DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Ambulance at the track??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ambulance at the track??
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted
Local track has always had an ambulance there when they're racing or T&T. They've changed providers a few times through the years but always had an ambulance. Yesterday there was a non racing accident where someone was injured. It was then I realized there was no ambulance on the property and they had to wait for the county ambulance to show to transport the person.
Do the tracks you race at have an ambulance there?

Posts: 1451 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Yes and won’t race at one that doesn’t. Don’t race at tracks with steel guard rails either.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I believe the insurance providers say that the ambulance has to be within 15 minutes of the track.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5298 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richard Hammond
posted Hide Post

Posts: 433 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I’d been dead without one…..

Posts: 1251 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
At our track, if the ambulance leaves its staging area for any reason, racing stops until it has returned and parked.

Posts: 293 | Location: Nevada | Registered: February 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
Another question ,and I never thought this was possible until I raced at a track that owned an ambulance. The track owned the ambulance and staffed it but it wasn't licensed to transport. They could stabilize you but you still had to wait for the local ambulance.
Another interesting thing about emergency medical treatment most of us don't think about. In the county I live in the don't have much of a hospital and the healthcare system moved the trauma center from the next town to quite a distance away. Good chance if someone was severely injured they aren't going in an ambulance anyway.

Posts: 1451 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eman:
Another question ,and I never thought this was possible until I raced at a track that owned an ambulance. The track owned the ambulance and staffed it but it wasn't licensed to transport. They could stabilize you but you still had to wait for the local ambulance.
Another interesting thing about emergency medical treatment most of us don't think about. In the county I live in the don't have much of a hospital and the healthcare system moved the trauma center from the next town to quite a distance away. Good chance if someone was severely injured they aren't going in an ambulance anyway.

This is how all tracks I race at are. Saw a helocopter land on the track one time.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6377 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Been to tracks where the ambulance has a flat tire or won't even crank. Other tracks have shared the ambulance with a round track. Have even picked up my timeslips from the EMTs.

Posts: 518 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Last year I passed out under the car at Piedmont, dehydrated, a county ambulance took me to the hospital. There is a fire dept very close to the track so thats probably where it came from.

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Every track should have an ambulance and fire crew with trained people there or you should not be racing there.

Most of the tracks I race at if there is an emergency and the ambulance has to take someone to hospital all racing stops until they get another one there.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3990 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil Dees:
Been to tracks where the ambulance has a flat tire or won't even crank. Other tracks have shared the ambulance with a round track. Have even picked up my timeslips from the EMTs.

A few years back one track had the ambulance crew working the concession stand during the race. Now they have the EMT working the time slip booth.