Tools

WDRA
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Undertaker II:
Best to wait and see where the sponsors go. Without Summit at IHRA you can say goodbye to the super series. Not saying Summit is leaving but there was a pretty strong connection between them and one of IHRA's former employees. Just saying!

Do not know why you think Summit would leave. They are a business and I bet they are getting a good return on that investment.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3970 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Undertaker II:
Best to wait and see where the sponsors go. Without Summit at IHRA you can say goodbye to the super series. Not saying Summit is leaving but there was a pretty strong connection between them and one of IHRA's former employees. Just saying!

Do not know why you think Summit would leave. They are a business and I bet they are getting a good return on that investment.

It doesn't matter how good of buddies whoever at Summit and the former employee are. The buddy system brings the company to the table, but the board is who votes on if the check gets signed.

A company as large as summit won't benefit from 4 tracks in a sanctioning body without some Major events.

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of 2893 S/G
posted Hide Post
Don Scott from WDRA was on the Between the Slicks #107 show on youtube with Monday Morning Racer. I thought it was very interesting. Give it watch and see what you think. https://youtu.be/Kj9LkyaB3aw

Posts: 5 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: July 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I think that guy is in dream land unless there is a lot more he is not saying. He would make a good used car salesman. Maybe he will prove me wrong.

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
I think that guy is in dream land unless there is a lot more he is not saying. He would make a good used car salesman. Maybe he will prove me wrong.

I wonder if one of the "Partners" is an insurance salesman. If he put a policy together to cover the tracks, and the tracks signed on board, they stand to make a HUGE commission!

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Only time will tell how many tracks will decide to join the new organization but I'm guessing they will likey have 50 or more before racing starts next season! Won't be surprised to see a few familiar faces working for the new alliance either.

Posts: 194 | Location: Corunna, Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2893 S/G:
Don Scott from WDRA was on the Between the Slicks #107 show on youtube with Monday Morning Racer. https://youtu.be/Kj9LkyaB3aw

couldn't make 5 minutes with the host, annoying as fuc!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
He mentions Super Series while talking about their bracket program. Later in the interview he also says Summit Super Series. Was that a slip because he's run a track that was involved or was it a slip as to what he knows?

Posts: 1451 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Walter
posted Hide Post
Now at 30 member tracks and in discussions with another 50. Latest PR https://dragstory.com/ws/wdra-...0-member-track-mark/

Mark Walter, Senior Chaplain
JAMA Racing Ministry

"A wise person is hungry for truth, while the fool feeds on trash." Proverbs 15:14
"Laus Deo!"

Posts: 299 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I am with Ed. I also call BS on 80 tracks talking at this point. Talking! Talk is cheap.

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am with Ed. I also call BS on 80 tracks talking at this point. Talking! Talk is cheap.

They signed 30 in what, 10 days?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6361 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
I also call BS on 80 tracks talking at this point. Talking! Talk is cheap.

without question it's BS!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Wildman
posted Hide Post
The list of tracks on their website and facefuc page doesn't match what is reported on the drag illustrated article. I am more than just a little apprehensive to believe it.

Posts: 109 | Location: at a dragstrip near you | Registered: April 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Walter:
Now at 30 member tracks and in discussions with another 50. Latest PR https://dragstory.com/ws/wdra-...0-member-track-mark/

I have said on here that I did not think now was the time to start a new organization and that I did not think it would survive.

I also did not think there would be any tracks jump on board other than the 4 who formed the deal. I do know that some of the tracks have already announced they have changed so this thing is taking off.

It has already got way more support than I thought it would so maybe?????

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3970 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
it will fail just as the others before

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I think what most people are missing is that this has been in the works for quite some time, not just the past 10 days. IRG chose to ignore an offer from "A Group" and opted to sell for less money to Mr Jeffers and so it began. Only time will tell how it all ends.

Posts: 194 | Location: Corunna, Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Thurston
posted Hide Post
I was wondering about this. If IHRA was for sale, why didn't they purchase it. They could have had hundreds of tracks and could slowly make adjustments to realize their vision, rather than starting from zero.

How do you know that they made an offer to IRG?

quote:
Originally posted by Undertaker II:
I think what most people are missing is that this has been in the works for quite some time, not just the past 10 days. IRG chose to ignore an offer from "A Group" and opted to sell for less money to Mr Jeffers and so it began. Only time will tell how it all ends.

Posts: 68 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Trust me IRG took the most profitable offer. Their only objective was profit, plain and simple.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Wildman
posted Hide Post
Well, doing a little more digging, I found a local track owner commented that allot is going on, the next few weeks will revile the changes. So I guess it is shaping up to be the real deal.

He also stated he sent in sanction paperwork to WDRA for both tracks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Wildman,

Posts: 109 | Location: at a dragstrip near you | Registered: April 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I am curious how this will shake out.

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1827 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post