged. Just wanted to see if someone is using one and if a regular day of riding around was good enough to only charge at night. Looks like I'm the only one thinking it may be a good thing. I'll put in the link. Not sure it will work. https://offerup.com/item/detail/1009127234/

DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
I bought this one a couple of months ago or so...I have had no trouble with it so far and have used it at home and at two races...I have run it down to 2 out of 5 bars on the battery meter and it takes 3 hours to charge back up from there...I weigh 250 lbs. and got it up to just over 18 mph...

I did change the seat to a schwinn from walmart for 19 bucks...twice as big and much more comfy...I know it is for one but at least you get an idea...btw, I changed from a 50cc gas scooter...oh yeah, I bought this one because the seat fold down as does the handlebars...it weighs 31 lbs. so I can pick it up and put it in the back of my yukon tow vehicle...

Posts: 1276 | Location: Florida (FL) | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by fuzzy dice:
I bought this one a couple of months ago or so...I have had no trouble with it so far and have used it at home and at two races...I have run it down to 2 out of 5 bars on the battery meter and it takes 3 hours to charge back up from there...I weigh 250 lbs. and got it up to just over 18 mph...

I did change the seat to a schwinn from walmart for 19 bucks...twice as big and much more comfy...I know it is for one but at least you get an idea...btw, I changed from a 50cc gas scooter...oh yeah, I bought this one because the seat fold down as does the handlebars...it weighs 31 lbs. so I can pick it up and put it in the back of my yukon tow vehicle...

https://www.amazon.com/Hiboy-E...84001421532384&psc=1

Posts: 1276 | Location: Florida (FL) | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info fuzzy. Seems like these scooters can run all day with no problems. I may pull the trigger.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Dragn
posted Hide Post
I would look into an electric bike and it will be far more than just a pit vehicle. I love mine!

Bob Seamons

Posts: 207 | Location: In the Garage | Registered: December 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
The scooter I posted a link to is a electric bike/scooter 2 in one. Thanks Dragn

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Old thread I know. But with batteries getting better and such, anyone else been using the electrics?

We are looking at ways to haul two dragsters in the trailer, and getting the golf cart out of there is probably helpful. The only concern I have is how safe they are and easy to ride. The last thing I need is my wife or even myself piling up the sob and getting ourselves hurt. I doubt I would have trouble. But she has no motorcycle experience.
Some of these look like they can be folded and tucked away. Even hang on the wall.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6377 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
chinese junk and doubling your chance of a trailer fire. Perfect choice for you!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
1320 shows his ignorance, again, there are a number of American Made electric scooters. Just have to look for them. Glad I could help.

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Wrong and the one or 2 that are far exceed his price point. NahNahTounge

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Prove me wrong with facts, not your opinion and a stupid emoji. Fingers Cross

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maliciousintent:
Prove me wrong with facts, not your opinion and a stupid emoji. Fingers Cross

It must take a fair amount of effort for him to be the universal a22wh0le that he consistently is. I suppose he doesn't like small block guys that are faster than his high dollar stuff. Or fellas with more round and race wins than he has. Not only doesn't spending more money make him any more competitive......it doesn't seem to make him any happier either. I pity him. I don't even read what he writes, and can tell he is wound up. No sense in unhiding his stuff when it is so seldom that he has something productive to contribute.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6377 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
The only opinion that matters is Ed's. Just ask him.

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't put one of those cheap electric scooters in my trailer (or in my house or garage either), especially not while charging. E-bikes & scooters are everywhere in NY city where I work and you hear about fires with them all the time. An apartment building just burned down recently due to an e-bike charging on the first floor. Just Google 'e-bike charging fires', you'll get pages of results.

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 626 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
My opinion isn’t the only one that matters, those that agree with me matter too. Laughing very hard

BD104X…knows and a New Yorker like me.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BD104X:
I wouldn't put one of those cheap electric scooters in my trailer (or in my house or garage either), especially not while charging. E-bikes & scooters are everywhere in NY city where I work and you hear about fires with them all the time. An apartment building just burned down recently due to an e-bike charging on the first floor. Just Google 'e-bike charging fires', you'll get pages of results.

That's good info to know. They are non existent in rural areas.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Ed, I asked for FACTS, not your opinion. You make a statement with no factual backup. BTW, your opinion don't mean chitt.