Tools

WDRA
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
Yes! Read that last paragraph carefully.

Please explain your point.

I've won a Contingency Connection packet years ago. There were a lot of coupons for things I didn't need but some of them were a good deal on items I did purchase.

Posts: 1462 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Never heard of "Contingency Connection" and coupons, decals, etc never did amount to much. Also don't see any list of these 100+ committed tracks, where is the money coming from if they are giving everything away? I am for anything that makes it better for ME but so far all I have seen from them is talk and that is cheap. Have they had a race yet? Has any track painted over the IHRA or NHRA signage and installed their new look? I'll give them a chance as soon as I see something.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Never heard of "Contingency Connection" and coupons, decals, etc never did amount to much. Also don't see any list of these 100+ committed tracks, where is the money coming from if they are giving everything away? I am for anything that makes it better for ME but so far all I have seen from them is talk and that is cheap. Have they had a race yet? Has any track painted over the IHRA or NHRA signage and installed their new look? I'll give them a chance as soon as I see something.

Not to mention that WDRA claimed I-30 was on board about a month ago. Now I-30 has sold and stated they're staying with IHRA.

I'll believe WDRA when they start racing.

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Holytown:
quote:

Not to mention that WDRA claimed I-30 was on board about a month ago. Now I-30 has sold and stated they're staying with IHRA.

This season isn’t over yet in most areas. They aren’t going to change signage during a season that they are obligated to another sanctioning body

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6407 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of MadMax4040
posted Hide Post
quote:

This is no different than when Northstar got bought and announced NHRA to IHRA in mid season for the following year. I-30 was to be WDRA with the old management in 2023 and now the new owner says he will stick with IHRA.

As they mentioned in many of their press releases and videos WDRA doesn't "start" operations until 1/1/2023. Right now they are signing tracks for 2023 and beyond and building out programs for 2023. 2022 programs that were under contract for 2022 are still in place so of course nothing is getting changed right now.

Posts: 27 | Location: Frisco, Tx | Registered: February 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
Sounds like a good perk. My experience with coupon books hasn’t been great though. Seldom do I need what they give coupons for. And when there is something, I pay a much higher base price to purchase direct instead of the discounted pricing through summit or others. So the discount makes it a wash.
I won’t look the gift horse in the mouth. It’s great to offer this. I do like cash though. Lol

I’m guessing no partnership with Summit will happen this being the case.
I’ve really never understood the pricing structure that ends up with me paying more through the manufacture. Cutting out the middle man and all. Probably how the agreements are with summit and others.

I'm with you, the limited experience I've had with these type of things, price ends up about equivalent to Summit's.

I'm curious to see what happens with Summit and both WDRA and IHRA. It makes sense to me they would want to keep themselves out in front of as many racers as possible.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:
quote:

This season isn’t over yet in most areas. They aren’t going to change signage during a season that they are obligated to another sanctioning body

Agreed, Bucky.

Fern, I count 29 track on the link, and I think there were some more that announced this week. I also think some are waiting until after the Summit World Finals next week to announce they're switching.
https://racewdra.com/us-tracks-1

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
2 in FL, 2 in NC, none in Ohio. Certainly not the 100s they have mentioned.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Other than loyalty to the letters, what is behind the negativity towards the new sanctioning body? Are you reluctant to get on board because the organization is new and you are unsure about the people or the mission? Because right now tgat is also applying to IHRA.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6407 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I wish them luck but can't ignore the facts

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
I wish them luck but can't ignore the facts

Good idea. But what facts are concerning you?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
2023 WDRA SPRING BRACKET FINALS ADDED TO THE SCHEDULE
The majority of tracks that would have attended the Bracket Finals event at Darlington this year have made their commitment to WDRA for 2023. In appreciation of that commitment to our alliance and to make things easier for the racers, WDRA and Darlington Dragway have put a Spring Bracket Finals event on the schedule to make up for this year’s cancelled event. The Spring WDRA Bracket Finals will be February 16-19, 2023.
The winners of the WDRA Spring Bracket Finals will receive an invitation to the quarter-million dollar Sportsman Drag Racing Series World Championships in October. The eligible winners of the Fall Bracket Finals event at Darlington will also get an invitation to the World Championships.
A huge thank you to Jeff Miles for getting this event on his 2023 schedule so quickly. Jeff still has some work to do on the rest of his schedule and we are working on the fall date now so we can tell you what that will be ASAP.
As a reminder for racers, WDRA is going to accept valid IHRA membership and license until it expires so you won’t lose any value. WDRA will have a simple transfer form for you to fill out and return to our membership department with a copy of the valid license. WDRA will issue a license for the same class with the same expiration date. We will be rolling that program out in late December for a January 1st launch.
We will use the order of finish from 2022 to set the parking for the Spring Bracket Finals just as it would
have been done if you had run the event last week. We will use the order of finish from the Spring event to set the parking for the Fall event.
Our team is going to work on adding a few new twists and features to the Spring Bracket Finals event and we will send along those details as they get finalized.
Thanks for your support and more good things to come.
Don Scott, WDRA

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richard Hammond
posted Hide Post
Copied from facebook
WDRA
ADVANTAGES OF JOINING THE ALLIANCE
IT STARTS WITH OUR MISSION: To provide value as a sanctioning body to racers and facilities through process modernization, unparalleled service and value driven partnerships. Our goal is to provide the stability our sport requires at the foundational level.
OUR PEOPLE: The people are what make the difference in any business. We have gathered current and former track owners and operators that have sanction experience with both HRA’s and will be hiring industry veterans with motorsport management experience to provide a best-in-class service network for our members. It is critical to not only have a management team in place that have decades of service but to also have a Track Advisory Council of current track owners and operators. This council is spread out in geographically different areas to be a resource in each part of the country. Maryland International Raceway, US 131 Motorsports Park, Darlington Dragway and Mo-Kan Dragway have volunteered to be a helping hand to our alliance.
OUR SERVICE: Having a team that have been racers ourselves means we understand that when you have an issue or a question you need it answered quickly. Our service standards of returning calls or seeking a solution to the problem will be unmatched in the industry and it is 24/7. We know that the weekends are when you can have your biggest problems and life-threatening incidents and you can rest assured, we are ready to help when you need us.
OUR INSURANCE: We have secured the services of major insurance providers of drag racing coverage in the US and Canada. We know from our own sanctioning experiences that insurance is a cornerstone of what we do and we want only the best in product and service for our racers. We specifically decided to secure programs with the leading providers because of their stability and longevity in our sport. Insurance is not an area that we want to put our businesses at risk with and we all know that cheaper isn’t necessarily better. Our member tracks will have the ability to
choose form different WDRA designated insurance providers that have shown to be the best combination of stability, longevity in drag racing, price, service and support when a claim arises. All options provide the best in Participant Accident insurance for WDRA members.
OUR PROGRAMS: Having a business model that does not rely on income derived from being a traveling event producer means that our resources can be specifically targeted to building bracket racing programs that support and reward our members. We will do the work to deliver a value of racer benefits both through our programs and our membership.
OUR PROCESS: While we take a modernized approach to being a sanctioning body, we are also modernizing the way we work on your behalf. As track owners and racers ourselves, we recognize that things that slow us down are due mostly to doing things the old fashioned way. We want to use today’s technology to make the business of being a motorsports facility (and a sanctioning body) as efficient as it can be using modern processes. We also want to present ourselves and our process as an alliance to sponsors, vendors and any business that wants to support our membership. We will have the right processes in place to make entering the WDRA family as easy and efficient as possible for potential partners that will contribute to your members benefits.

Posts: 434 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Hammond:
Copied from facebook
WDRA
ADVANTAGES OF JOINING THE ALLIANCE
IT STARTS WITH OUR MISSION: To provide value as a sanctioning body to racers and facilities through process modernization, unparalleled service and value driven partnerships. Our goal is to provide the stability our sport requires at the foundational level.
OUR PEOPLE: The people are what make the difference in any business. We have gathered current and former track owners and operators that have sanction experience with both HRA’s and will be hiring industry veterans with motorsport management experience to provide a best-in-class service network for our members. It is critical to not only have a management team in place that have decades of service but to also have a Track Advisory Council of current track owners and operators. This council is spread out in geographically different areas to be a resource in each part of the country. Maryland International Raceway, US 131 Motorsports Park, Darlington Dragway and Mo-Kan Dragway have volunteered to be a helping hand to our alliance.
OUR SERVICE: Having a team that have been racers ourselves means we understand that when you have an issue or a question you need it answered quickly. Our service standards of returning calls or seeking a solution to the problem will be unmatched in the industry and it is 24/7. We know that the weekends are when you can have your biggest problems and life-threatening incidents and you can rest assured, we are ready to help when you need us.
OUR INSURANCE: We have secured the services of major insurance providers of drag racing coverage in the US and Canada. We know from our own sanctioning experiences that insurance is a cornerstone of what we do and we want only the best in product and service for our racers. We specifically decided to secure programs with the leading providers because of their stability and longevity in our sport. Insurance is not an area that we want to put our businesses at risk with and we all know that cheaper isn’t necessarily better. Our member tracks will have the ability to
choose form different WDRA designated insurance providers that have shown to be the best combination of stability, longevity in drag racing, price, service and support when a claim arises. All options provide the best in Participant Accident insurance for WDRA members.
OUR PROGRAMS: Having a business model that does not rely on income derived from being a traveling event producer means that our resources can be specifically targeted to building bracket racing programs that support and reward our members. We will do the work to deliver a value of racer benefits both through our programs and our membership.
OUR PROCESS: While we take a modernized approach to being a sanctioning body, we are also modernizing the way we work on your behalf. As track owners and racers ourselves, we recognize that things that slow us down are due mostly to doing things the old fashioned way. We want to use today’s technology to make the business of being a motorsports facility (and a sanctioning body) as efficient as it can be using modern processes. We also want to present ourselves and our process as an alliance to sponsors, vendors and any business that wants to support our membership. We will have the right processes in place to make entering the WDRA family as easy and efficient as possible for potential partners that will contribute to your members benefits.

I guarantee you someone closely involved with WDRA is getting the commission from the Insurance Policy. Every interview they do only talks about insurance. They are extremely vague on what is going to differentiate the series for the racer.

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
sounds like they are in the insurance business not the drag racing business.

The majority of the racers that will keep the gates open to these tracks don't care about their personally safety let alone insurance.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:

The majority of the racers that will keep the gates open to these tracks don't care about their personally safety let alone insurance.

Agreed. Loose belts, helmets out of cages, and pajama pants don't scream I care about insurance.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Is WDRA going to have tech?
Would seem odd to go get chassis cert at IHRA and in order race WDRA?

And I agree with someone here, a lot of talk about insurance. Spectators don't care about insurance. Most racers don't think about a track's insurance.

Is it a drag racing association or an insurance company?

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Agreed. Loose belts, helmets out of cages, and pajama pants don't scream I care about insurance.

It's the Drag strips being solicited with the lure of better insurance, not the racer.

The owner of the drag strip decides who to choose as a sanctioning body NHRA, IHRA, WDRA

The insurance is the shiniest lure in the tackle box, for the eyes of any successful drag strip owner.

If the folks at the WDRA keep beating the insurance drum, this is why.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I don’t know what IHRA tracks you have been to. But that is NOT allowed at any of them I have been to. Most of these are not outlaw tracks. They are former IHRA tracks. I’ve seen no safety difference between the ihra tracks I race at and the nhra tracks I race at.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
several and not only is it allowed, but there is no effort made to enforce the rules and penalize those that think rules are for everyone but them. It's not uncommon to see single layer jackets, no gloves, no neck collar or helmet skirt on drivers in dragsters and some wearing shorts too

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post