WDRA
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:
Originally posted by Tom396:
Who wants to wager on which direction Summit throws their money in 2023? Take care. Tom Worthington

From a racer standpoint, does it matter?

Yes, if you participate in Summit programs and your local track is on the fence about which sanction to join. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
WDRA isn't a group of drag racing enthusiasts, it's the industry of drag racing. Sponsorship is not a problem.

Don't take my word for it.

Capeche?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Who wants to wager on which direction Summit throws their money in 2023? Take care. Tom Worthington

From a racer standpoint, does it matter?

Yes, if you participate in Summit programs and your local track is on the fence about which sanction to join. Take care. Tom Worthington

I suspect there will be no financial difference in the end regardless of who is sponsoring it

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6377 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I have said for a long time I do not think there is really room for THREE Sanctioning bodies and did not think this was the time to start one. I hope they all thrive and we have more opportunities and places to race just not counting on it.

WDRA has gained more tracks and momentum than any of us myself included thought they would. But have they offered anything more to the racers than IHRA or NHRA?

Still think it is too early to be saying WDRA will take over and IHRA or NHRA is doomed.

I do find it interesting where it appears many racers here are already jumping ship from IHRA to climb on board WDRA. And surprised that so many tracks jumped on board so quick. I do know around here we are losing NHRA tracks and now it appears that some are leaving IHRA for WDRA so that tells me many are not happy with the service they were getting.

But will anything get any better? Or just change?

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3990 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
When industry has an alliance with governing over the competition, what results?

Professionalism.

It's in everyone's best interest, Government-Authority & Industry.

There's why it's named World Drag Racing Alliance

Apparently industry intends to assure professionalism - WDRA.

Capeche?

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Guess I might as well throw my guess in the ring.
I think the WDRA will not have License Fees, Chassis certs or Permanent Number Fees. I think they will have an excellent Track Insurance program and that is a critical, although not mentioned much, part of operating a track. Not sure about sanction fees but I would guess those will be a part of the insurance fees.
The ET Finals and Track Champion things they talk about are pretty much standard operating procedure in all sanctions.
If they can bring in some small level of Corporate America to local tracks, like Winston used to do, it would be great. Paint for the tower, guardrails, etc in return for displaying logos at the local tracks.
Not all tracks are owned by millionaires and it will be the so-called "little things" that sway the 100 car a race tracks to the WDRA.
I guess we will know in a month or so.
I just want to keep racing.
Jok

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1218 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Well that is the xxxxxxx thing I have heard in a long time. Because they use the word "Alliance" in their name that that will be ran better, more professional and better for racers?

One word. You may be reading a little too much into one word there buddy. You do realize they are trying to advertise and promote the new organization here to racers and tracks?

If only NHRA or IHRA had used the word "Alliance" in their name think where they could be today. (Sarcasm)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Curly1,

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

Posts: 3990 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Toad1:
I think the WDRA will not have License Fees, Chassis certs or Permanent Number Fees. I think they will have an excellent Track Insurance program and that is a critical, although not mentioned much, part of operating a track. Not sure about sanction fees but I would guess those will be a part of the insurance fees.
The ET Finals and Track Champion things they talk about are pretty much standard operating procedure in all sanctions.
If they can bring in some small level of Corporate America to local tracks, like Winston used to do, it would be great. Paint for the tower, guardrails, etc in return for displaying logos at the local tracks.
Not all tracks are owned by millionaires and it will be the so-called "little things" that sway the 100 car a race tracks to the WDRA.
Jok

quote:
Originally posted by Holytown:
For as many interviews and as much talk there is about WDRA, there is virtually no information on their website.

Not really hearing anything other than insurance talk.

That just means WDRA is soliciting drag strip owners at this point in the campaign.

Insurance determines which drag strips end up under which umbrella NHRA, WDRA, IHRA.

Obviously WDRA insurance is up to par with any existing option.

Insurance is the determining factor who's umbrella each track ends up under... NHRA, WDRA, IHRA.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
Well that is the DUMBEST thing I have heard in a long time. Because they use the word "Alliance" in their name that that will be ran better, more professional and better for racers?

One word. You may be reading a little too much into one word there buddy. You do realize they are trying to advertise and promote the new organization here to racers and tracks?

If only NHRA or IHRA had used the word "Alliance" in their name think where they could be today. (Sarcasm)

It's called critical reading skills.

WDRA is an alliance between Government and Industry.

Don't take my word for it, read it yourself.

Words have meanings.

DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
Spoke with a track operator in depth about this yesterday. It's amazing the insight he brought to the table on this topic. I can certainly see why tracks are going with WDRA. More to come.

SL...

Posts: 2099 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Toad1:
Jok

I think it will be hard for them to get good insurance if they do not require Licenses and Chassis Certifications. They may be able to get around that if they require one of the other HRA's Licenses and Chassis Certs? Even with that how could insurance allow someone else's Certification in a lawsuit? And if there was a lawsuit do you think one of the other HRA's would vouch for the licenses and chassis certs on someone else's track? I think insurance will require some sort of attempt to make everything safe before they would insure them?

My guess here is that the individual tracks are required to have insurance by the HRA but since some tracks are almost all local bracket and others have big No Prep, or National events or other things I do not know if the HRA actually provides the insurance as part of the membership. Also since IHRA has waived all membership fees for tracks next year makes me think the tracks pay for own insurance. Do not know that for a fact just thinking out loud. Insurance is expensive and I can not see IHRA paying for the tracks out of their pocket if they are not getting the membership fees.

Also my understanding (I could be wrong) is that the IHRA track membership fees are $2,000 a year or less so I can not see it having track insurance included in that price. One other thing on insurance one track earlier this year cancelled a race at last minute because they had changed owners and the new insurance policy was not in effect yet. That leads me to think the track and not the HRA provides or pays for the insurance.

The other thing there you said not all tracks are owned by Millionaires. Well most millionaires got that way by saving money and when they do spend money they spend it they do it wisely where they will get a good return on their investment.

I think you are dead on with the other comments.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DragRaceResults:
Spoke with a track operator in depth about this yesterday. It's amazing the insight he brought to the table on this topic. I can certainly see why tracks are going with WDRA. More to come.

SL...

The assumption some are making is that tracks are taking this decision lightly and the switch without reason. I don’t understand why anyone would assume that.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6377 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
If you make the switch, you acquire all the sponsors.

WDRA is the drag racing *industry* as a whole.

It's an alliance between authority (tracks) and industry.

Don't take my word for it.

Read it yourself.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
These WDRA tracks will be rewarded by industry according to what they bring to the table.

Professionalism - traffic through the gate.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

SL...

The assumption some are making is that tracks are taking this decision lightly and the switch without reason. I don’t understand why anyone would assume that.

I would like to know what new insight SL got on it. Also do not see why any track would take the decision lightly. We do know a lot of tracks and racers are not happy with NHRA and IHRA but are they mad enough to leave? And how do they (we) know WDRA will be any better?

I have said before I did not think another Sanctioning body would ever make it and now it appears that it just may happen. This could be a good thing if it makes it.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:
quote:
quote:

SL...

I would like to know what new insight SL got on it. Also do not see why any track would take the decision lightly. We do know a lot of tracks and racers are not happy with NHRA and IHRA but are they mad enough to leave? And how do they (we) know WDRA will be any better?

I have said before I did not think another Sanctioning body would ever make it and now it appears that it just may happen. This could be a good thing if it makes it.

That's what happens when you're thinking is steered by emotion, rather than rational thought.

You're wrong.

Fact is the Economy stinks right now and some in Government want to completely eliminate all gas powered vehicles. Fact and my Emotion has nothing to do with that.
Also there was probably 5 to 8 times more people bracket racing in 2000 than there is now. Fact not Emotion. And Professional numbers have not suffered as bad are not as good as they were.

Fact is we racers are a small part of population and getting worse every day. As much as I want it to grow now is not a good time and the future of racing will face more struggles.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

SL...

That's what happens when you're thinking is steered by emotion, rather than rational thought.

You're wrong.

Fact is the Economy stinks right now and some in Government want to completely eliminate all gas powered vehicles. Fact and my Emotion has nothing to do with that.
Also there was probably 5 to 8 times more people bracket racing in 2000 than there is now. Fact not Emotion. And Professional numbers have not suffered as bad are not as good as they were.

Fact is we racers are a small part of population and getting worse every day. As much as I want it to grow now is not a good time and the future of racing will face more struggles.

All facts that a positive change in direction is warranted.

The door is wide open, WDRA (drag racing industry) stepped in to assure its existence.

Apparently industry didn't like what it was seeing.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:

You're wrong.

Am I missing anything in my thoughts, is rational. Critical thinking - critical of ones own thoughts. Unbiased.

We all know. Have a nice day.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Curly1,

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Five to eight times as many bracket racers?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
Rather than argue about it, let's all just wait and see.

Mike

Posts: 1562 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post