DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Byron Dragway - Firecracker Nationals - $100k to Win! - PreEnter Now!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Byron Dragway - Firecracker Nationals - $100k to Win! - PreEnter Now!
 Login/Join

DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted
New for 2018 in the BIG MONEY scene - Pre Enter Now.

PRE ENTER HERE

Posts: 2111 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Ron Leek raising his head--I remember going out there many years ago when his was the ONLY big money race in the country. Good to finally see a track owner get involved in the current big money deal.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Ron Leek doesn’t own it anymore. BJ Vangsness owns it now.

Mitch

Posts: 2 | Location: Illinois | Registered: October 06, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Ron Leek still announces at some of the events and is still fun to listen to.

Posts: 2464 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:

THAT IS OFFICIAL!

I love listening to Ron on the mike. I know he isn't everyone's cup of tea, but every time I get together with my racing buddies, the Leek Voice is coming out at some point.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3160 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I see a Kyle BJ cage match coming......! Be Right Back

Posts: 842 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
11 round race to make it to the big win. One time trial perhaps and two rounds of 400 cars each. Long day! Good thing to have diapers required. Could save from long clean ups which would kill the day.
I'm glad to see this track holding a big money race.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6408 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
11 round race to make it to the big win. One time trial perhaps and two rounds of 400 cars each. Long day! Good thing to have diapers required. Could save from long clean ups which would kill the day.

No time runs on race day, and the buyback is re-entry style so the official 2nd round would have a maximum of 300 cars. If you lose first round, it would be a 12 round race in total.

You are correct; long day!

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3160 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
400 cars is a 10 Round race.

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5734 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Beard:

It is really two separate 200 car races with the winners having a runoff.

Tony Leonard

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lenny5160:
quote:

It is really two separate 200 car races with the winners having a runoff.

A 200 car race with 1 round of re-entry is 9 rounds. The runoff would be Round 10.

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5734 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Although it’ll be a long day, Byron Dragway has a fleet of portable generator lights that will be staged for the event. I raced there this and last year with the portable lighting system at night and was acceptable.

59 dragster openings still remain and although the door car side has been filled, they are still taking entries for the waiting list.

Posts: 2464 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:

I assumed buyback/re-entry to be another first round.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6408 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Pull to the side and stop!

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
quote:

There was a post on Facebook a few years back that was really funny.It was the TOP 10 list of what Ron Leek would say.Maybe you can add to the list?

-Thank you for putting your trash in the bin, you are truly a friend of the environment
-Jabroni
-Woah Woah Woah
-Slow down on the mini bike/moped/four wheeler/golf cart.
-Pause for the Cause
-Unbelievable!
-He got nailed.
-High alert!
-Too close to call!
-It is official!
-
Here at Byron Dragway... Byron, Illinois! The Playground of Power!!! Byron... Byron Dragway. Byron, Illinois... Byron!

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

No time runs on race day, and the buyback is re-entry style so the official 2nd round would have a maximum of 300 cars. If you lose first round, it would be a 12 round race in total.

Can you explain? It says buy back into 2nd rd.... So when 200 people lose in the first round, and 200 people buy back into the second round, and race with the 200 people who won the first round.....isn't that 400 cars in the second round too? I have not seen it called re entry

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Pro
Picture of BLIND MULE 2217
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Can you explain? It says buy back into 2nd rd.... So when 200 people lose in the first round, and 200 people buy back into the second round, and race with the 200 people who won the first round.....isn't that 400 cars in the second round too? I have not seen it called re entry

Ummmm......bottom of the flyer beside "RE-ENTRY"

Posts: 354 | Location: Opelika AL, | Registered: January 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BLIND MULE 2217:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Ummmm......bottom of the flyer beside "RE-ENTRY"

Ok, (after zooming) so 300 in the second round. But there is round 1-1/2 with 200 cars competing to get into round 2. Correct?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Trophy
Picture of DaleH
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

There was a post on Facebook a few years back that was really funny.It was the TOP 10 list of what Ron leek would say.Maybe you can add to the list?

-Thank you for putting your trash in the bin, you are truly a friend of the environment
-Jabroni
-Woah Woah Woah
-Pause for the Cause
-Unbelievable!
-He got nailed.
-High alert!
-Too close to call!
-It is official!
-
Here at Byron Dragway... Byron, Illinois! The Playground of Power!!! Byron... Byron Dragway. Byron, Illinois... Byron!

MR BILL !! MR BIll !! MR BILL !! STOP LOOKING AT THE REVERENDS WIFE THAT WAY !!

Posts: 61 | Location: MN | Registered: August 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaleH:
quote:
quote:

There was a post on Facebook a few years back that was really funny.It was the TOP 10 list of what Ron leek would say.Maybe you can add to the list?

-Jabroni
-Woah Woah Woah
-Pause for the Cause
-Unbelievable!
-He got nailed.
-High alert!
-Too close to call!
-It is official!
-

MR BILL !! MR BIll !! MR BILL !! STOP LOOKING AT THE REVERENDS WIFE THAT WAY !!

Mark, you’re needed at the Petroleum Plaza !!