DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    NHRA LUCAS OIL DRAG RACING SERIES, THUNDER VALLEY RACEWAY PARK EVENT POSTPONED
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NHRA LUCAS OIL DRAG RACING SERIES, THUNDER VALLEY RACEWAY PARK EVENT POSTPONED
 Login/Join

DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted
EVENT DATE CHANGE

The Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series event that was scheduled this weekend at Thunder Valley Raceway Park in Noble, Okla., has been rescheduled for October 26-28, 2018. With the amount of rain that the facility has received and is forecast to receive over the event weekend it does not look favorable to keep the event as scheduled. The daily schedule will remain the same as below.

THE SOUTH CENTRAL DIVISION STORMS TO AN END AT
THUNDER IN THE HEARTLAND

LEXINGTON, Okla. - Thunder Valley Raceway Park will host the Thunder in the Heartland, the final event for the NHRA South Central Division, on October 12-14. The event is one of 44 scheduled across the country where drivers in the NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series earn points leading to divisional, regional and national championships as well as a chance at a share of the year-end purse of more than $519,000.

Categories include Comp Eliminator, Super Stock, Stock Eliminator, Super Comp, Super Gas and Super Street. The division’s SDPC Raceshop Top Sportsman, Top Dragster Series and NHRA Sportsman Motorcycle Series will also be run in conjunction with the event.

Gates at Thunder Valley Raceway open at 7 a.m. each day. Qualifying and Time Trials begin Friday 9 a.m. and continue Saturday at 9 a.m. Top Dragster, Comp and Top Sportsman will make two qualifying runs on Friday and a final two on Saturday to set the fields. Eliminations for some classes will begin Saturday afternoon and continue on Sunday at 9 a.m. Specialty Shootout events will highlight Friday afternoon’s racing action.

Tickets for Thunder Valley Raceway are $20 Friday, $20 Saturday and $20 Sunday. Children 11 and under are admitted free with a paid adult.

Thunder Valley Raceway is located off Highway 77 South, south of Highway 9E. For more information call the track, (405) 872-3429, or visit www.OKThunder.com.

Posts: 2108 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I saw this yesterday.

It's too bad that Division 3 and Division 4 couldn't get together and run a DOUBLE at St. Louis next week.

Some (not me) were planning on going to Las Vegas for the National event that weekend.

I bet it rains or is too cold on those dates in Oklahoma.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
It's too bad that Division 3 and Division 4 couldn't get together and run a DOUBLE at St. Louis next week.

That would probably be enough to make me postpone this weekend's winterization project!

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3153 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Paul S/Q
posted Hide Post
quote:
I saw this yesterday.

It's too bad that Division 3 and Division 4 couldn't get together and run a DOUBLE at St. Louis next week... too cold on those dates in Oklahoma.

Have you seen the forecast for St. Louis next weekend? Not any warmer.

Posts: 783 | Location: hopefully pickin up a check in the winners circle | Registered: November 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paul S/Q:
quote:
I saw this yesterday.

It's too bad that Division 3 and Division 4 couldn't get together and run a DOUBLE at St. Louis next week... too cold on those dates in Oklahoma.

70 on Friday
68 on Saturday
69 on Sunday

10-19
10-20
10-21

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I don’t like to say “never” but I will never go back to Noble.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5304 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cashflow:
I don’t like to say “never” but I will never go back to Noble.

I don't like to say "never" either,but I was there in 2003 and have "never" been back.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
I went to Noble in 2015. It was raining as we pulled into the track on Friday morning and we got a late start, but otherwise it was all great!

I've heard horror stories from other years...

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3153 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of SC4400
posted Hide Post
C'mon Vern...It'll be OK...next year. At least they are trying to improve things. Fingers Cross

I'm out for this year, that job thing. But Maybe NEXT year?

BTW, I'm on the right.

RIP

It's a dangerous time in America. The communists are inside the gates.
Our survival is not guaranteed.

Posts: 793 | Location: Lake Charles La | Registered: January 29, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Paul S/Q
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
I saw this yesterday.

70 on Friday
68 on Saturday
69 on Sunday

10-19
10-20
10-21

Check again... 59 for a high Friday and Saturday. Sunday isn’t even used for racing unless needed.

Posts: 783 | Location: hopefully pickin up a check in the winners circle | Registered: November 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
I saw this yesterday.

70 on Friday
68 on Saturday
69 on Sunday

10-19
10-20
10-21

Check again... 59 for a high Friday and Saturday. Sunday isn’t even used for racing unless needed.

I guess it depends on what weather site you look at.Accuweather still says 69 on Saturday.

I like to use Weatherunderground and they say 59.

Either way it should be fine for next week.The week after at Noble is still too far away to even guess at this point.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Well,this should be an interesting weekend. A high of 57 tomorrow with a chance of rain.A nice day Saturday with a ton of wind.
Too cold to start at 8am,and too cold to run until midnight.
Sunday is no racing unless needed.
High of 53 on Sunday.
It will be very fast,but could be a little tricky if you have a fast car.
I guess it is good only one race is planned.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
The current forecast for Noble OK next week. The big issue will be how much rain they get leading up to the weekend and the condition of the pits..

THU
OCT 25
Cloudy
60°48°
20%
NE 8 mph 79%
FRI
OCT 26
Partly Cloudy
66°50°
10%
SSE 9 mph 77%
SAT
OCT 27
AM Showers
62°47°
40%
NW 13 mph 72%
SUN
OCT 28
Partly Cloudy
60°45°
20%
NNW 12 mph 64%

Posts: 2421 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post