New
Find
Notify
Tools

WDRA
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I don't think Bucky has raced in the East, especially the South East. I have only seen a real tech once or twice in the last 20 years other than the WFC at Bristol. One they opened the pass door and saw NHRA certified and sent me on the way. This Sat I raced at a track with around 400 entries, no tech at all and Armco guard rails. They claim this track will be WDRA! Saw one car running 4.20 close to 180. Anyway I still see nothing that interests me yet.

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
several and not only is it allowed, but there is no effort made to enforce the rules and penalize those that think rules are for everyone but them. It's not uncommon to see single layer jackets, no gloves, no neck collar or helmet skirt on drivers in dragsters and some wearing shorts too

What tracks?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6377 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

several and not only is it allowed, but there is no effort made to enforce the rules and penalize those that think rules are for everyone but them. It's not uncommon to see single layer jackets, no gloves, no neck collar or helmet skirt on drivers in dragsters and some wearing shorts too

This goes on with both associations & at all the big money races I've attended. Yesterday, at our last points race in the 2nd round. My opponent chose to not wear his neck collar & his gloves. Anyway, I won the round. Smile

When I was back East, tech was nonexistent; one or two didn't require a tech card. Pay at the gate & that was it.

The worst offenders of the rules quoted above & many more, were at the big money races. I'll leave the name out for now.

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2514 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Every IHRA track in North Carolina and every IHRA track that hosts ano SFG race.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
Other than loyalty to the letters, what is behind the negativity towards the new sanctioning body? Are you reluctant to get on board because the organization is new and you are unsure about the people or the mission? Because right now tgat is also applying to IHRA.

^^^ This.

I've never seen so many people b*tch about a startup for no reason.

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5727 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I hope it makes it and does great. I do not think now is a good time for it and the Economy and future of racing in general is struggling. Still I hope it makes it.

We all know NHRA does not care about Racers, Sponsors or Spectators and IHRA has not taken advantage of the opportunity to grow. So maybe this is a good thing.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3990 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Beard:
quote:
Other than loyalty to the letters, what is behind the negativity towards the new sanctioning body? Are you reluctant to get on board because the organization is new and you are unsure about the people or the mission? Because right now tgat is also applying to IHRA.

^^^ This.

My issue is the vague statements they make during interviews about what exactly they intend on doing. You can say all you want that they have said what they intend to do, but 90% of the people I have talked to disagree. You don't start a business of this level without having a 3 or 5 year plan.

"We intend on making it the best organization for bracket racers" doesn't answer the question everyone is asking.....HOW?

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of Thurston
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Holytown:
quote:
quote:
Other than loyalty to the letters, what is behind the negativity towards the new sanctioning body? Are you reluctant to get on board because the organization is new and you are unsure about the people or the mission? Because right now tgat is
also applying to IHRA.

I am hearing from a well known track/operator that the WDRA indeed has a "plan", and that's why many are leaving, because IHRA does not have any kind of "plan". Now weather WDRA has a well written thought out "plan" complete with a prospectus is a whole different question. And if they have comprehensive "plan" that is a confidential company document that will not be shared with a large group of people/racers.

It may very well benefit WDRA to produce a "racer plan" that they can share with all us minions. Just my 2 cents.

^^^ This.

My issue is the vague statements they make during interviews about what exactly they intend on doing. You can say all you want that they have said what they intend to do, but 90% of the people I have talked to disagree. You don't start a business of this level without having a 3 or 5 year plan.

"We intend on making it the best organization for bracket racers" doesn't answer the question everyone is asking.....HOW?

Posts: 68 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of muggs
posted Hide Post
Lots of questions, time will provide answers. Though it would be nice to have answers, is not required this early on.

My home track is on list, I have been running there since 2003. If they find it atractive to change, I trust them.

Is great to have option of new startup in current economy. Wish all 3 sanctionong bodies success. Then again I race for fun and do not care to much about details as long as track surface works with my car and I know rules going in.

Posts: 3078 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
They seem to be providing similar programs plug contingency. What more do you need to know right now?

The tracks seem to think it is a healthy move for them. Keeping our tracks healthy seems paramount from my seat in the bleachers. I’m not sure I am owed and explanation from track management justifying their decision.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6377 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I Wish all three sanctioning bodies success. Then again, I race for fun and do not care too much about details as long as the track surface works with my car and I know the rules going in.

I think the above statement sums up the feelings of many racers.

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1828 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
quote:

As opposed to the super-specific new IHRA? LOL I've actually worked with them recently, er... both of them, well, one of them is gone now I've heard. Without the track operators, the Team Finals would've been a complete disaster. Buying a name doesn't equate to having a "plan". The best thing they've got is Paige Hamlin. If they were smart, they'd put her in charge of the whole thing.

I don't know what you people think a sanctioning body actually does. They administer Bracket Finals, a World Championship runoff, and maybe a couple of special events with their name on it. This isn't rocket surgery.

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5727 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
I see that many operators/owners of some good tracks have signed up. I'd say they didn't sign on just for the insurance.
As a racer you get to choose the track you race at and possibly join whatever sanctioning body that track belongs to if you want to participate in the program. You can still race anywhere so it really makes no difference to many.
Rule enforcement and safety are controlled on a track level. You pays your money and you takes your chances. The big races of the year the most popular sanctioning body puts on is "teched" by racers filling out their own tech cards and doing their own tech.
I've traveled some in my area around TN,GA,NC,SC and VA. Only place I've ever had anyone physically look at my car was Bristol.

Posts: 1451 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
I don't really get what everyone is so worried about.... if the track hosts a safe, fair, well run, decent paying race and they honor your license then who cares if its sanctioned by IHRA, NHRA, WDRA or the Girl Scouts of America?

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 626 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Bingo, as long as the girl scouts don't have pink hair, ghetto tats, nose rings and pentagram necklaces.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I draw the line with the Girl Scouts, just kidding; I don't give 2 shyts! Big Grin

I'm a still

Relaxing

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2514 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
I draw the line with the Girl Scouts, just kidding; I don't give 2 shyts! Big Grin

I'm a still

Relaxing

Boy Scouts, they've for sure already been infiltrated by the abomination crowd.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

As opposed to the super-specific new IHRA? LOL I've actually worked with them recently, er... both of them, well, one of them is gone now I've heard. Without the track operators, the Team Finals would've been a complete disaster. Buying a name doesn't equate to having a "plan". The best thing they've got is Paige Hamlin. If they were smart, they'd put her in charge of the whole thing.

I don't know what you people think a sanctioning body actually does. They administer Bracket Finals, a World Championship runoff, and maybe a couple of special events with their name on it. This isn't rocket surgery.

Rocket surgery?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richard Hammond
posted Hide Post
Copied from facebook
WDRA
AMERICAN RACE CARS OFFERS WDRA RACERS A FREE $5K RACE
Springfield, IL – American Race Cars has joined the list of companies supporting the World Drag Racing Alliance (WDRA) Sportsman Drag Racing Series and their quarter-million-dollar bracket racing program in 2023.
The WDRA will conclude the season with the Sportsman Drag Racing Series (SDRS) World Championships in October of 2023. The invitation only, free race entry event will feature WDRA track champions and Bracket Finals Champions in head-to-head competition for their share of the $200,000 main event cash points fund. American Race Cars has made that weekend even better as they have joined the alliance of businesses supporting bracket racers by providing a no entry fee, $5,000 to win race for the qualified Box racers who are invited to World Championship event.
“American Race Cars provides world class race cars to some of the best bracket racers in the country and to have them step up this early to support the Sportsman Drag Racing Series is incredible” said WDRA founder Don Scott. “Box racers now have two free entry races to enjoy during the SDRS World Championships which is an awesome value,” said Scott.
As a part of the program, American Race Cars will also have a presence at all WDRA Bracket Finals events as well as being a part of the live stream coverage of the SDRS World Championships.
“Many of our customers get a lot of national attention on the big money bracket racing scene, but the majority of our customers are fighting it out at their local track for track championships,” said American Race Car owner Travis Colangelo. “We wanted to recognize and support those men and women who support their local bracket racing programs week in and week out. We can’t wait to add some fun and excitement to the WDRA World Championships by putting on this free race.”
More updates and information on the WDRA Sportsman Drag Racing Series will be released in the coming weeks and posted on www.racewdra.com and on the WDRA facebook page.
About WDRA: The mission of the WDRA is to provide value as a sanctioning body to racers and facilities through process modernization, unparalleled service and value driven partnerships.
About American Race Cars: Since its inception in late 2004, American Race Cars has quickly become one of the premier chassis builders in sportsman racing. Several championship drivers and teams have made American Race Cars their weapon of choice for competition in Index Racing, Top Dragster and bracket categories. For more information on American Race Cars, please visit www.americanracecars.net.

Posts: 433 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Rocket surgery?

Rocket Science combined with Brain Surgery.

...it was a joke. -=sigh=-