Tools

Electric scooter?
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Floyd Staggs:
Bucky,
They can show many pictures of Teslas going up in garages, at charging stations or because of a wreck. There have been many trailer fires caused by an electric golf cart just being transported, not on a charger.
Bottom line is accidents can happen.

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd Staggs:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Floyd Staggs:
Bucky,
They can show many pictures of Teslas going up in garages, at charging stations or because of a wreck. There have been many trailer fires caused by an electric golf cart just being transported, not on a charger.
Bottom line is accidents can happen.

It's a great point to remember. With the internet and social media, every incident can become an all out emergency for some, which statistically doesn't warrant it. Putting a low cost China product with high potential in a position where it could be a disaster can certainly pose a risk regardless of what it is. I'm in no way pro electric anything. But the anti electric sentiment is quite high. So these incidents tend to get a lot of air time.
One way or another, the risk is noted.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6394 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I started this thread. I did not buy an E scooter. I bought another 50cc gas bike. The main reason I stayed away from the E bike or scooter was the cost of batteries. I called a craigslist add for an E scooter for 450.00, he was selling because it needed new batteries the battery pak cost 300.00 and lasted him about 2 years.The scooter depreciated to over half what it cost new and now new batteries for 300.00? Not a smart move. So that was reason enough to stay away let alone the possibility of a fire from charging, which didn't enter my mind at the time. Food for thought.

Posts: 146 | Location: california | Registered: November 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
You really can't beat the 50cc Honda Spree. I bought a used one 20 odd years ago for 300 bucks. Just sold it for 200.

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post