Find
Notify
Tools

WDRA
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted
Don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing for sportsman racers and tracks

Posts: 2403 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I feel like if Royce can have some freedom to create programs, it will be great. MIR has always had some good programs, their ring for the queen, the raider series etc.

Posts: 66 | Location: Glen Burnie | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Ed said this wouldn’t happen

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6362 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Not only didn’t I say it but I couldn’t care any less. They will succumb to the same fate as the ADRL.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
With Jeffers and the IHRA announcing today they are waiving all 2023 track sanctioning fees I guess the battle is on...Time will tell how it all plays out

Posts: 2403 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
That gives the track a shot at making some money.
Hope it works out.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4470 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CrewMan
posted Hide Post
Is this drag racing's version of PGA Tour vs LIV Golf? Big Grin

"Some things are better left unsaid... usually it's the S**T I blurt out first.

Posts: 116 | Location: Loveland, Ohio | Registered: September 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
With Jeffers and the IHRA announcing today they are waiving all 2023 track sanctioning fees I guess the battle is on...Time will tell how it all plays out

Actually I think this may have something to do with IHRA waving fees for next year. I am sure they had to know someone was working on something like this.

I had said before I think all of racing is in deep trouble in this economy and both IHRA and NHRA will be struggling in next few years if racing survives at all. Not a good time to bring in another sanctioning body.

Often I think NHRA goes out of their way to run off Spectators, Sponsors and Racers but they are the big dog and think they can get away with it.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3971 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Just think of all of the years AHRA has been gone...back....gone....back. How many people do you know of with an AHRA license?

Also, NHRA and IHRA recognize each others licenses to an extent. I highly doubt they will recognize this new series.

IHRA has the largest potential to do something. What that something is only Larry Jeffers knows. When it comes to dealing with series sponsors and businesses, the marketing department will always choose longevity over new, when the pricing is apples to apples. It's safer for business.

The people who left IHRA should have stayed and focused their energy on making the sport/organization better as a whole if they truly had the sport in mind.

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
The 4 tracks and track operators listed by the WDRA are probably 4 of the most successful, independent, savvy track operators around. They are in the drag racing business and I think they see an opportunity and they joined forces to see what they can do. Manufacturers of the parts we all buy have not had to do much in the way of promotions to still stay months behind on orders. Biden's economy will likely change that pretty soon and the manufacturers will have to "seek business". Not too many guys better at "selling their product", in this case the WDRA than these guys. Be interesting to watch, I think it might come down to track insurance programs, sanction fees and what a track benefits from them and some sort of national Series you can compete in on a local level.
Watch and see, get me some popcorn ;-)

Jok

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1217 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
It's all about the insurance needed to put on an event.

Lots of capitulation from the main player (NHRA), since 15 days to flatten the herd.

These people (WDRA) must not see any hope in further capitulation.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Hello All.
So let me see how this helps the Racer!
Will the WDRA now require a WDRA Chassis Cert?
Will the WDRA require a WDRA Membership?
Will the WDRA require a Class License & Car #?
Sounds like spending more money to me.
Will the WDRA have a Bracket Finals for their racers?.
I know this is still a pretty new deal, but how many WDRA tracks are there? How many is expected?
And yes one of these tracks is my home track!
Just food for thought.
Calvin Starcher S/ST,S/G 1177
Just a 1st round DUCK looking for a win!

Posts: 46 | Location: Southern MD | Registered: November 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
How many of those guys actually own the track they represent? Pretty sure Royce Miller does and I have known him long before he bought MIR from Larry Clayton and Todd Mack. Pretty good guy. But how about the rest?

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
How many of those guys actually own the track they represent? Pretty sure Royce Miller does and I have known him long before he bought MIR from Larry Clayton and Todd Mack. Pretty good guy. But how about the rest?
Hello Don, I know Carl Blanton has been running Mo-Kan forever. I am quite certain he does own the property. It's been years since I ran there, I know he actually coordinated a non-sanctioned "Bracket Finals" for a good bunch of "renegade" tracks in the surrounding states, that were not affiliated with either of the "HRA's". That man knows how to run a track and a bracket program.

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1032 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
I know Jeff Miles owned Carolina Dragway for many years, 17 I believe...before that he and his sister ran the track for his Dad...he manages Darlington now as far as I know...very knowledgeable...

Posts: 1272 | Location: Florida (FL) | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Why did Miles give up Carolina? Its like Jim Cunningham up in MD had even me convinced that he owned Capitol for years, lots of years, until one day the daughter of the person that really owned it sent the sheriff and moved him out. He had never owned it. Pretty sure Royce got MIR back because at one time IHRA (IRG) owned it. But its all hear say till something solid happens.

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Well Cordova Dragway just announced they are joining also Eddyville raceway. Both these tracks were involved with Mr. Gardner in the past.this will take off here fo-sure

The difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance is lack of knowledge. Stupidity is the inability to learn. Don't be stupid

Posts: 396 | Location: des moines iowa | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
WDRA. “We’re done racing association”

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cal of MD:
Hello All.
So let me see how this helps the Racer!
Will the WDRA now require a WDRA Chassis Cert?
Will the WDRA require a WDRA Membership?
Will the WDRA require a Class License & Car #?
Sounds like spending more money to me.
Will the WDRA have a Bracket Finals for their racers?.
I know this is still a pretty new deal, but how many WDRA tracks are there? How many is expected?
And yes one of these tracks is my home track!
Just food for thought.
Calvin Starcher S/ST,S/G 1177
Just a 1st round DUCK looking for a win!

Let's not make up scenarios. It will play out and we can see as information becomes available. Frankly I think it will affect most racers little. But tracks may fare well out of it. If our tracks are up for it, so am I. Yes IHRA has had a good championship program that we have participated in including Memphis. But what I need is healthy tracks to race at.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6362 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Best to wait and see where the sponsors go. Without Summit at IHRA you can say goodbye to the super series. Not saying Summit is leaving but there was a pretty strong connection between them and one of IHRA's former employees. Just saying!

Posts: 194 | Location: Corunna, Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post