Find
Notify
Tools

WDRA
 Login/Join

DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
Bucky & Curly1 go clean up your posts! I'll be back.

SL...

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by DragRaceResults:
I'll give you one chance. You can go delete your posts or I will clean it up tonight and yes put you on time out. Everyone involved in this mess of a thread. I don't like work and this looks like work!

SL...[/QUOTE

There are more than two that need to delete correct?

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4461 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BP758:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by DragRaceResults:
I'll give you one chance. You can go delete your posts or I will clean it up tonight and yes put you on time out. Everyone involved in this mess of a thread. I don't like work and this looks like work!

SL...[/QUOTE

There are more than two that need to delete correct?

I’m not even sure what I’m in hot water over.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6352 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
Thank you everyone. It wasn't really a topic or up for debate. I think it was pretty self explanatory and I appreciate everyone's cooperation.

SL...

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DragRaceResults:

SL...

quote:
Thank you everyone. It wasn't really a topic or up for debate. I think it was pretty self explanatory and I appreciate everyone's cooperation.

SL...

If this is that big "mess of a thread" or "wasn't really a topic or up for debate". Why not just delete the whole thread, seems pretty simple to me. I think you bring some of these messy threads on yourself, by not enforcing your own DRR Terms of Service. Just a simple observation! Wink

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2478 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I'm wondering, if we look at the tracks who have currently committed for 2023, whether there will be more IHRA or WDRA sanctioned tracks in 2023? Also, has anyone seen a previously NHRA sanctioned track(s) commit to the WDRA for 2023? Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1226 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I see Lancaster (NY) and Windy Hollow (KY) have now committed to the WDRA also. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1226 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
We still have not heard what the WDRA has to offer that IHRA / NHRA does not.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3961 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
quote:

SL...

quote:

SL...

If this is that big "mess of a thread" or "wasn't really a topic or up for debate". Why not just delete the whole thread, seems pretty simple to me. I think you bring some of these messy threads on yourself, by not enforcing your own DRR Terms of Service. Just a simple observation! Wink

Cliff notes

It was a decent thread until curly and bucky train wrecked the thread like they do every other thread, off topic.

Now, Bucky is gas lighting the entire forum by pretending he doesn't understand plain english, after being asked nicely to delete his off topic BS.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:
quote:

SL...

quote:

SL...

Cliff notes

It was a decent thread until curly and bucky train wrecked the thread like they do every other thread, off topic.

Now, Bucky is gas lighting the entire forum by pretending he doesn't understand plain english, after being asked nicely to delete his off topic BS.

Didn’t Scott just caution about this?

You have a lot of nerve calling someone else a gas lighter. Laughing Hard
You and Mimi Me have basically ruined this forum.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4461 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of muggs
posted Hide Post
I miss all the fun.

Home track moving to WDRA. IHRA tracks have treated me fairly, so has NHRA tracks. I trust the move would not have been made without good reason.

I will keep running at whatever is available.

Posts: 3071 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:
quote:

SL...

quote:

SL...

Cliff notes

Just give it up and drop it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Curly1,

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

Posts: 3961 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
To try and get the thread back on track, Wes Buck interviewed Don Scott of the WDRA on his Drag Illustrated podcast this week.
go to 1:24:40 of the podcast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfrtsZYoBpY

Posts: 2394 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
I was at IHRA's Division 3 bracket finals last week. Michael Beard was the announcer, and that's all he was supposed to be. He became the de facto race director. I saw less than minimal effort from the barely present IHRA officials, including Mr. Jeffers.

*All I should have had to be.

I was hired with the understanding that I was going to have to be the race director also. The host track was only aware of one specific person IHRA was sending. It ended up being two people, and supposedly they were working on training a third person. Their support was dedicated to membership services and t-shirt sales. A week before the event, there was no parking map. I was given information by the host track, so I made one, which IHRA later took and reposted (after turning it 90 degrees so that 'north' was no longer at the top of the graphic...)

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5727 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen anything this new deal offers that we don't already have, and no big name corporate sponsorship to make it happen.

Where's a $200K giveaway going to come from, folks?

I'll stick with what's been the standard for 50+ years.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1586 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
What he said^^^^

This is an IHRA problem who is barely still in business and doesn't effect me in anyway. I only race at NHRA events and big $ bracket races and the NHRA ain’t got nothing to worry about with this latest startup.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Were all the tracks who have announced they are switching to WDRA previously sanctioned by the IHRA? Or are some of them NHRA as well? Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom396:
Were all the tracks who have announced they are switching to WDRA previously sanctioned by the IHRA? Or are some of them NHRA as well? Take care. Tom Worthington

I do not see any of the larger NHRA tracks that have National events ever leaving NHRA. They make a lot of money on them. Some of the smaller tracks have nothing to lose and it comes down to the question I have asked before.

What does the new WDRA offer that IHRA and NHRA do not?

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Beard:
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
I was at IHRA's Division 3 bracket finals last week. Michael Beard was the announcer, and that's all he was supposed to be. He became the de facto race director. I saw less than minimal effort from the barely present IHRA officials, including Mr. Jeffers.

*All I should have had to be.

I was hired with the understanding that I was going to have to be the race director also. The host track was only aware of one specific person IHRA was sending. It ended up being two people, and supposedly they were working on training a third person. Their support was dedicated to membership services and t-shirt sales. A week before the event, there was no parking map. I was given information by the host track, so I made one, which IHRA later took and reposted (after turning it 90 degrees so that 'north' was no longer at the top of the graphic...)

Thanks for clarifying... you and I know what it was like to work with the IHRA staff before, and this bracket finals wasn't like those.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
To try and get the thread back on track, Wes Buck interviewed Don Scott of the WDRA on his Drag Illustrated podcast this week.
go to 1:24:40 of the podcast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfrtsZYoBpY

American Race Cars giving a $5k free entry race at the WDRA world finals, cool.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post